SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cut this from this link....http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/17/3965351/gov-haley-confirms-she-has-helped.html

Haley was in town Friday as a guest speaker at the Chicora Rotary club meeting, and made the comments at a press briefing after the meeting. She said it is atypical for a governor to get involved in a missing person’s case, and did not elaborate on what help she provided.

“We try and avoid direct contact because there are so many missing people in South Carolina,” Haley said. “This family, in particular, raised quite a few concerns and needed some extra attention, and so we did finally get to talk to them and make sure that their concerns were put to rest. We did everything we can to help them so they feel confident through this process.”

Haley said she did not foresee needing to get involved in future searches.

“We are very blessed to have Chief [Mark] Keel with SLED and what we do is we give all the support to the sheriff’s department when we need to, and when they tell us that they need additional support, we give it,” she said.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ey-confirms-she-has-helped.html#storylink=cpy

I bolded the key words (that stood out to me) she said today. From those I gather that the family needed some validation that LE was doing all they could and I also think that the state was not asked for additional help. Just my opinion.

A lot of times there's an issue with the Thanks button, it's like we press it so much it stops working :) Maybe you have to refresh the page, and try again.

lol!

I just tried to thank you for this post, but my button didn't work!
Are our 'thanks' being rationed?

I thought he was missing from Georgetown, SC. However those copters were right over where Heather is missing.

Thank you. You were right that he actually went missing near Georgetwon SC, and he was from NC which got me confused. I updated my post to say SC.

There must be 2 Georgetowns with one in NC and one in SC. :floorlaugh:

More specifically, it sounds like they are looking for him near "Goat Island".
From the article link previously posted:

"“Goat Island is being searched by boat and aircraft with the intentions of locating Mr. Sullivan,” "

Does decomp release heat?

I googled it. I couldn't come up with anything. God forbid anyone ever check my google history.

I know it is a very morbid question and I'm sorry I need to ask it.

I don't know the decomp answer but I am cracking up about your google history comment.

I just told a friend yesterday that if anything ever happened to me and someone found my phone, who knows what they'd think based on my search history, notes I've taken, and saved screenshots from sleuthing cases here

I don't know the decomp answer but I am cracking up about your google history comment.

I just told a friend yesterday that if anything ever happened to me and someone found my phone, who knows what they'd think based on my search history, notes I've taken, and saved screenshots from sleuthing cases here

I agree so much! I've never thought about my screen shots!

lol!

I just tried to thank you for this post, but my button didn't work!
Are our 'thanks' being rationed?

When this happens do you get the sort-of annoyed sounding "bah-ding" sound and the ominous exclamation triangle in a very small pop-up box?

For the record, I think our "thanks" are definitely being rationed, and I take umbrage at that because there are so many posters that I want to thank!!!

"Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. on Dec. 17, when she called a family member to talk about how a date she was on had gone well, her family said. She was reported missing two days later when her car was found at a boat ramp about 8 miles from her home, police have said."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ey-confirms-she-has-helped.html#storylink=cpy

Again with the discrepancies. Why are there so many variations of when she went missing? Why so many variations of who the last communication was with? I thought it was the roommate who was the one she called to discuss the date with?

Frustrated and confused, once again! (Not really, but when it's a month into a young, beautiful child being missing and media STILL can't get the basic facts correct, it's ANNOYING!)

P.S. I say basic facts because we know HE picked up her mail on Dec.17 and then went on a date. It's fairly safe to say she did those things AFTER 3am!!! IMO!

I live here and in my opinion I highly doubt the SLED copters were over the Socastee area because of Nikki Haley or because of the missing boater. The missing boater is too far south for them to be flying in the PT landing area. I'm not sure what they were doing but it may very well be related to HE. Maybe the Gov. asked them to do some searching today since she was in the area. MOO

At the risk of saying something wrong...I can pretty much say with certainty the helicopters were being used in search for Heather today.

[modsnip]

Other than that, I've done a timeline and I've stated my theory (waaaay before the report came out), but I can't state it again because now it will look like I am talking about a police report...so, until something breaks in the case, there really isn't much to say.

I promise to try to be a good boy....

Attachments

• boy punished.jpg
    boy punished.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 33

I googled it. I couldn't come up with anything. God forbid anyone ever check my google history.

SLED is sonar/ultrasonic waves. It doesn't work on heat sync. That's what I have learned in a recent search in my area.

At the risk of saying something wrong...I can pretty much say with certainty the helicopters were being used in search for Heather today.

[modsnip]

Other than that, I've done a timeline and I've stated my theory, but I can't state it again because now it will look like I am talking about a police report...so, until something breaks in the case, there really isn't much to say.

The Governor did mention in her Rotary appearance today that she met with the family and had assisted in the search for HE

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/17/3965351/gov-haley-confirms-she-has-helped.html sorry for the repeated link....

SLED is sonar/ultrasonic waves. It doesn't work on heat sync. That's what I have learned in a recent search in my area.

Thank you!

That is why I was asking. Also thanks to the response above that it does release heat :)

I googled it after reading your post, and found an interesting article, but it didn't say anything about production of heat....

The only decomposition that I found produces heat is in composting.

"Elvis was last heard from around 3 a.m. on Dec. 17, when she called a family member to talk about how a date she was on had gone well, her family said. She was reported missing two days later when her car was found at a boat ramp about 8 miles from her home, police have said."

Again with the discrepancies. Why are there so many variations of when she went missing? Why so many variations of who the last communication was with? I thought it was the roommate who was the one she called to discuss the date with?

Frustrated and confused, once again! (Not really, but when it's a month into a young, beautiful child being missing and media STILL can't get the basic facts correct, it's ANNOYING!)

P.S. I say basic facts because we know HE picked up her mail on Dec.17 and then went on a date. It's fairly safe to say she did those things AFTER 3am!!! IMO!

These discrepancies surface in every case...media gets things wrong far too often and seldom bother to correct them.

I grew up down there, so I understand a lot of the lingo, and sadly, don't even need to read the subtitles on Myrtle Manor. :blushing:

lol!
I watched my second episode today. The older ladies make the funniest comments.
Earlier I posted that Heather tweeted that there's nothing to learn from watching Myrtle Manor.
After watching a second show, I wholeheartedly DISAGREE.

Oh, and randomly, I ran across the title of a new show called, Party Down South (I think) on CMT. The show is an hour long but only had fifteen minutes remaining when I noticed it. The setting is in a South Carolina beach town and the f word is used in place of 'the' and the 'kids' were drunk.
It was episode one of season one that aired yesterday afaik. Lord held us!

I didn't see this posted but I've been skimming to catch up...

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

It seems to answer a couple things...

i.e. The phone was going to voicemail the whole hour TE was trying to call after going to the car, not as we originally thought it went to voicemail after an hour...

Very in depth "timeline" from TE's view, with a lot of personal stories, etc. Heartbreaking but a 'must read' for this case.

TE is an amazing writer, IMO...and father.

A couple of these recent posts have me busting up laughing. If I "Thanked" it then there's a good chance it was one of yours. I usually Thank for info, it was amusing, or because I agree with what the person said. Kinda like a Like Button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member