Found Deceased SC - Jayden Morrison, 4, Little River, 24 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe it was in one of the news articles that the dogs were sent out around 7pm last night and as far as I know are still going in shifts.

Edit: Yep, found it. Also found an update on the WMBF article that Jayden has a twin brother with the same PJs, and they posted a picture of them:

View attachment 66306

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/27705131/missing-child-in-horry-county?clienttype=generic

The article also mentioned K-9 Units, as well as this bit on what they're asking of the community:

A twin brother makes this even sadder. He must be so lonely and afraid. Is it likely that both boys are autistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another pic of the pajamas from one of the other news sites.

6300264_G.jpg

All people with autism are different, but much of the time kiddos with core autism (non-verbal, with the stereotypical characteristics you think of) don't react to pain or temperature the same way other kids might. So while little J's body might be reacting to the cold, he may not feel it. Does that make sense? I'm holding out hope that he's out there somewhere. 4 year olds are small, he might be in a nook somewhere. We've seen it before!

All people with autism are different, but much of the time kiddos with core autism (non-verbal, with the stereotypical characteristics you think of) don't react to pain or temperature the same way other kids might. So while little J's body might be reacting to the cold, he may not feel it. Does that make sense? I'm holding out hope that he's out there somewhere. 4 year olds are small, he might be in a nook somewhere. We've seen it before!

Additionally, he's from NY. When I moved from NY to the Carolinas I could withstand the cold temps because I was accustomed to them and my blood hadn't thinned yet. It took like a year for that to happen.

I was thinking about how twins often have a sort of secret language. I wonder if that would be true of J & his brother, even if one or both are nonverbal with others. Before we have talked about playing a parent's voice over loud speakers in cases like this and that has often been successful - how would a twin brother fit in to that scenario?

A twin brother makes this even sadder. He must be so lonely and afraid. Is it likely that both boys are autistic?

This is the third twin in the past few weeks!

Malik Drummond. Kenneth White. Now Jayden.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

This is the third twin in the past few weeks!

Malik Drummond. Kenneth White. Now Jayden.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

I'm not familiar with Malik but Kenneth broke my heart. I wonder if his sister will ever recover from what happened to him. That baby never had a chance.

I was thinking about how twins often have a sort of secret language. I wonder if that would be true of J & his brother, even if one or both are nonverbal with others. Before we have talked about playing a parent's voice over loud speakers in cases like this and that has often been successful - how would a twin brother fit in to that scenario?

It's so hard to say, because again, autism looks so different with each person. That said, his twin may be one person who's really able to get through. I have clients that don't appear to have any reaction to family or change in caregivers, and ones that have huge reactions.

I hope this little guy is found soon.

Oh. My. Gosh. He is adorable.

Please let him be found safe!

:praying:

I can relay that there is an intense search effort going on right now based on what I'm hearing.

He is a super cutie !

Oh gosh, I don't know how I feel about the possibility of abduction. I wonder if they have a reason to say this, or just not eliminating anything.
I think they're just not eliminating, or that they think he wandered off first and the abduction was a crime of opportunity?

Does anyone know if there are any custody issues with the family? I'm curious why they suspect possible abduction. Possibly because they haven't found him yet, they are covering all the bases. Come home Jayden!

Does anyone know if there are any custody issues with the family? I'm curious why they suspect possible abduction. Possibly because they haven't found him yet, they are covering all the bases. Come home Jayden!

Wondering same...

Oh gosh, I don't know how I feel about the possibility of abduction. I wonder if they have a reason to say this, or just not eliminating anything.

It may have been LE's response to Jayden's dad being concerned about an abduction:

"The more (police and fire officials) claim that he isn't in the waters around here, the more other worries seep in," Andre Morrison told WPDE-TV. "Hopefully no one abducted him. If someone did, just bring him back."
Denis said authorities do not think the child was abducted but aren't leaving anything to chance. He said they were checking the whereabouts of registered sex offenders in the area.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...went-missing-christmas-eve-cops-say-1.9748103

Based on what many of you have shared about autistic children it seems more likely that Jayden wandered off - or the other unspoken possibility... :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85
Back