SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'and so on.' He seems so blasé. Its as if he's just like yeah...we might find something, but we might not. And as if they are just waiting for news to come to them. Its all okay having calls/tips coming in but they might all just be bull and what they find without the help of the public is just as important.
I somehow get the feeling that the police are slow to the uptake and believe that they've went missing of their own free will. Which, I honestly don't find that surprising. That seems to be how a lot of unsolved cases start out

"Theyre run aways"
"Theyre adults, they can go where they like and dont have to contact anyone."
"Theyll turn up eventually"

And so on and so on.

So it doesnt even seem odd to me at this point that the police seem not to care, yet the family and friends are frantic. Which is sad really, but that seems to be how these things go down.

If they arent in their house and their car is gone and someone is actively posting on fb, then to police maybe it doesnt seem like anything bad has even happened. Especially if there were no signs of a struggle at the house. I hope im wrong about this and that they know some good news we don't, because the police dont seem at all interested in finding out more details. :(

I think the potential polyamory angle to this story may also cause LE to be less than enthusiastic about pursuing it. In some places, that's just not acceptable. And while I consider those attitudes antiquated and ill informed, I have no doubt in some places, people think that those who live a lifestyle other than monogamous heterosexuality "get what's coming to them." Even if "what's coming" is non violent ostracism.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

'and so on.' He seems so blasé. Its as if he's just like yeah...we might find something, but we might not. And as if they are just waiting for news to come to them. Its all okay having calls/tips coming in but they might all just be bull and what they find without the help of the public is just as important.

I took the "and so on" in a different way. I got the feeling he is not computer literate and might not know what else they could find from tracking the fb poster (I confess I don't know much about that myself).
It could also be that they don't think any serious crime (like murder) has been committed so they are not moving on it quickly. IDK. This case is so weird.

I think a person who deals with things should be computer literate. I just think like people should be innocent until proven guilty, the missing should be searched for until found safe no matter what LE think.

Yep. Agreed.
I also noticed that the Sherrif's office shares many posters of wanted people and other info. Yet, K and D's posters are not shared on their FB. There has to be a reason. What is it??

https://www.facebook.com/Anderson-County-Sheriffs-Office-SC-299533373390730/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Their disappearance falls under the jurisdiction of Anderson City Police Department, so if you guys go looking at Anderson County Sheriff's Department's site or anywhere else for info, you won't find anything. Anderson Crossing Apartments and the Quality Inn where CD worked, where they were assumed to last be by all accounts are both within the Anderson city limits.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Their disappearance falls under the jurisdiction of Anderson City Police Department, so if you guys go looking at Anderson County Sheriff's Department's site or anywhere else for info, you won't find anything. Anderson Crossing Apartments and the Quality Inn where CD worked, where they were assumed to last be by all accounts are both within the Anderson city limits.

You're a gem! Thank you.
Anderson City PD did post the info on their fb page. Last time was sept 18.

https://www.facebook.com/CityOfAndersonPoliceDepartment/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm curious about the friend who they were supposed to meet for dinner, if they were meeting at her house or at a restaurant. I couldn't find anyone by that name in Anderson, but there was one an hour away (Taylors, SC). CDC was last seen leaving work on that day, Aug 31st (according to one article) and they didn't show up for dinner that night, so that could be the timeline. If they were driving to Taylors, that area between could be searched. I'm not familiar with the area at all, but it looked heavily wooded on Maps.

Also, does anyone know if the door of their apartment was definitely left unlocked? I keep deciding on different scenarios but then the door being unlocked debunked all and everything!

His sister said it was locked but doesn't have the energy to correct all the news articles.

Yes. I am not thinking murder/suicide. Just not getting that feeling. And that's usually where my mind goes first.
I don't think accident or random crime, because LE would be searching everywhere. Including, water sources. Right now, the only thing I can think of is some kind of drug involvement. JMO

Neither strikes me as drug user. They seem like really normal people, which is what is the most troubling. They seem like people I'd genuinely find fun and interesting, which makes me sad. It's somehow easier in my mind if I think of disappearance happening to people I don't think I'd like or have much in common with (I know that sounds awful - call it a coping mechanism). They genuinely sound like nice people, though. FWIW, her ex didn't raise any red flags with me either.

Now his ex? She is either very, very slow or she is involved. I haven't made my mind up yet. Nothing else really explains her seemingly bizarre actions to date. Even the posts she made on certain fabricated life events seemed like a poor calculation on her part. Her (previous?) relationship with certain parents is also interesting. I wonder if they hadn't already had a "come to Jesus" with her on their own (I know I would if it were one of my kids!)

On another note, all the weirdos flooding in and posting all over his page make me sad for the families. I can't help but imagine being in that position since they've specifically requested people stop. On the other hand, I'm sure the frenzy is generating media interest, but I can't say the benefit of that outweighs the mental cost to the families.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the potential polyamory angle to this story may also cause LE to be less than enthusiastic about pursuing it. In some places, that's just not acceptable. And while I consider those attitudes antiquated and ill informed, I have no doubt in some places, people think that those who live a lifestyle other than monogamous heterosexuality "get what's coming to them." Even if "what's coming" is non violent ostracism.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree 100%

Well, we really don't know if they normally locked the door or not, so knowing if it was locked or unlocked now, doesn't really matter to us. And how many of us have locked keys in the house? Or in the car? How many have come home and realized you forgot to lock the house door? So even if the normal was to lock the house, doesn't mean they didn't forget.

What baffles me is HIS car is still missing, TMK..... where the heck is it??? Did they have an accident and it's down a ravine somewhere, not to be found until after fall, or in the winter? Did it go into water anywhere? Lots of water in SC!

Neither explains all the postings on his FB, but they don't have to be related either.

I don't think one person could have disappeared both Kala and David without a crime scene. There's been no mention of a crime scene. Would they both leave to go meet someone before their scheduled meeting with someone else? Would they stop by and say hi to someone else before that scheduled meeting? It's possible, but I don't know how probable.

Two months is a long time to be missing. While they could have left voluntarily, how would they fund being gone 2 months? If they didn't pack clothing, shoes, glasses/contacts, or any meds to last 2 months....I don't think that was their intention.

Wonder how LE goes about searching each body of water or do they wait until they have some tip, or water levels drop and part of the vehicle is seen? I can't imagine each LE having the resources to send divers into every single body of water, especially with gators around.

I think the details (whether they matter currently) being correct may help at any point. I don't think we can say oh well it don't matter now so it don't need to be correct.
And yes they probably don't have divers to send into all waters but it appears there not searching anywhere.

Well, we really don't know if they normally locked the door or not, so knowing if it was locked or unlocked now, doesn't really matter to us. And how many of us have locked keys in the house? Or in the car? How many have come home and realized you forgot to lock the house door? So even if the normal was to lock the house, doesn't mean they didn't forget.

What baffles me is HIS car is still missing, TMK..... where the heck is it??? Did they have an accident and it's down a ravine somewhere, not to be found until after fall, or in the winter? Did it go into water anywhere? Lots of water in SC!

Neither explains all the postings on his FB, but they don't have to be related either.

I don't think one person could have disappeared both Kala and David without a crime scene. There's been no mention of a crime scene. Would they both leave to go meet someone before their scheduled meeting with someone else? Would they stop by and say hi to someone else before that scheduled meeting? It's possible, but I don't know how probable.

Two months is a long time to be missing. While they could have left voluntarily, how would they fund being gone 2 months? If they didn't pack clothing, shoes, glasses/contacts, or any meds to last 2 months....I don't think that was their intention.

Wonder how LE goes about searching each body of water or do they wait until they have some tip, or water levels drop and part of the vehicle is seen? I can't imagine each LE having the resources to send divers into every single body of water, especially with gators around.
There aren't really a lot of gators in that area of SC. Growing up there the only time I ever heard if there being any was when someone got one as a baby gator and then released it when it got too big. Now there are a lot of snakes, coyotes and wild hogs in certain areas. Plus this is a unique area in that it's considered to be part of the beginning of " the Foothills" to the Great Smoky Mountains. So you have the mountains nearby. You have Lake Hartwell which is a very large man made lake that stretches through a couple counties, as well as a couple other lakes and rivers very close by. Also within a 30 minute drive to the Georgia border... so much geography here that lends to so many possibilities.

There aren't really a lot of gators in that area of SC. Growing up there the only time I ever heard if there being any was when someone got one as a baby gator and then released it when it got too big. Now there are a lot of snakes, coyotes and wild hogs in certain areas. Plus this is a unique area in that it's considered to be part of the beginning of " the Foothills" to the Great Smoky Mountains. So you have the mountains nearby. You have Lake Hartwell which is a very large man made lake that stretches through a couple counties, as well as a couple other lakes and rivers very close by. Also within a 30 minute drive to the Georgia border... so much geography here that lends to so many possibilities.

I agree. Thank you for your first hand insight. I am not from the area but just even looking at the case map I didn't know which to turn. The possibilities are endless.

I agree. Thank you for your first hand insight. I am not from the area but just even looking at the case map I didn't know which to turn. The possibilities are endless.
You're very welcome! I live in Ohio now and moved from Anderson in 2010, but I was a 911 dispatcher for Anderson County Emergency Services and my ex was an investigator for Anderson City PD. Unfortunately, most of my connections with APD and ACES don't speak to me because they sided with him in the divorce. (Had him arrested for CDV up here and it was ugly). So I have no inside connections anymore and am more or less blackballed. Fun, but as much as I can help with history and geography, I will.

You're very welcome! I live in Ohio now and moved from Anderson in 2010, but I was a 911 dispatcher for Anderson County Emergency Services and my ex was an investigator for Anderson City PD. Unfortunately, most of my connections with APD and ACES don't speak to me because they sided with him in the divorce. (Had him arrested for CDV up here and it was ugly). So I have no inside connections anymore and am more or less blackballed. Fun, but as much as I can help with history and geography, I will.

Oh, tulip. I'm sorry you have gone through all of this, sounds like a very hard time. However a close insight is always welcomed. Esp on a case where info is limited!

If you feel I could add anything to the map , let me know. :tyou:

Great post, Tulips.
I am glad I read you post before I posted. I was going to post about the lack of gators and the foothills too.
Anderson is real small, charming college town (bleh Clemson) and of course, I love the Foothills, we often take a detour coming back from Asheville headed home, or just drive up on a Saturday to enjoy a couple dogs from Thrashers and shopping at the Jockey Lot and Farmers Mkt.

I pray Kala and David are safe and sound somewhere and will soon find their way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth