SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to cause such a ruckus! There wasn't anything odd about the picture at all, I simply posted it (not knowing that was a no no, sorry!) because it was a recent photo of HE and I had read a few posts where people said the photos being used of her were old and not a good reference for what she looks like now.

The reason for the funny crop was I thought it was okay to share so long as I blurred out non- case players. Of course I would be the one to not post anything for weeks after joining because of seeing so many people get their hands popped, and then I mess up my very first post ;)
It was in reference to a picture posted of HE late last night. Salem asked for it to be removed because it wasn't authorized by the family or directly sourced to HE (I believe it was an old FB photo). It was completely innocuous, a group shot cropped so it showed only Heather, but apparently someone thought it was odd. I looked at it very carefully and there was nothing amiss other than you couldn't really see where Heather's left arm was and the person in front of her had their head cut off :dunno:

ETA-Head cut off of THE PICTURE, just to be clear, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article is what I was referring to. He knew on scene something was wrong and called on scene and unlocked the door on scene. I don't know if it was confirmed on MSM about he driving it away, so I won't speak further about that.

I knew the article you were referring to :)
And I guess I'll say that this article is a lot more . . . thoughtful than the initial interviews.

I think this is TE writing his experience from his current perspective -- 30 days into his daughter still being missing vs. TE just answering an interviewer's questions early in this ordeal. This article is waaaaaaay more descriptive than any other article in every aspect.

I agree with your point if solely viewing it from TE's words in this writing.

:truce:
Not exactly.
Obstruction of Justice--A criminal offense that involves interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court.

So if it could be proven that someone's lie caused interference, through words or actions, with the proper operations of a court or officers of the court, then someone could be charged with Obstruction. A single lie could do it.

My point is the lie was reversed in a timely manner. If a person tells an officer, I did not speak to her and then says I did an hour later (keep in mind, we don't know when OM changed his story), that is not obstruction. Even if it was the next day, the whole case is not based on that phone call. If that was the case, do you know how many obstruction charges the police would issue on a weekly basis?

Possible, but too coincidental for me that she is already planning to head out at that hour AND gets a call from the married guy at same time...IMO the two have to be related.

I know, I know. I was just trying to think if there was another plausible explanation.
If she was stressed about OM phone call, it is plausible she could have gone in search of something to relax her.
That's my thought. I've got lots of other thoughts that go in a different direction.

I feel like we're overlooking something that's right in front of us...

okay so shtf while I was sleeping. It's cool. I read the article but ya'lls posts are tl;dr so if it's something super important or a new theory someone please tell me. :)

That said:

1) HI MICHAEL SMITH! I am convinced you are on here watching because well, I read your article. Thanks for finally giving us some MSM on that PR!

2) The article says: "Shiraldi said he doesn’t recall Elvis speaking with anyone via cell phone during their date other than her father, Terry Elvis, and Warrelmann.
“I don’t remember her receiving any calls unless someone called her and she just silenced it,” Shiraldi said. “I know she didn’t answer any phone calls.”" http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

So she did call BW during the date.

3) I will be altering my timeline and sending to ima asap. Gonna comb that article with a fine tooth first to make sure it's right. ETA: Just in case I'm going to give BW's calls an hour stretch b/c of the uncertainty over EST vs. CST.

4) "Ten posts were also made to Heather Elvis’ Tumblr page on Dec. 18, the night she disappeared, but the identity of who made the posts was unclear.
Tumblr is a microblogging and social networking website that allows users to post multimedia and other content in a blog format.
The 10 posts were time stamped between 1:53 a.m. and 2:09 a.m. Dec. 18, according to information on the site. Entries mainly consisted of various works of art and poetry.
The last visible activity to her Facebook page was on Dec. 13 when the site said her Facebook profile picture was changed. The last tweet that’s viewable on Twitter was dated Nov. 29."

Something about this makes me feel strangely vindicated!

5) I really don't think the "co-worker" is involved, which is a big change from what I used to think. But if the OM lied about talking to her... why? what else is he lying about? ESPECIALLY if he was already going to leave his wife and she knew of the affair. I call shenanigans!

6) For those theorizing someone else called and upset HE wouldn't she have told BW "OM's wife called?" :waitasec: I think she was upset because she had moved on, was overwhelmed b/c she was on a date, and needed BW to calm her down so she wouldn't muck up a promising relationship with SS.

Addressing your #5-we don't know if OMM really was going to leave wife or if he just told Heather that
AND we don't know how much OMM's wife knew at any given point.
Once PR came out she obviously knew something but prior to that we don't know how much she knew-or the timing of when she knew anything.
I've got thoughts on it--but in solely dealing with the info in the media-we don't know.

Perhaps the reason her car was parked at PTL is because the person who she was seeing had a jealous significant other who had a tendency to drive by the house on occasion while away in order to see if another woman's car was parked in the driveway and that parking the car at PTL was a precaution in response to a previous incident where her car was found at the aforementioned residence by the aforementioned bat s**t crazy significant other. As a paraphrase from a SM comment made: I have read that it wasn't the first time she parked at PTL and left her car there for a short period of time. And she was allegedly previously confronted in a threatening manner by a... uuh... "woman scorned"

As a loose and vaguely constructed theory, I keep the above in mind as a possible outcome being that she may have slept through the morning of the 18th and woken up to leave to see this person in the morning, being the timeframe as the optimal opportune time to do so while this SO is away at work or running errands... After all it was the middle of the week.

I really tried to make this post kosher for the thread but... I'm just going to go ahead and hit the send button and see if this post will get deleted... I Apologize in advance! :(

If Heather had had just one call or contact with married guy that night, I think I would feel more open-minded than I do, lol, about who is involved. But if, as it seems, they went back and forth for hours, it just seems so unlikely to me that this relationship is not the cause of her being missing.

JMO

flyer image removed by me.

The information on this flyer is wrong!

..missing after her car was discovered abandoned near Peachtree Landing along the Waccamaw River on 12/17/2013. Should say at Peachtree Landing and car was discovered on the 19th. And, what kind of car.

Plus, the top of flyer says $25.000.00 Reward and bottom says $30.000.00 :banghead:

I cannot believe that after a month this poster isn't displaying correct info.
I'm on TapaTalk and don't have those cute little guys but yes I'm banging my head against the wall!!

What's the difference between a reward and a bounty?

Reward is when as a result of your contribution to the case the missing person is found (I assume dead or alive) and the case is closed. Bounty is when a suspect is warranted for arrest and wanted to face trial and evades arrest, the bounty would go to the person/persons who are responsible for apprehending the suspect.

Lol I googled definition of "bounty" and found it is a payment to a person who brings in a criminal. So. Not really sure. Does TE want the criminal brought to him? That is where it is confusing to me.

Lol I googled definition of "bounty" and found it is a payment to a person who brings in a criminal. So. Not really sure. Does TE want the criminal brought to him? That is where it is confusing to me.

Sounds, in a way like employing someone similar to Dog the Bounty Hunter, perhaps?
IMOO.

A reward is $ for info solving the case usually, info that leads to an arrest and conviction and resolution of a case, usually.
A bounty is a price tag on someone's head.
At least that's how I interpret it.

"Bounty-
a monetary gift or reward, typically given by a government, in particular.
a sum paid for killing or capturing a person or animal.
plural noun: bounties
"there was an increased bounty on his head""

Aeronomy, if you were walking out of Target and the beeper goes off and security comes over and says, "Come with us. That stuff in your bag hasn't been paid for," would you just pull out your receipt because you know you haven't shoplifted, or would you fold your arms and say nothing/show nothing to prove it isn't true?

I don't know how relevant this would be to the case, but because you asked...my answer is neither. I'd probably start questioning them.

Not a lot can be proven with what happened on the 18th. We just look towards logic and the likelihood of a scenario unfolding a certain way. The main theory in most peoples minds before anyone knew that her phone was active at 6am on the 18th is that her car wound up at PTL most likely the early morning hours of the 18th (around 3,4,5AM... before sunrise). But now, IMO its an equally plausible possibility that she could have actually gone to bed that night and left for PTL sometime the day or night of the 18th. Keep in mind that her car wasn't discovered at PTL until the evening of the 19th. Now, I realize that it may be unlikely that she would have gone the morning or afternoon of the 18th without using her phone or anyone being in contact with her, but I keep in mind that according to what was told to MSM in the article I linked to in an earlier thread (I think the guy who took her out on the date) he said that she was tired when he dropped her off and that he couldn't imagine her leaving to PTL so late that same night.... I don't know. Her being around the day of the 18th seems like a stretch, but... I'm just thinking out loud I guess.

As more time passes, I am beginning to be more of the opinion that it is not much of a stretch at all that she went to bed that night and whatever happened occurred on the 18th.

That scenario is just as plausible as in one that something happened to her after her date dropped her off.

I've been lurking alot and have really been impressed with all of the people here and their knowledge, brainstorming and concern.

Sifting through the drama and in my opinion, of course, I am pretty firm in my belief that she knew the person that hurt her, if that is indeed what happened and that is a complete 180 from what I first thought. All of the stuff surrounding her SM adds up to a typical 20 year old woman, IMO. To me, she seems pretty normal to be honest.

As a new father, I really do hate it for TE and all that he is going through. I can't imagine anything happening to my kids. I think he is on the right path as to who may be responsible for this with the reward being up'ed and if he isn't then he sure is putting on the heat in the community.

I believe LE has an idea as to what might have happened as well and as some have mentioned here, but are doing their due diligence to form a case. Either way, I'm pretty sure that we will all know what happened that night sooner or later because TE will not stop until he finds Heather. He is on a mission and I think Heather is blessed to have a father like him.

On the other hand, depending on the dynamic between this man and his wife and how much she knew of the affair, it could be highly likely that she monitored his phone usage throughout the day. 2-6 AM? Probably a safer time, unless he had a burner phone she couldn't go through. JMO

"Nothing Good Happens After 2 A.M."

I love your quote! I grew up hearing this and yes, I say the same to my kids :)

Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post

Reward> Local Media coverage..
Bounty> National MS Media coverage

"Brilliant awareness strategy".. TE is a thinker, imo

I agree the family is doing everything in their power to find Heather and whoever is guilty. But it is such a random thing, as to whether missing (and murdered) victims are ever found. Without a confession, it seems if they are not located right away, it ends up being years, if ever. I so hope this is not the case. As with Mickey Shunick, although everything possible was done and LE was excellent, she still never would have been found if not for the killer's eventual confession. Same with Amber Dubois.

I've not seen rewards solve this type of case, but there is always a chance.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member