SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yay for yoyo! (yo on yo own) leftovers here!

do we know where HE lived prior to moving into her current apartment?

*grasping*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No, it has never been stated.

Just want to point out that on the 1st Post where it lists all the previous Threads, i think it is missing Thread #7.

Thank you Hatfield. I'll take care of that, right now.

Salem

I wonder if she had just moved into the condo in the beginning of December when she listed her roomie as her "relationship". Just thinking out loud

I don't have the link, but it was linked in a previous thread that HE's father said she had just moved into her new apartment on December 4th or 5th.

Also, Hatfield, I think thread #7 is being moderated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone put together a timeline yet, with the info we have?

I thought I saw a map somewhere of HE's condo and where the car was found. Maybe we could add the TK and the HoB to that?

Salem

What's the psychology behind all the drama in these missing person's cases?

How in such serious and life changing matters, people can be so ... (adjective is escaping me). It almost seems like they view it as entertainment. Primarily speaking about what transpires on Missing Facebook Pages.

How in such serious and life changing matters, people can be so ... (adjective is escaping me). It almost seems like they view it as entertainment. Primarily speaking about what transpires on Missing Facebook Pages.

Hi Knox! :seeya: Beats me, but I am glad we don't allow it here! :rocker:

Good question. Analayze me first. I have plenty of drama going on in my own family life right now and a full time job to keep up with. I don't have time for this, yet I'm obsessed lol. Perhaps it is an escape. And I love research. And mysteries.

Hi all,

I haven't been following this case, but from the volume of thread's you all must be doing some great work. I got a request from rizzo0904 (tried to PM them back, but their account does not receive PMs) to do a search for holaimheather on peoplebrowsr.
(For those who don't know we learned that peoplebrowsr keeps a cache of several years of twitter feeds, even those the were "deleted" or deleted accounts). Anyway, the only thing I found was below (I deleted the username for of the person posting for privacy).

[modsnip]

Probably not what you were hoping for.

If anyone is interested, the link is
http://rs.peoplebrowsr.com/

I apologize if this is all old news to you.

Hi Knox! :seeya: Beats me, but I am glad we don't allow it here! :rocker:

:loveyou: Long time, no see Nursie!

WS has a reputation for being Victim Friendly, and that includes folks who would otherwise be peripheral casualties in cases like this. Thanks Mods for all you do! I'll try not to add to your workload
icon7.gif

I suppose the drama for some people is like watching soap operas used to be for some people. Especially if your own life is boring. But for the most part, IMO, SM has made it very easy for people to post things without thinking first. A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away...) we wrote letters. Then had to put them in an envelope, address them, then add postage (gasp! you had to pay to communicate in the written form over distances) then go put it in a mailbox. That's a lot of steps to think about before you actually send that letter. The other two choices were the telephone, where you just talked to one individual at a time, or face to face. Given that any of these three methods left you with only one to maybe 20 (if you were in a large group face to face) people who heard or read what you were saying, it could stop there. Now, however, when you post something to SM, how many millions of people can get in on the act? Even if you think better of what you just posted, too late! The whole world can now weigh in on what you just wrote. And maybe misinterpret words that were not carefully thought out before being posted. And then some responders don't think before they post, either.

As an additional thought, why is WS here, after all? Don't we hope that something we do here will help someone else? Sometimes the drama elsewhere is just someone thinking that they are trying to help, and missing the mark. JMO.

It's those who appear to be desensitized to these tragedies... They drive me nuts. No manners, no class, no decency and absolutely no respect for those who are suffering.

I suppose the drama for some people is like watching soap operas used to be for some people. Especially if your own life is boring. But for the most part, IMO, SM has made it very easy for people to post things without thinking first. A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away...) we wrote letters. Then had to put them in an envelope, address them, then add postage (gasp! you had to pay to communicate in the written form over distances) then go put it in a mailbox. That's a lot of steps to think about before you actually send that letter. The other two choices were the telephone, where you just talked to one individual at a time, or face to face. Given that any of these three methods left you with only one to maybe 20 (if you were in a large group face to face) people who heard or read what you were saying, it could stop there. Now, however, when you post something to SM, how many millions of people can get in on the act? Even if you think better of what you just posted, too late! The whole world can now weigh in on what you just wrote. And maybe misinterpret words that were not carefully thought out before being posted. And then some responders don't think before they post, either.

As an additional thought, why is WS here, after all? Don't we hope that something we do here will help someone else? Sometimes the drama elsewhere is just someone thinking that they are trying to help, and missing the mark. JMO.

amen!:loveyou:

Today, Heather's family made a very courageous decision by leaving things up. This may be what's needed to find whoever may be responsible for her disappearance and to finally bring her home.

Sometimes it's the people that post that are in some way associated with the case itself…..Take for instance Missing Jessica Heeringa from Norton Shores, Michigan.Jessica went missing on April 26th from the Exxon gas station where she worked. One of her co-workers that was not working that night,(who happened to be in the area) saw a vehicle behind the store, turned her own vehicle back around, and just watched. Did nothing but watch. Did not check on Jessica to see if she was ok. This co-worker later gave an eye witness account about the vehicle, but it caused drama on the Facebook page.
So far nobody has been able to locate Jessica, the Towne and Country Mini van or the sketch of the person driving it.
There are lots of reasons why there is drama or believability or unbelievability of things that transpire in missing persons cases.
IMOO.

I feel as though maybe LE should be searching "indoors" rather than outdoors, if they have not already. Guess they'd need a warrant for that.. poor Heather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman