SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I'm just thinking the date sent it directly because TE had the date's phone number. How else would TE have gotten the date's phone number if HE's cell phone has not been recovered?

From the article that TE wrote (released today) it sounded like TE/LE called the date while they were still in the parking lot.

LE has databases with info on their computers. They have to run things, it's easy to get a number, license, etc if they have a name. Databases go a long way, they have to.

Maybe TE knows the date has been cleared and at this time in the investigation his focus is strictly getting his daughter back ..Plenty of time later when this closes down..

I get that but, as the last known person to see his daughter, I would really think he would want to hear details from him, himself, in person...JMO, seems strange.

any reason why Hwy 544? is that the main road to PTL?:seeya:

Someone coming from around Conway or Socastee could take Hwy 544, turn on to Mill Pond Road then make a right on Peachtree Landing Road.

Does anyone know what traffic is like on Mill Pond Road? Any businesses there with cameras?

True. I'm just thinking the date sent it directly because TE had the date's phone number. How else would TE have gotten the date's phone number if HE's cell phone has not been recovered?

From the article that TE wrote (released today) it sounded like TE/LE called the date while they were still in the parking lot.

I think he (TE) could have retrieved the date's phone number from phone records. The report is a collection of info but I don't think that TE gave it all to the officer in the parking lot.

Eta: I think also the officer mentioned not being able to verify 2 people and the date was one of them. I interpreted this to mean at the time the report was written the officer hadn't spoke to date yet.

[modsnip]... I have tmobile and on my online phone records, the text history is PST, 3 hrs earlier. I am sure that by now TE and LE are aware of this discrepancy and so I think the initial reference to 3am is actually 6am, if that makes sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you are saying that TMobile does not automatically update to the time zone you are in?

I think he (TE) could have retrieved the date's phone number from phone records. The report is a collection of info but I don't think that TE gave it all to the officer in the parking lot.

Couldn't TE give the officer the name and the officer run the number?

When was the car found? The timeline doesn't have a link. I thought the car was found Wed. night, Dec. 18th, 2013, but the timeline says the 19th?

Salem

So the 10:43 p.m., Dec. 17th, 2013 is the last time that HE's physical presence can be independently verified.

According to MSM, the date took her home sometime between 2:00-2:30 a.m. on the 18th. HE then calls her roommate shortly thereafter.

It seems to me that the conversation with the roommate could have involved far more than letting her know the date went well. I suspect, and this is just a guess, that when TE references phone content/contacts that he's not at liberty to discuss, it may be a reference to the greater conversation with the roommate, and the content of that interaction sheds a good deal of light on what is now part of the investigation. It may also include subsequent calls/texts she made or received.

Heather may have confided in or discussed with the roommate other issues that were troubling her or that pertain to other contacts she had through her phone that night and early morning. That issue may have led to other phone activity, and a meeting that then went badly.

I realize this has all likely been proposed here in one way or another. But given the confusion over some of the details, I'm advancing some thoughts on the sequence of things as a way of summarizing a potential scenario that flowed from events and texting/calling activity that was occurring before or during her date. Texts and calls that she may not have fully attended to until after her date.

Just a thought.

But, whatever happened thereafter, I think TE is probably straight on with his theory that she was betrayed in some way by a person of trust. And I still contend she did not drive her car to where it was found.

The last phone ping/communication was reported as 3:41 a.m. (as far as we know). So was she talking to her roommate all that time. An hour to an hour and 1/2? Doesn't that seem like a long time for so early in the morning?

bbm

Yes, maybe she was upset about something or just needed to talk to roommate about something. We don’t know their routine - was this out of the norm?

I find it odd that she felt the need to call her roommate after the date. Why not go home and go to bed after that long of a date? Is it possible while on the date, unbeknownst to her date, that someone saw her and followed her home?? and that is why she called the roommate and that is why the call was one and one half hours?

MOO

The last phone ping/communication was reported as 3:41 a.m. (as far as we know). So was she talking to her roommate all that time. An hour to an hour and 1/2? Doesn't that seem like a long time for so early in the morning?

Maybe not because no work the next day, school break for roommate. If Heather was upset, her friend may have stayed on the phone to listen to Heather's concerns. Just a guess.... Also, maybe she put roomie on hold to answer an incoming call that may have started the later chain of events.

So you are saying that TMobile does not automatically update to the time zone you are in?

Correct. If I text my husband right now, both here in SC with local phone numbers, it will show on our call records at 9:45pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the 10:43 p.m., Dec. 17th, 2013 is the last time that HE's physical presence can be independently verified.

According to MSM, the date took her home sometime between 2:00-2:30 a.m. on the 18th. HE then calls her roommate shortly thereafter.

I wouldn't say that 10:43 is the last time HE's physical appearance can be independently verified.

The picture could have been taken at any time and someone just sent it to TE at 10:43 on 12/18. Even if it came from HE phone, anyone could have sent it.

Just being super analytical here.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/15/3208456/sled-investigating-unauthorized.html

SLED seems to have bigger issues than Target!

On December 18th (say what?), 4,000 current or former employees had all their personal information downloaded onto an encrypted mobile storage device.

"This is the fouth time since 2012 that personal information in the custody of the state government has been compromised:"

Here's the link to SLED ~ http://www.sled.sc.gov/

___________________________________________________:scared:

Earlier in the thread, is this what the poster confused SLED with, an organization that uses the equipment listed below?
(Don't feel bad. How would we know what SLED stands for?)

Ground penetrating radar and side scanning sonar

Actually, the police report states,

"Entity 1 spoke to Entity 2, who stated that he picked the victim up at her residence at approximately 1900 hours on that date. Entity 2 stated that they went to dinner, went looking Christmas lights, and then to the parking lot of Inlet Square Mall, to teach her to drive a manual drive vehicle. Entity 2 stated that he then took the victim back to her residence at approximately 0200-0230 hours, and that she went inside the apartment and that her vehicle was in the driveway."

My reason for pointing this out is that TE is Entity 1, the date is Entity 2. That is fact from the police report we are allowed to discuss. That means, according to the above paragraph, it was TE who spoke with the date that night, not LE. I'd bet LE was standing right there, and I'd also agree that LE has since conversed with the date since (actually, we know they have and he's been all but cleared.) But in essence, TE HAS communicated with the date.

Hope this makes sense.

"Entity 1 spoke to Entity 2, who stated that he picked the victim up at her residence at approximately 1900 hours on that date. Entity 2 stated that they went to dinner, went looking Christmas lights, and then to the parking lot of Inlet Square Mall, to teach her to drive a manual drive vehicle. Entity 2 stated that he then took the victim back to her residence at approximately 0200-0230 hours, and that she went inside the apartment and that her vehicle was in the driveway."

My reason for pointing this out is that TE is Entity 1, the date is Entity 2. That is fact from the police report we are allowed to discuss. That means, according to the above paragraph, it was TE who spoke with the date that night, not LE. I'd bet LE was standing right there, and I'd also agree that LE has since conversed with the date since (actually, we know they have and he's been all but cleared.) But in essence, TE HAS communicated with the date.

Hope this makes sense.

I'm thinking LE was not standing there when TE spoke to date. At the end of the report it states that at the time of this report the officer is unable to positively identify entities 2 & 5. The date is 2. If the officer was present, he would have spoke to the date as well.

Hope this makes sense.

From this article written by Terry Elvis, it doesn't give a timeline but he tells the date has taken a polygraph.

:http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

"Some time after that photo was taken, Heather’s date returned my daughter to the condo that she shared with her roommate, who was out of town for Christmas. She parted with the young man for the night -- which is the last time anyone saw her.

Details get blurred after this, but from what Heather’s roommate tells us and the police, Heather called her roommate, who was also her friend, and told her she had an "awesome" time and was excited to see the young man again."

And here is another excerpt from the same article.

"The young man who took her on the date was brought in to be questioned by the police and eventually fully cleared. I have never met the young man, but his story checked out and a polygraph fully cleared him of any potential involvement."

Salem, let me know if this is not allowed or I need to modify it please.

Heartbreaking post from TE on fhefb about 30 minutes ago. I pray that this nightmare is over for them soon.

From TE's article: http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis it is clear the car was not found until 11:00ish p.m. on the 19th. That means, based on what we know, HE had not used her phone for approximately 44 hours (depending on the time zones in the phone settings).

Did I get that right? 3:41 a.m. Dec 18th to 11:00ish p.m. Dec 19th?

I don't know why, but I never had those dates straight and didn't realize that HE was probably missing all that time before anyone even knew it.

Remember we can only use the non-redacted info here.

Salem

I would need to talk to the date, if I was a parent...he is the last known person to see her. Was she fine all night? Did her mood change at all? Did she answer any calls or texts? Did she say anything at all that might be useful? I just really would have to meet, face to face ASAP. Cannot imagine after a month, not having met him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member