SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what device?

I have to type in findheatherelvis to the search box each time. idk why.

PS I'm using a Droid... ooh nvm I forgot every post tells you that. lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have to type in findheatherelvis to the search box each time. idk why.

PS I'm using a Droid... ooh nvm I forgot every post tells you that. lol

I tried typing it in every which way...says no results...going blind following the page. So hard to find any new posts. Oh well.

I have to disagree. Of course, I may be wrong, the media may have broken into the LE's offices and stole the report. In which case, I stand corrected and the media was wrong.

I've never heard whether the media got the report without FOIA. If they didn't, it is likely they would have had an unredacted report. No, I believe one of two things happened, (1.) the media requested it - either citing FOIA or not - and got a redacted copy or (2.) someone in the media had an insider in LE and got the report (but if that were the case would it have been redacted?). Both are the fault of LE.

I'm not going to go into the technical details of why that report was improperly redacted by LE. But nonetheless, it is LE's fault for careless handling of sensitive information. If this were a federal employee who carelessly handled a document like this they would either be fired or the remainder of their career in very serious doubt.

Is the media blameless? Certainly not. If LE redacted the info, they did it for a very good reason and the media ignored that fact. But in the world of the media it is the reporter's job to get the facts and get them before anyone else in the media does so. To defend this is sometimes difficult, but to ignore the nature of this beast is foolish.

If someone tries feeding a hungry tiger by handing a piece of meat into the cage and then gets their arm mangled, I feel sorry for them, but they should have known the nature of the beast they were dealing with. LE handed the beast (media) an improperly redacted document in this case. The media was wrong, but so was LE for improper document security.

Of course, there is an alternative theory: LE KNEW the document was improperly redacted. And the media - always searching for the facts - went after it. In which case, LE was not so foolish, but crafty. And we all got used in the effort to shake the tree and see what falls out.

BBM: of course the LE wanted to have the info there because the named party has not cooperated with LE. So now, if he/she doesn't like what has been released (sort of) in a report then they have to contact an attorney. This then opens them up to formalized questioning by the law. It puts the "elephant in the room" and now it's like CHECKMATE!

Smart strategy by LE if you ask me---when someone hasn't been cooperating. It basically puts the "ball back in their court" to make the next move if they don't like what they read or hear.

moo & purely conjectured hypothisis :seeya:

Morning All, and and thanks for the donuts this morning to our mods. Yummy!

I have taken the popcicle sticks off of my fingers this morning, however, I'm keeping them (along with the tape) close. :blushing:

I hope & pray today will be the day they find Heather.

If LE released the names on purpose, and the people obtained lawyers, talking to them will be much more difficult, not easier, IMO. I do not know if this was a blunder or strategy, but not sure it worked in LE's favor in any case. Guess we will have to wait and see. If they were already investigating certain people, it could be harmful IMO.

Public awareness seems to be the goal and releasing police info ,imo was a scripted action "to shake the tree". So creating more SM sites and urging more "hits" from supporters keeps "the train moving"..

Amen to that, Cat!

:seeya:

BBM: of course the LE wanted to have the info there because the named party has not cooperated with LE. So now, if he/she doesn't like what has been released (sort of) in a report then they have to contact an attorney. This then opens them up to formalized questioning by the law. It puts the "elephant in the room" and now it's like CHECKMATE!

Smart strategy by LE if you ask me---when someone hasn't been cooperating. It basically puts the "ball back in their court" to make the next move if they don't like what they read or hear.

moo & purely conjectured hypothisis :seeya:

I guess I just get on a rant when I see documents that are not handled properly. After all, if this was you or I's info - SSN, DOB, etc - and someone let it out, we'd naturally be irate at anyone who tried use that info illegally. But we'd also be angry at who let it get out to start with.

But, yes, you're right...it is the "elephant in the room."

In 2011, I was the victim of a car accident caused by an unlicensed, intoxicated driver. Long story short, the police in my town erred HUGELY on the side of caution (er...there are other words I could put here) & would not give me a copy of the police report. I filed a FOIA at the station & my request was denied. They refused to even provide me with a redacted copy of the report. I had to file at the state level & petition the FOIA denial before I was - FINALLY (probably three months after the accident) - allowed to have a copy of my own accident report! It was ridiculous and infuriating.

So, I really do wonder if 'accidentally' releasing the unredacted police report was an 'accident' at all. I see it as a pretty crafty move on the part of LE.

JMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried typing it in every which way...says no results...going blind following the page. So hard to find any new posts. Oh well.

When you are in the findheatherelvis page in your ipad, under "Write Post"/"Photo" there is a white long rectangle box with gray letters that say, "Recent Posts by Others." Tap on the arrow and there are all the posts.

If LE released the names on purpose, and the people obtained lawyers, talking to them will be much more difficult, not easier, IMO. I do not know if this was a blunder or strategy, but not sure it worked in LE's favor in any case. Guess we will have to wait and see. If they were already investigating certain people, it could be harmful IMO.

An additional reason to release the report could be to "name" the individuals so that that named persons friends, family, coworkers or associates might come forward with tips or information.

I think LE main objectives are to recover Heather and secure evidence for a trial and conviction. If a friend or associates memory is jogged it may lead them to recover Heather. It would be helpful to know the named persons habits, routines, and activities. Someone out there may have information they dont know is relevant until prompted by for example by the released the police report. It gets people talking.

JMO

I know they are searching this morning, I just hope we don't have a searcher that goes rambo. Emotions are running high, along with frustration and exhaustion. This is abusive to the searchers and the family and I pray today is that justice begins.

From researching missing persons cases. The usual ones that grow cold are the ones where the antiquated silent investigative strategy, from the 1970s, is adhered too. The American public is a very valuable investigative resource.
With internet SM/communications, and other technology upgrades; dna, forensics, etc., hold back info/evidence by investigators are less critical today than in the past, imo.

Silence & misinformation by LE via MS media/SM only causes more innocent victim's lives lost & mounting cold cases, imo.. Hold back info does no good stored in a cold case file for years or decades, imo.

There is a minimum of 8 unsolved missing/murdered persons cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC since 2005.. Imo, this is a tragically high number of unsolved cases and is an indictment of the present strategy being used in SC...

TN/TBI is one of the few remaining LEAs that utilizes the antiquated Silent investigative strategy: The motto of the TBI is, "That guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer".

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/28/americas-silent-disaster/?partner=RSS

'America's silent disaster:' Mysteries of the missing
FBI: More than 1,100 'active' missing-persons cases in Tennessee; exact number unknown..
By Jim Balloch

With the police report....Is it correct that..there's been no MSM article about it, and it was not mentioned on the page until DR posted what so-and-so had wrote on her own FB page? It's interesting that that certain circumstances had to happen before the people on there found about it (unless they read WS).

Is there any chance that someone leaked it and wasn't suppose to? It's odd that the media isn't talking about it.

I disagree. we don't have baby ayla, but we know her father killed her. we didn't have Hailey Dunn for a long time, but we knew who killed her. we didn't have Elaina for months, but we knew who killed her.... shall I go on? (please say no, I'm on my phone lol)

I'm not familiar with those cases but my question is "How did you know the father did it in the first case mentioned?" I'm guessing it was more evidence than what has been released in this case and that is my point.
BTW I didn't say a body was imperative to have to prove a crime was committed but the forensics from the body (assuming death) sometimes leads directly to the perp.
Evidence in this case is all circumstantial ( what has been released). I have confidence in the local LE to be able to link everything together to build a strong case and deliver it to the DA when the time comes.

The new 31 extension has stood out to me from the beginning. I was informed by an insider that this area has already been searched. I even went there early on myself and walked a good mile of it myself. I got a really weird feeling when I was there too IMO. Very quiet and open.

This past week, I studied the map surrounding 31 some more and took interest in another area close by that intrigued me. It's the area and clearing section at the end of Jones Rd..

I've been down that road twice since HE's disappearance but, not the whole way. One of the reasons being that there is a "No Outlet" sign not too far down Jones Rd., so I turned around right away. After looking at the map a bit closer, I could see that Jones Rd. goes way back and even dead ends at the new 31. And, there's a dirt road that leads to a huge clearing with what some construction activity.

So, curious me drove back there this past Friday with my Son. I could only get as far as the first sandy dirt road before there was a cable blocking the longer road that leads back to the clearing area. So, we both got out of my truck and trekked the rest of the way.

Very sketchy from the get go. Lots of trash, shotgun shells, construction debris, tire tracks, fire pits, mattresses, and even came across a women's bra/swimsuit top! Lots of off-shoot trails that looked like they were used for dirt bikes and ATVs. Plus, we saw a nice sized fox not too far in the distance running away when it heard us coming.

I wasn't sure what to expect when we got there but, got a sense that this area was well known to the locals (in that area) and was used as a party/hang-out spot. It was very secluded and quiet.

On our way out, we saw a younger man on an ATV and we both waved at each other.

I really think that this area would be well worth a thorough search.

Only one way in and out too from 544!

2me2440.jpg

17vn7r.jpg

30az6f5.jpg

16gbghs.jpg

2rzus1z.jpg

2wrks3k.jpg

15dkxfd.jpg

2qu40oi.jpg

With the police report....Is it correct that..there's been no MSM article about it, and it was not mentioned on the page until DR posted what so-and-so had wrote on her own FB page? It's interesting that that certain circumstances had to happen before the people on there found about it (unless they read WS).

Is there any chance that someone leaked it and wasn't suppose to? It's odd that the media isn't talking about it.

If I remember correctly, the police report was posted online Wednesday (?) and it was reportedly printed in news media briefly, without the redactions. And then it was removed. And never mentioned by media, or LE. Is this correct?

Places like parks that are isolated are pretty popular for this type of thing I think. There's a park near me where I take the dog to run around, and my friend and I non-so-affectionately, but very appropriately, call it the sex park for men. It's like a freaking parade watching cars come in, two by two, drive to the back/out of the way spot, stay for half hour, then leave at the same time. Almost exclusively all men. What I just said has absolutely nothing to do with this case, but I do think people find their favorite isolated spots like this.

Parks do make sense, quick and easy. Or if you live in a more metro location. But if you live where there are roads that go to no where/dead end, dense woods you might make those "special places" more out of the way[modsnip].

In 2011, I was the victim of a car accident caused by an unlicensed, intoxicated driver. Long story short, the police in my town erred HUGELY on the side of caution (er...there are other words I could put here) & would not give me a copy of the police report. I filed a FOIA at the station & my request was denied. They refused to even provide me with a redacted copy of the report. I had to file at the state level & petition the FOIA denial before I was - FINALLY (probably three months after the accident) - allowed to have a copy of my own accident report! It was ridiculous and infuriating.

So, I really do wonder if 'accidentally' releasing the unredacted police report was an 'accident' at all. I see it as a pretty crafty move on the part of LE.

JMO MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I for one, can not believe the local LE released that report in the form that they did as a mistake.. not for one iota,jmo

I'm not familiar with those cases but my question is "How did you know the father did it in the first case mentioned?" I'm guessing it was more evidence than what has been released in this case and that is my point.
BTW I didn't say a body was imperative to have to prove a crime was committed but the forensics from the body (assuming death) sometimes leads directly to the perp.
Evidence in this case is all circumstantial ( what has been released). I have confidence in the local LE to be able to link everything together to build a strong case and deliver it to the DA when the time comes.

I agree with you, in reading my post I decided it could appear that I don't, so want that clear.

Ayla's blood was found all over her fathers room only weeks after he purchased a life insurance policy for her, but not his other child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member