SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. Analayze me first. I have plenty of drama going on in my own family life right now and a full time job to keep up with. I don't have time for this, yet I'm obsessed lol. Perhaps it is an escape. And I love research. And mysteries.

I think you may have misunderstood my post, lol. But due to TOS, I cannot be more specific, KWIM?

I've been a member here for several years, I don't consider myself to be "into" drama. But on a few cases in the past, I have questioned whether I need to be posting or not, and took a break from WS. If you've been here any length of time, you know zactly what I'm sayin'.

If someone is good at mapping, can you do one of the areas that have been previously searched please? I think it's time we get our minds back to looking for Heather.

I suppose the drama for some people is like watching soap operas used to be for some people. Especially if your own life is boring. But for the most part, IMO, SM has made it very easy for people to post things without thinking first. A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away...) we wrote letters. Then had to put them in an envelope, address them, then add postage (gasp! you had to pay to communicate in the written form over distances) then go put it in a mailbox. That's a lot of steps to think about before you actually send that letter. The other two choices were the telephone, where you just talked to one individual at a time, or face to face. Given that any of these three methods left you with only one to maybe 20 (if you were in a large group face to face) people who heard or read what you were saying, it could stop there. Now, however, when you post something to SM, how many millions of people can get in on the act? Even if you think better of what you just posted, too late! The whole world can now weigh in on what you just wrote. And maybe misinterpret words that were not carefully thought out before being posted. And then some responders don't think before they post, either.

As an additional thought, why is WS here, after all? Don't we hope that something we do here will help someone else? Sometimes the drama elsewhere is just someone thinking that they are trying to help, and missing the mark. JMO.

It's those who appear to be desensitized to these tragedies... They drive me nuts. No manners, no class, no decency and absolutely no respect for those who are suffering.

Good posts
icon14.gif

What's the psychology behind all the drama in these missing person's cases?

How in such serious and life changing matters, people can be so ... (adjective is escaping me). It almost seems like they view it as entertainment. Primarily speaking about what transpires on Missing Facebook Pages.

And the pages always devolve into such a sad mess. No matter the topic, it always sinks to the lowest common denominator.

O/T NATIONWIDE AMBER ALERT.....Andrea Britt mentally ill kidnapped her 6 year old son Daniel.... Rhode Island Red Ford Focus. LE thinks Daniel is in GRAVE DANGER from his mom!

If someone is good at mapping, can you do one of the areas that have been previously searched please? I think it's time we get our minds back to looking for Heather.
What kind of map do you want? And which area?

Yes another first post from a mouse who has watched for about 2 years. Just wanted to say thanks for the lesson on what you can and can't do in one link. The mod sure do have the patience of saints. ***back to my corner**

I admire Mr. Elvis for letting things unfold on the FHEF page, hopefully all the drama will help bring Heather home. But I was wondering if this creates an issue of liabilty for defamation or libel considering it was made known that the page admins are leaving the original post and reading along as events unfold ? Or if leaving the post adds fuel to the fire and someone takes matters into their own hands and trespasses or causes an altercation ? Am only asking because I fear their desire to let the drama continue hoping it will lead to Heather, will cause them more heartache ?

I just got off of google earth and did a 'flyover' the area around the Peachtree Boat Landing. It is incredible how much wooded undeveloped land there is. For instance, west of the landing it looks like very dense woods. I did notice that there are many little dead end roads where access to those woods would be possible. I hope LE has some insider information to narrow down search areas. This is a vast area.

I wonder if she had just moved into the condo in the beginning of December when she listed her roomie as her "relationship". Just thinking out loud

Listing her roomie as her 'relationship' was just a joke...something a lot of kids/young adults her age do.

I don't have the link, but it was linked in a previous thread that HE's father said she had just moved into her new apartment on December 4th or 5th.

Also, Hatfield, I think thread #7 is being moderated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. Heather moved into the condo around Dec. 4th or 5th.

reminder: it doesn't matter where the un-redacted police report is posted... we are not allowing discussion of redacted material from the police report here.

In this particular article, it is interesting they note these times to look out for:

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/12/heather-elvis-young-woman-missing-from.html

"The family is asking for anyone who was at Peachtree landing from 10pm Tuesday December 17th thru 6am Wednesday morning December 18th to please contact us, you may have seen something and not even know it and we could use the help in filling in holes for this time line."

I admire Mr. Elvis for letting things unfold on the FHEF page, hopefully all the drama will help bring Heather home. But I was wondering if this creates an issue of liabilty for defamation or libel considering it was made known that the page admins are leaving the original post and reading along as events unfold ? Or if leaving the post adds fuel to the fire and someone takes matters into their own hands and trespasses or causes an altercation ? Am only asking because I fear their desire to let the drama continue hoping it will lead to Heather, will cause them more heartache ?

The worst heartache is the loss of their daughter. I'm sure they can deal with everything else if they can find Heather. When you love your child as they do, there is nothing they can't forgive.

In this particular article, it is interesting they note these times to look out for:

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/12/heather-elvis-young-woman-missing-from.html

"The family is asking for anyone who was at Peachtree landing from 10pm Tuesday December 17th thru 6am Wednesday morning December 18th to please contact us, you may have seen something and not even know it and we could use the help in filling in holes for this time line."

It is interesting, considering HE was allegedly still on her date at 10pm on Tuesday December 17th.

I was a moderator on a political blog a few years back. The opinions expressed don't rise to defamation because the mods here on WS are Very quick to monitor and edit/delete ones that may hit that mark. Libel requires intent to defame - I commend the mods here again are spot on those comments. MOO

The worst heartache is the loss of their daughter. I'm sure they can deal with everything else if they can find Heather. When you love your child as they do, there is nothing they can't forgive.

I agree, and did not mean to imply otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487