SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two FB pages - each family has one.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1590769641229208:0
10bece934e5b35cc1d35c7c8dcbbd2d4.jpg

"One still missing is one too many."
Facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork
Aren't there more pages than that or did they delete some of them?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a timeline established?

All three are friends on FB Prior to separation (maybe afterwards? I'm unsure)
July - CD is still with NN (but separation must be about to start)
August - CD and KB are living together.
Aug 31- KB lasts text to a friend is 'are you up yet' early Weds AM, and CD is last seen leaving work. (anyone know when he is seen leaving work)
???- I am having trouble figuring out which day CD mom and building manager whet to the door.
Sept 1 - Posts start on Facebook
Oct 2 - Last FB Post
Oct 18 - FB taken down

Not much, but that's all we have so far I think. Feel free to build on it.

BBM.

Wait... he was still with NN in July? and moved in with KB in august? And their missing before the end of the month?

I might have missed something but what is CD/DC actual name? Confusion when using initials :) Esp when I start using CM as well!

I'll try to find it, but I thought I saw someone say that he was saying he loved his ex on FB up until around July - this could be second or third hand info and tough to check now that FB is down and NN is more private. I was trying to come up with the approximate time of separation, and then when they moved in together, it seems this all happened within a few months, I'm unsure how many months exactly.

CD is Charlie David, and I haven't figured out KB ex CM yet. So there maybe details over there I do not have :)

Facebook will automatically deactivate a Facebook profile if enough people report it as "pretending to be someone that they are not". When that user tries to log in, they have to send a government ID to get the account reactivated. Now that the story has gone global, this definitely could have happened.

There are also a variety of other reasons Facebook will deactivate an account, if people are reporting content posted by that account. It's all logarithms.

Or someone with access to the account could have chosen to deactivate it.

If LE does make an effort to get a warrant, Facebook has records of everything, it does not get erased when the account is deactivated.

Also what I am trying to figure out is, if they are last heard from on Aug 31, and the posting begins September 1? When did CD mom go to the apartment, was it after the postings? I know posts can have dates added retroactively so maybe it was later into Sept. But if someone was hacking and sharing the day after they are last heard from, that is before they are legally missing, and is much more suspect.

I guess I am asking if anyone knows the exact date the posting started, and the date CD mom opened the apartment and found the dog.

Thanks in advance!!

I'll try to find it, but I thought I saw someone say that he was saying he loved his ex on FB up until around July - this could be second or third hand info and tough to check now that FB is down and NN is more private. I was trying to come up with the approximate time of separation, and then when they moved in together, it seems this all happened within a few months, I'm unsure how many months exactly.

CD is Charlie David, and I haven't figured out KB ex CM yet. So there maybe details over there I do not have :)

I just wondered what his real name actually is. Charlie David. Charlie Carver. David Carver. Not sure which one is is real name/which one he prefers to go by.

Facebook will automatically deactivate a Facebook profile if enough people report it as "pretending to be someone that they are not". When that user tries to log in, they have to send a government ID to get the account reactivated. Now that the story has gone global, this definitely could have happened.

There are also a variety of other reasons Facebook will deactivate an account, if people are reporting content posted by that account. It's all logarithms.

Or someone with access to the account could have chosen to deactivate it.

If LE does make an effort to get a warrant, Facebook has records of everything, it does not get erased when the account is deactivated.

You stated this much clearer than I did! Thanks! 😊

I just wondered what his real name actually is. Charlie David. Charlie Carver. David Carver. Not sure which one is is real name/which one he prefers to go by.

I think it is Charlie David Carver. I go by first and middle name on FB too, I have a very unique first name so I do that to keep a little privacy.

My understanding is that Kala, the 'ex', and David were all living together until recently. So yes he was proclaiming his love for his 'ex' in July. I can't remember now when they were married, but to my knowledge, no divorce has been filed, or steps taken to file legally separated, or anything.

This comment is just based on pics that I saw on various people's FB accounts and my own crazy imagination. If there was a polyamorous relationship between CDC (not sure that we all agree on what to call him), KB, and NN and things ended, I wonder if CDC and KB were interested in pursuing that sort of relationship with someone else. Perhaps they had posted an ad through Craigslist, *advertiser censored*life, or some other source looking for someone to "play" with. Maybe they got a response and moved on it quickly. That could explain leaving glasses/contacts, medications, and their furbaby at home. It would explain why they would be together (and thus missing together) and why one vehicle was gone. His glasses being at home could either mean that he had multiple pairs or that he had come home, was relaxing enough to take them off, and then they rushed out quickly (maybe from getting an invitation to have some playtime). OR, perhaps someone had come to them. If there was no breaking and entering sort of evidence, then they possibly either knew or were expecting someone and let them in. Maybe NN posed as someone online and somehow gained entry (or had someone else do it) when they thought someone else was coming there for fun. That person could have forced them into their vehicle (again explains crucial things being left behind) and who knows what happened after that. This is all just my own opinion.

It would be interesting to know who deactivated the FB. I saw a post on CDs FB over the weekend speculating that the about me had been changed again, as recently as this weekend. I am only 3 days into the case, so I didn't see what was there before. The person could have still been signing in and looking around without posting. They are getting some sort of sick pleasure out of it. I have yet to figure out who CM is so I didn't get to peak around his page.

My theory as of now is the most basic and boring - They are in a car accident somewhere, and a drunken EX or someone got onto his account to look around and maybe saw some things that triggered their emotions, and started posting and getting a little out of control. It seems they stopped once they realized they could be caught doing this. ( I don't feel the hacker is of high intelligence and may not even have known what an IP was until people started posting) Initially the hacker was sharing events and missing posters and claiming to want to help, but when people started thinking it was the ex, the hacker got defensive and sent out cryptic memes.

Not to long ago near me a girl went missing just driving a few blocks home. Her brother had a flurry of missed calls from her around 3am and no one heard from her again. Sadly, her car had gone off a bridge into the water and she was unable to get out. This story stuck with me and now I am always wondering if I could break out of a car myself underwater.

If it's not a car accident, the possibilities really turn wild. One person could not have disappeared two people easily, unless it was someone they trusted very much. Were they into any outdoor activities? Could they have been lured to somewhere remote? Who would have a motive to harm them, and find an accomplice willing to harm them? I have a small dog (16 years old <3) but I know I would NEVERRR have left her without food and water and it sounds like Kala would not have either. They left the house, in my opinion on their own, believing they would be home later that evening.

Aug 31- KB lasts text to a friend is 'are you up yet' early Weds AM, and CD is last seen leaving work. (anyone know when he is seen leaving work)
???- I am having trouble figuring out which day CD mom and building manager whet to the door.
Oct 2 - Last FB Post
Oct 18 - FB taken down

you very well could be right, because of course no one knows at this point, but i just have this gut feeling it's deeper and more sinister than that. The posts occurred over several days so I think that probably rules out a drunken mistake. And the content of some of the posts (digging a hole in the backyard, using swords vs. guns) are incredibly disturbing. That's taking things quite far, even for someone who has nothing to do with their disappearance and logged into the FB out of curiosity or a joke. So one thing I AM certain of, is that whoever is behind the updates (even if they did nothing to CC and KB, even if it's CC himself, etc) is absolutely mentally unhinged. 100%.

It would be interesting to know who deactivated the FB. I saw a post on CDs FB over the weekend speculating that the about me had been changed again, as recently as this weekend. I am only 3 days into the case, so I didn't see what was there before. The person could have still been signing in and looking around without posting. They are getting some sort of sick pleasure out of it. I have yet to figure out who CM is so I didn't get to peak around his page.

My theory as of now is the most basic and boring - They are in a car accident somewhere, and a drunken EX or someone got onto his account to look around and maybe saw some things that triggered their emotions, and started posting and getting a little out of control. It seems they stopped once they realized they could be caught doing this. ( I don't feel the hacker is of high intelligence and may not even have known what an IP was until people started posting) Initially the hacker was sharing events and missing posters and claiming to want to help, but when people started thinking it was the ex, the hacker got defensive and sent out cryptic memes.

Not to long ago near me a girl went missing just driving a few blocks home. Her brother had a flurry of missed calls from her around 3am and no one heard from her again. Sadly, her car had gone off a bridge into the water and she was unable to get out. This story stuck with me and now I am always wondering if I could break out of a car myself underwater.

If it's not a car accident, the possibilities really turn wild. One person could not have disappeared two people easily, unless it was someone they trusted very much. Were they into any outdoor activities? Could they have been lured to somewhere remote? Who would have a motive to harm them, and find an accomplice willing to harm them? I have a small dog (16 years old <3) but I know I would NEVERRR have left her without food and water and it sounds like Kala would not have either. They left the house, in my opinion on their own, believing they would be home later that evening.

Oct 2 - Last FB Post
Oct 18 - FB taken down

Aug. 31st they were supposed to meet a friend for dinner (where is unknown- not sure if it was the friend's house or a restaurant) and didn't show up. I feel strongly that that window of time on August 31st is when they went missing; however, I did read one article that said CDC was last seen leaving a friend's house. The information is so scarce and most of it is contradictory.

I thought he was last seen leaving work? Where did he work again? Was it the Quality Inn, Anderson?

I really wish the finer details were available. Where were they going to meet the friend for dinner? What time? Did DC definitely make it home from work? Etc.

Updated Case Map showing possible route DC may have taken from work. Unless I'm imagining that he worked at The QI?

Really sad. I can't remember one case where there were no searches at all. I know the family/friends searched locally, but, it makes a world of difference when experienced and knowledgeable organizations are involved.

Many answers to our question on the community page.

https://www.facebook.com/help.find.charlie.david.carver.and.kala.brown/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

* Facebook deactivated CD fb.
* No searches done by LE or SAR

this is just all strange. no searches? no warrants for the FB info? I know police don't put everything out there, obviously, but this is just really weird.

this (seemingly) non-activity by the police makes me think of something I saw on Dateline I think it was last week. I don't remember the names of everyone involved, but basically a guy was suspected of killing 2 of his business associates and the police got word that he was putting out a hit on his wife as well. They told her she needed to come to their office immediately. They told her the news, and put her into hiding. She said that they wouldn't allow her to contact ANYONE. She couldn't return home, couldn't do anything except stay with the police in hiding. Her family had no idea and were of course upset that she was missing. The police told her friends/family to look for her, but I don't know if THEY themselves ever organized a search (and why would they use those time/resources when they knew where she was?) As far as anyone in her life knew, she was missing and/or dead. I don't remember how long she was in hiding, i don't think it was for 2 months, but kind of makes me think it could be a similar scenario going on here maybe. Would explain the police not really going anywhere w/ the investigation, and would explain glasses, contacts, etc left behind in haste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime