SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an effort to try and understand what we can talk about on Facebook, can you clarify because I am still confused. I took this from the first pg of this thread

"Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)"

**so why are we not allowed to paraphrase from Facebook pages, as long as we post a link, if it says so above? I feel like its obvious and I have had a long day and am just not seeing it.

In the cases precious, I was told, on the find the person sites, you could discuss only want the creator of the site wrote. Can you help me out? Thx.

In this particular case, and I know this is difficult, redacted information has been released without law enforcement's okay. Websleuths does not participate in circumvention of law enforcement information. The redacted information is all over the facebook pages and it cannot be discussed or paraphrased here. Websleuths will not allow the information until LE releases it and it is printed legitimately by MSM.

We are a law enforcement (LE) and victim friendly site. The victim, in this case, Heather, is our first priority. Everything else takes a back seat. So Websleuths won't participate until LE gives us the info.

Now... this in no way means that we disagree with what is happening on facebook. The facebook is run by the family. They have direct access to LE and they have to do everything they can, to the very best of their ability to bring Heather home. We support the family's efforts but we have to run our site according to our ToS.

Salem

In this particular case, and I know this is difficult, redacted information has been released without law enforcement's okay. Websleuths does not participate in circumvention of law enforcement information. The redacted information is all over the facebook pages and it cannot be discussed or paraphrased here. Websleuths will not allow the information until LE releases it and it is printed legitimately by MSM.

We are a law enforcement (LE) and victim friendly site. The victim, in this case, Heather, is our first priority. Everything else takes a back seat. So Websleuths won't participate until LE gives us the info.

Now... this in no way means that we disagree with what is happening on facebook. The facebook is run by the family. They have direct access to LE and they have to do everything they can, to the very best of their ability to bring Heather home. We support the family's efforts but we have to run our site according to our ToS.

Salem

Oh, my bad. I of course meant excluding the redacted info and not naming names of possible suspects. Other than that. You answered me above, while I was sending this, so I think I am good. Unless you have anything else to add.

Public awareness seems to be the goal and releasing police info ,imo was a scripted action "to shake the tree". So creating more SM sites and urging more "hits" from supporters keeps "the train moving"..

The media could also have gotten the report using foia and were irresponsible!!!!! They have since redacted the parts they should have from the start

Would it be so hard for FB to lists posts and replies in chronological order instead of all jumbled up? No matter what option I use, 'top comments' or 'recent activity' everything is all jumbled together. grrrr

I discovered yesterday that using the FB app on my phone does this! hubby was lol at me, I had one eye on my phone and one eye on here. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

evidence? evidence is a body...you have to prove a crime took place first and foremost before you have a POI. LE is putting their ducks in order, interviewing people (statements that will either support or contradict a POI), physical evidence must be collected and analyzed....and having proof a crime took place.. witness to the crime either directly or indirectly and having a body helps.?

I disagree. we don't have baby ayla, but we know her father killed her. we didn't have Hailey Dunn for a long time, but we knew who killed her. we didn't have Elaina for months, but we knew who killed her.... shall I go on? (please say no, I'm on my phone lol)

The media could also have gotten the report using foia and were irresponsible!!!!! They have since redacted the parts they should have from the start

I have to disagree. Of course, I may be wrong, the media may have broken into the LE's offices and stole the report. In which case, I stand corrected and the media was wrong.

I've never heard whether the media got the report without FOIA. If they didn't, it is likely they would have had an unredacted report. No, I believe one of two things happened, (1.) the media requested it - either citing FOIA or not - and got a redacted copy or (2.) someone in the media had an insider in LE and got the report (but if that were the case would it have been redacted?). Both are the fault of LE.

I'm not going to go into the technical details of why that report was improperly redacted by LE. But nonetheless, it is LE's fault for careless handling of sensitive information. If this were a federal employee who carelessly handled a document like this they would either be fired or the remainder of their career in very serious doubt.

Is the media blameless? Certainly not. If LE redacted the info, they did it for a very good reason and the media ignored that fact. But in the world of the media it is the reporter's job to get the facts and get them before anyone else in the media does so. To defend this is sometimes difficult, but to ignore the nature of this beast is foolish.

If someone tries feeding a hungry tiger by handing a piece of meat into the cage and then gets their arm mangled, I feel sorry for them, but they should have known the nature of the beast they were dealing with. LE handed the beast (media) an improperly redacted document in this case. The media was wrong, but so was LE for improper document security.

Of course, there is an alternative theory: LE KNEW the document was improperly redacted. And the media - always searching for the facts - went after it. In which case, LE was not so foolish, but crafty. And we all got used in the effort to shake the tree and see what falls out.

I downloaded FB app last night but cannot find the FHE page on it...:( only on my regular FB.

Thanks. You can pop my post back in. Thanks. I just asked below because I was confused. Thanks for clarifying. I was told differently before and we were allowed to discuss posts made by the author of the page, but only that author. Clearly that is very different than this because in that situation a lot of talking occurred where here it's not allowed. However; the cases were very different, but as a newer poster it's hard to know the rules.

I've been reading here for over a year and still find myself confused often. if it helps, just go along with a case and figure the rules for each case, they are similar but different, I've found. good luck ;)

ok, weird... i just read a response to my post,opened another page to map that response vs what i saw on search area, came back and that entire response is gone. what's that about?

Has anyone found evidence of the RSO RM being involved in cosmetology?

Can someone remind me where Heather took this course, and precisely when?

They are searching in about 30 minutes. Going to see if I can find this on map. Sounds hard to find. Any locals know where this is?
https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

If you follow 31 down to 544 it basically dead ends where it connects to 544. It will eventually go further south. At this time some of the area is cleared down the middle to prepare for the future development of 31 but there are also woods on each side.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member