SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, the police report was posted online Wednesday (?) and it was reportedly printed in news media briefly, without the redactions. And then it was removed. And never mentioned by media, or LE. Is this correct?

Oddly the media, could have redacted more info from that report and then released it if they felt liability issues would come about from it's release.
So strange for a paper not to pounce on it....that would never happen in my neck of the woods.

If LE released the names on purpose, and the people obtained lawyers, talking to them will be much more difficult, not easier, IMO. I do not know if this was a blunder or strategy, but not sure it worked in LE's favor in any case. Guess we will have to wait and see. If they were already investigating certain people, it could be harmful IMO.

Sometimes the pressure doesn't need to come from LE.

PeterThomasFan....WOW

In the last picture, was that a pair of women's underwear or swimsuit bottom??

IMO. The report was released to a targeted audience based on the circulation for myhorrynews. Myhorrynews is a small, local paper. If they obtained the report via FOIA, you can bet, the report would of been mentioned in the other local MSM that same day. The report was released on 1/14, I have yet to see it mentioned in other MSM.

Also, regarding the unredacted addresses, DOB, etc.. these days ,all anyone needs is Google and a name to have all that information and more. I did not see the SSNs listed on the report, perhaps I missed it. If the SSNs were on the report , that was sloppy redacting. IF the SSNs are not on the report, I feel certain all the information on the unredacted report was made public for a reason

IMO. The report was released to a targeted audience based on the circulation for myhorrynews. Myhorrynews is a small, local paper. If they obtained the report via FOIA, you can bet, the report would of been mentioned in the other local MSM that same day. The report was released on 1/14, I have yet to see it mentioned in other MSM.

Also, regarding the unredacted addresses, DOB, etc.. these days ,all anyone needs is Google and a name to have all that information and more. I did not see the SSNs listed on the report, perhaps I missed it. If the SSNs were on the report , that was sloppy redacting. IF the SSNs are not on the report, I feel certain all the information on the unredacted report was made public for a reason

I do not believe the SSN# were on it, I remember looking at it to be sure because I thought that would have been a HUGE mess up if they were released to the general public.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but where HE's car was found, that was a location she had been to before?
If it was, then that rules out, in my mind, a stranger abduction.

Interesting theory on the police report being intentionally but 'accidentally' released....I hadn't thought of that. I think it's entirely possible and actually makes sense. Whatever the reason, I hope it leads to more people coming forward with information and arrests.

While I still hold out hope that Heather is alive somewhere, I do feel that it is more likely that she was harmed by someone she knew. I will never understand why people do these things....how one person can actually believe that eliminating another person would eliminate a problem rather than make whatever problem they're having worse. I just don't get it. Heather is a beautiful young lady, loved dearly by so many. Whoever set out to harm her is an insecure coward...I hope he or she is caught, publically scorned and brutally punished.

The media could also have gotten the report using foia and were irresponsible!!!!! They have since redacted the parts they should have from the start

I'm playing catch up here on some posts, you're making a statement based on a presumption. Have you ever requested a document through FOIA? I have and you can get a redacted document for a number of reasons .In this case an ongoing investigation would be a cause to redact certain info. That being said I truly believe that this release was not due to incompetence but as "chum in the water". It went through too many hands to be a mistaken release and if it was, an apology would have been released by the LE and the papers. To my knowledge there was none..
btw If I'm coming off "strong " my apologies in advance

Type (Missing Heather Elvis) in the search box to get to the links fast. It works for me. Good morning Sleuths.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but where HE's car was found, that was a location she had been to before?
If it was, then that rules out, in my mind, a stranger abduction.

I agree, and I remember something being said by TE that PTL was a place that was known to the family but that he didn't believe she would go there in the wee hours of the morning. Realistically though, he may not know exactly what his adult daughter's every move was after she moved out of his home. Which is one of the scariest things about being a parent IMHO.

PeterThomasFan - you should let LE know about the swimsuit top you found. Though it's likely not related to Heather, there have been so many others missing that it could be related to someone else's case...

A top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeterThomasFan, thanx for sharing the photos and info in your prior comment. Absolutely a good area to search, imo. The spotting of the fox during daylight hours was also interesting. Foxes, although primarily nocturnal are also diurnal in certain circumstances. Foxes are scavengers, usually feeding at night. Did you notice where the fox came from?
Also did you notice signs of vehicles/atvs, etc, going around the cabled road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000