GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You’re so right! The telephone game for sure!

It’s funny to me how much can change between the 4pm news and the 11pm news. Everyone wants to be the FIRST to be reporting on a story that they move too fast and get the wrong info out there initially. You really gotta “stay tuned” for the full story. Which is exactly the point, I suppose! Well played:)

This is so true. I work for a weekly in a small town. It's amazing what my FIL brings home from the coffee shop & tells me about, even though I was at the scene & know exactly what happened.

One time we had a car chase involving a felon, known to likely be armed. The sirens hadn't even faded from the air before it was going around town that the guy was firing at officers (he didn't - never even brandished, gave up peacefully).

It's just the nature of instant news/information. The *telephone game* of our youth times a thousand.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I'm also confused. Are there two guys or just this tattoo guy? The two descriptions given were very different.

Tattoo guy is apparently somebody seen in the area not related to the crime and will be cleared.

I believe H's mama told LE the man who assaulted her was a skinny Hispanic guy in his mid 20's. If she didn't have a chance to get a real good look at him, then I can see why this guy would fit that description.

From the police affidavit, it doesn't appear she actually got a good look at the guy, as he attacked her from behind.

I was just reading the Daily Mail article. It mentioned some interesting things regarding his prior convictions. Do you think it’s inaccurate?

In the article I linked a suspect had not been named yet. It has been my experience that the DailyMail gets much of its materiel from other news organizations & in the process gets a lot of it mixed up.. However their ability to find photos is uncanny. jmo.

There are lot of hispanic people who look like that. Expand your horizons.

True story. 15 years ago my friend gave birth to a baby boy on my birthday. She was married to a white guy. Kid came out hispanic. I was like........ "Ummmmmm how did this happen?" She laughed and said, "Dude, I'm hispanic!" I had zero clue. I'm still surprised!

This situation is both the most nightmarish thing and the most miraculous thing all at the same time.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/those-who-helped-lead-heidi-todd-to-safety-hailed-as-heroes

This article gives more recognition to the railroad workers who called in their sighting of Thomas Evans in the parked vehicle.

The video also shows some footage of the area where the vehicle was parked.

I hadn't seen this article before, but my apologies if it's already been posted...

ETA: They've got Thomas Evans age incorrect though. Listed as 29, when he's 37. It's a good article, but little things like that bother me...

Yep -- they're tidy because they have only about 42 minutes to come to a reasonable/contrived (you pick!) conclusion. They are good stories, however, for the most part, and sometimes they are taken, with much liberty, from real life.

But in our situation here (and wonderfully, it has a good ending as long as mom gets back to 100% in mind and body) the 42 minutes can become 42 hours, days, months or years.

Yours is a thought-provoking post!

If we all only had Garcia’s super computer....

TLE looks a lot thinner in the face in the recent arrest photo than he did in the pics from 8 years ago. I can see that he might be described as 'skinny'.

Hopefully the attacker wasn't wearing gloves and there will be forensic evidence to place him in the T home. That article did say that TLE tried to use H's mom's debit card, so it seems at least one item was stolen, in addition to the kidnap of HT.

I think receiving stolen goods is not the same as theft, though? Receiving stolen goods implies to me that someone else stole something and passed it on/sold it to TLE. Maybe he got one of the cars from a criminal friend who'd already stolen it?

There are lot of hispanic people who look like that. Expand your horizons.

Yes that's true. I know many fair skinned hispanic people. However, "hispanic" would not normally enter my head if I saw a stranger with such fair skin. I wonder why it did for her.

Yes that's true. I know many fair skinned hispanic people. However, "hispanic" would not normally enter my head if I saw a stranger with such fair skin. I wonder why it did for her.
Maybe accent???

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_e9109fb6-1317-11e8-a3c2-7729707c9615.html[FONT=&amp]

"The man accused of abducting 4-year-old HT from her Charleston home was expected to appear Friday afternoon in Mississippi federal court.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thomas Lawton Evans, 37, is scheduled for an 1:30 p.m. hearing in Jackson, after which he will likely be taken to Charleston for an arraignment on his federal kidnapping charge, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement."

[/FONT]

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_e9109fb6-1317-11e8-a3c2-7729707c9615.html[FONT=&amp]

"The man accused of abducting 4-year-old HT from her Charleston home was expected to appear Friday afternoon in Mississippi federal court.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thomas Lawton Evans, 37, is scheduled for an 1:30 p.m. hearing in Jackson, after which he will likely be taken to Charleston for an arraignment on his federal kidnapping charge, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement."

[/FONT]

Whoa - what’s the murder charge for???

I've been away for a couple of days. Any info on the stolen cars that Evans took, I think I read one in SC and one in Georgia. Curious about how all that went down when he had H in tow.

I wonder if he murdered someone while stealing their car?

I wonder if the mom never was able to speak and did not give LE identification. Maybe neighbors did. That could be why they took a while coming out with identification and didn't do Amber alert. And they led us to believe the identification was from her so that tips would come in faster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back