Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watcher7 has the right idea.

I'm going to price billboards. Where exactly should I say I want them? I'm not that familiar with MB .
Should we focus south of the flea market in Surside through Georgetown?

I don't want to speak for anybody....but somebody mentioned an updated sketch of Johnny.

I know there are a few wonderful folks over in the unidentified section who do some wonderful work.

Just an idea.

I don't want to speak for anybody....but somebody mentioned an updated sketch of Johnny.

I know there are a few wonderful folks over in the unidentified section who do some wonderful work.

Just an idea.

bbm
I didn't know that .Thanks! It's a good idea .

I've been lurking on this thread, hoping for Johnny's return and I just want to say kudos/good job/thank you to everyone here who's helping to try and find him.

I have a brother who's got a mental/cognitive disability and Johnny reminds me of him. What all of you are doing is amazing, not just to get him home but also by treating him with respect and as a person; not an outcast because he doesn't fit the norm of society.

bus stops ? Fast food places ,the entrance to "the hill" :what:

You really are a trooper. I can come help Thursday .We could hit Soccaste and Georgetown.
My son has a dr appt tomorrow.

Take a picture of your signs and post it here :woohoo:

Thursday might be OK for me. I usually visit my mom, but maybe I can work around that. She can't really remember if I come or not, but I know. Message me for a place to meet up and time and I will see what I can do.

I have to laugh because fabgods video is getting all over the country. I just got word that it's making the rounds in several states via my facebook pals. Just think if everyone here passed it on and then all THOSE people passed it on....

I made my husband drive me over by the Hill when we were in MB yesterday. SCARY!!!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!...Michael Corleone! I have a few more thoughts - assuming he has left the area, trying to get to Atlanta, does anyone know a website that truckers use to communicate with each other, like the old CB radios they used to use? That might be a good way to get the info out. I don't know if JB knows Geography well enough to know, for example, if he's in FL, he needs to head back north, don't keep going south. I think it was Nonni who said the family was coming over Friday to figure out what to do and then she met with Julie on Saturday. Let me sit down and brace myself before I ask ...So, what did they decide to do? The comment about why would a white guy buy Johnny a beer kind of confirmed for me something I was thinking. If they don't trust white people and some of you, Nonni? Peek? are white, they might not really believe you want to help them. Also, don't put too much stock in Julie calling herself a nurse, a lot of people say that when they are really home health aides, like baby sitters for the elderly, cook, clean, do a load of wash, that sort of thing. Praying for Johnny!

Thursday might be OK for me. I usually visit my mom, but maybe I can work around that. She can't really remember if I come or not, but I know. Message me for a place to meet up and time and I will see what I can do.

I have to laugh because fabgods video is getting all over the country. I just got word that it's making the rounds in several states via my facebook pals. Just think if everyone here passed it on and then all THOSE people passed it on....

I made my husband drive me over by the Hill when we were in MB yesterday. SCARY!!!

Peek, where is "The Hill"??? I've been trying to find this out since before I left MB!

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!...Michael Corleone! I have a few more thoughts - assuming he has left the area, trying to get to Atlanta, does anyone know a website that truckers use to communicate with each other, like the old CB radios they used to use? That might be a good way to get the info out. I don't know if JB knows Geography well enough to know, for example, if he's in FL, he needs to head back north, don't keep going south. I think it was Nonni who said the family was coming over Friday to figure out what to do and then she met with Julie on Saturday. Let me sit down and brace myself before I ask ...So, what did they decide to do? The comment about why would a white guy buy Johnny a beer kind of confirmed for me something I was thinking. If they don't trust white people and some of you, Nonni? Peek? are white, they might not really believe you want to help them. Also, don't put too much stock in Julie calling herself a nurse, a lot of people say that when they are really home health aides, like baby sitters for the elderly, cook, clean, do a load of wash, that sort of thing. Praying for Johnny![/QUOTE]

Above CBM.

I was thinking the same thing....

I was thinking the same thing....

ETA: sorry I messed up the quote Maureen.

I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to Nonni Brenda, MissJames, Peekerfoo and everyone else who has done so much to help Mr. Brown.
Like someone else posted, it does seem like this would have been a case that would have concluded fairly quickly. Did I read that Mr. Brown had contacted the family by phone? Whatever became of that, if anything? I've been following the case from the beginning and it's nagging me like a sore tooth that SOMETHING is off here.... Hoping for Mr. Brown's safe and expedient return!

Peek, where is "The Hill"??? I've been trying to find this out since before I left MB!

I'm only going by what I've always heard was the Hill. It was originally in a different place, but that was redeveloped. The Hill is now the area where Carver, Dunbar and other streets are kind of behind OaK St. I could call the police to verify that, but I'm pretty sure that's correct. they don't list it in any of the Tour Guides, :what:

Peeker, I'll take a pic of Blackie and Rubypop for your posters if the family approves. Something to get Johnny's attention.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!...Michael Corleone! I have a few more thoughts - assuming he has left the area, trying to get to Atlanta, does anyone know a website that truckers use to communicate with each other, like the old CB radios they used to use? That might be a good way to get the info out. I don't know if JB knows Geography well enough to know, for example, if he's in FL, he needs to head back north, don't keep going south. I think it was Nonni who said the family was coming over Friday to figure out what to do and then she met with Julie on Saturday. Let me sit down and brace myself before I ask ...So, what did they decide to do? The comment about why would a white guy buy Johnny a beer kind of confirmed for me something I was thinking. If they don't trust white people and some of you, Nonni? Peek? are white, they might not really believe you want to help them. Also, don't put too much stock in Julie calling herself a nurse, a lot of people say that when they are really home health aides, like baby sitters for the elderly, cook, clean, do a load of wash, that sort of thing. Praying for Johnny!
bbm
You're so good Maureen. You remembered my words from earlier, "Sit down and brace yourself..." LOL. Tuesday Julie and I are supposed to get together and get a new FB page started for Johnny. I'm gonna let her call me, so I'll let you all know what happens. There is another truck stop in this area that she didn't get to, I'm gonna suggest we hit it tomorrow with more fliers. Not sure if she has anymore. The comment about the white guy...I had thought that too. I also felt that way while interviewing the family Sat. The neighbors that kept coming by for a few minutes...it was just odd the way they acted. I don't know, so I didnt say anything here. It's hard to say about those things sometimes.
As far as the nurse thing, I mentioned somewhere way back, I discovered after helping here that Julie helped take care of my mother about 4 yrs ago. But she wasn't a nurse then, only an aide of some kind. Not sure of her title. She would fix mother a plate to eat, help her with her bath, etc. She worked for Coosa Valley Home Health in Rome, Ga. She told me Sat. that she got tired of working for someone else, and started her own agency. Somewhere along the line, she had applied for a job with LE here, was hired. But when they asked for her GED certification, she told them, they had misunderstood her. She hadn't told them she had her GED, only that she wasn't working on it, according to her. After that, I guess she completed her GED and got some college, then became a nurse. Don't know the details of that.

bbm
You're so good Maureen. You remembered my words from earlier, "Sit down and brace yourself..." LOL. Tuesday Julie and I are supposed to get together and get a new FB page started for Johnny. I'm gonna let her call me, so I'll let you all know what happens. There is another truck stop in this area that she didn't get to, I'm gonna suggest we hit it tomorrow with more fliers. Not sure if she has anymore. The comment about the white guy...I had thought that too. I also felt that way while interviewing the family Sat. The neighbors that kept coming by for a few minutes...it was just odd the way they acted. I don't know, so I didnt say anything here. It's hard to say about those things sometimes.
As far as the nurse thing, I mentioned somewhere way back, I discovered after helping here that Julie helped take care of my mother about 4 yrs ago. But she wasn't a nurse then, only an aide of some kind. Not sure of her title. She would fix mother a plate to eat, help her with her bath, etc. She worked for Coosa Valley Home Health in Rome, Ga. She told me Sat. that she got tired of working for someone else, and started her own agency. Somewhere along the line, she had applied for a job with LE here, was hired. But when they asked for her GED certification, she told them, they had misunderstood her. She hadn't told them she had her GED, only that she wasn't working on it, according to her. After that, I guess she completed her GED and got some college, then became a nurse. Don't know the details of that.

Nonni Brenda, IF Julie calls you tomorrow could you please ask her where the focus of the searches are right now? It would help to know if they (or CUE) even think he's still in this county or even the state. Any clues would be helpful!

I have to say,my own "Johnny" has been very entertaining this afternoon and I realize how very blessed I am that he is safe at home with me.

He had a seizure Friday at school and my husband picked him up .He slept the rest of the day in my lap ,and I couldn't help but wonder what if Johnny needs help or medical attention?

He really does need to be found .That's the bottom line.

I can only imagine the feeling you had as your "Johnny" slept in your lap...What a wonderful feeling that must have been. God bless him, and you.

Nonni Brenda, IF Julie calls you tomorrow could you please ask her where the focus of the searches are right now? It would help to know if they (or CUE) even think he's still in this county or even the state. Any clues would be helpful!

Yes, Peeker. That is a good question. If anyone else wants me to ask other questions, give me a list. Thanks.

Just want to say you all are amazing! It is truly uplifting to see so many good, caring people work so hard for someone they don't know! You guys are awesome!!!

Yes, Peeker. That is a good question. If anyone else wants me to ask other questions, give me a list. Thanks.

I have a question Nonni.... can you ask Julie if Johnny has EVER spent a night away from home before, and if so, where did he go, and for how long? There is still something about this case that feels like a piece of steak that gets caught between your tooth after a meal..... it just nags at me, and I can't ignore it. I have all these thoughts running through my brain, and some of them are not very nice - go figure.... I read all kinds of things here at WS's so everything is on the table with me. I look for Johnny everywhere in Augusta, GA. Today, I was looking out of my office window at the hospital I work at, and I saw a black man with the same physique as Johnny standing across the street at the intersection. He had on some sort of black flip flops, khaki shorts, and a white wife-beater tank-top (the kind gansters wear in movies). He did not have on a cap, but he did have on glasses. His hair was longer than Johnny's, and he had a backpack on. At first, I couldn't figure out why I was starring at him, and then it hit me!! It looked like Johnny with a different shirt, longer hair, a backpack, and glasses! I work in a VERY large hospital, but I ran down the stairs out to the street, and guess what? He was gone. AGGHHH!!!! I spent the rest of the day running to my window every few seconds, and actually walked around campus. I will be looking for Johnny Brown everywhere I go, up until the time he is found! So.... any little helpful hints from the family would be much appreciated.

We have been told that Johnny is a "special needs" person; that he is developmentally delayed and has a severe speech impediment. I think many of us here at WS relate to Johnny because we have people with special needs in our own lives. When we hear "special needs," we think of Johnny as being like our loved ones. But do we really know that for certain? I don't think we do.

More of my thoughts and concerns after reading posts this evening:

Johnny decided he wanted to go down to the amusement park after being in Myrtle Beach for approximately a day. Johnny had never been to Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is a rather confusing place to navigate, at least for me. The family apparently didn't hesitate to give Johnny a key to the hotel room. Johnny had $60 in his wallet, took $20 with him, and left the hotel unaccompanied. Johnny's family had to have reason to believe that not only could Johnny find the amusement park, but that he could also find his way back to the correct hotel, and then find the correct room. That's a good skill for someone in a place they have never been.

Johnny has held down jobs. Johnny went to the local bank and opened his own bank account. He deposits his own checks. That's another well-functioning skill.

Johnny makes his own grocery list. Then, he buys his own groceries. Another great skill that requires reasoning ability and planning. Johnny has to realize that he is out or nearly out of certain items and will need them soon. He has to remember the items he needs and write them down on the list. He has to remember to take his list and his money to the grocery store and then locate each item on the list. Another excellent skill to have. By the way, why is Johnny making his own grocery list and purchasing his own groceries if he lives at home with his parents? Does Johnny keep his food separately from his Mom and Dad?

Johnny can count out money and make change at the store. Counting out money and making correct change is a higher level skill. There are people without disabilities who have difficulty making correct change.

Johnny has a beer now and then. I don't think that's a big deal, but what if Johnny has more than "a" beer? Remember the manager at Denny's (?) who thought Johnny was drunk and wouldn't let him use the phone? Perhaps, there is a possibility that Johnny was drunk; perhaps, he has a drinking problem that the family doesn't want publicized. Isn't Johnny's father a Baptist preacher? I grew up in a Baptist church and drinking was a big "no-no." Could Johnny be a binge drinker? Could his speech become slurred when he's driinking?

We've been told about Johnny's speech impairment, but no one here has ever heard him speak. I'm wondering how bad this speech impairment really is. Let's say that Johnny does say "Allanna" for "Atlanta." I have family in southern Georgia and just south of Atlanta. I lived for a few years in Augusta. There are people in parts of Georgia with a very distinctive southern drawl. Hearing Atlanta pronounced "Allanna" was not out of the ordinary for some people. I don't know about Johnny's articulation patterns. I wouldn't know what his problem is without listening and analyzing it. What I'm suggesting is that we really don't know how severe his speech impairment is or even if it is severe.

I would proceed with caution in any description of Johnny at this time.

Last call tonight...Does anyone have any questions for Julie and the family if I see her tomorrow. I'm gonna ask:
For permission to take a pic of Blackie, and maybe Rubypop, to send for the posters/billboard, if needed.

Where is the focus of the search now? still in same county/state? Where is CUE looking today?

Does CUE think he is still in the same county? If so, why do they think that? Do they think he may have been trying to get back to Ga? Why do they think there has been no more sightings?

Does LE or CUE have anymore clues in the past 2 weeks?

Have you compiled info for your new FB page we discussed last week? What do you have for it? If not, why?

Do you have a computer? Who in your family has one you can use anytime you need it?

Did you call the other "public figures" on your list? How are they going to help find Johnny? How can they publicize that he is missing?

Did you call New Frontier? Are they going to be able to help publicize that Johnny is missing? How can they help?

Have you mobilized all your local friend in the neighborhood to help with the search, at truck stops, restaurants, etc? What are they gonna do?

Did you put out more fliers at the other truck stop here? Talk to the truckers? Did any of the truckers mention a website that they all use, like they used to use the CB? If so, what is the name of the website?

Ask, and get signed consent form to take pics of Blackie, and family members, and post these pics on signs, billboards, posters, in any area where we think it will help to find Johnny.

Can anyone think of anything else? If not tonight, post in the morning. I will say good night in about 15 min to you all. Get some good questions for me. Thanks.

I have a question Nonni.... can you ask Julie if Johnny has EVER spent a night away from home before, and if so, where did he go, and for how long? There is still something about this case that feels like a piece of steak that gets caught between your tooth after a meal..... it just nags at me, and I can't ignore it. I have all these thoughts running through my brain, and some of them are not very nice - go figure.... I read all kinds of things here at WS's so everything is on the table with me. I look for Johnny everywhere in Augusta, GA. Today, I was looking out of my office window at the hospital I work at, and I saw a black man with the same physique as Johnny standing across the street at the intersection. He had on some sort of black flip flops, khaki shorts, and a white wife-beater tank-top (the kind gansters wear in movies). He did not have on a cap, but he did have on glasses. His hair was longer than Johnny's, and he had a backpack on. At first, I couldn't figure out why I was starring at him, and then it hit me!! It looked like Johnny with a different shirt, longer hair, a backpack, and glasses! I work in a VERY large hospital, but I ran down the stairs out to the street, and guess what? He was gone. AGGHHH!!!! I spent the rest of the day running to my window every few seconds, and actually walked around campus. I will be looking for Johnny Brown everywhere I go, up until the time he is found! So.... any little helpful hints from the family would be much appreciated.

Good ideas, I'll add them to my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members