SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something didn't set well with me going back to CDCs facebook before it was taken down some things stand out to me 1. there never coming home to be with there families was one post 2.the hacker knew the wifes full given name 3.one post said NN knew where they were so if she was the hacker how did she know they would never come home so let say TK did the hacking how would he know the wifes full name even if family members said she was doing the hacking I find it odd the ref to hotel California on his reviews and CDCs Facebook and the digging holes at night I do recall someone saying a woman was seen every now and then on his property was it NN been keeping an eye on her FB page odd nobody has made a comment not even her about CDC before KBs facebook went down I did notice that TK liked her picture but IMO that's where his downfall happened IMO again the picture was from 2015 he liked it after she was already with him not in 2015 which would look like he liked it then not tryin to confuse anyone what I'm tryin to say is they got a tip and it has to be from someone who was a friend of his on facebook if you notice whatever we do on FB if you are friends look at the right of your screen it shows your likes or comments

i think there would be ways for him to know NN's full name: interrogating KB, hacking CDC's facebook, stalking them...

i wonder if the woman was the girlfriend i think he had, posted above.

i think TK liked her profile pic not long after she posted that August 2015 photo. you know how you can see facebook likes in order? there were a few likes after his one, IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm pretty new here, but have been following this thread.
What's curious is this woman who was found stabbed in an abandoned house, worked at PetSmart on Woodruff Road...TK had an office on the same Road.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...nville-woman-found-vacant-residence/92781488/

Didn't TK post something about a "basement in an old house" in one of his many post back in 2015? Then there's the Amazon review about the knife he hasn't used "yet".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this will not garner many fans, but after reading the entire psych evaluation and all supplemental documents, it didn't sound like he ever had a chance. His mother didn't want him, his father didn't want him. He sounded like collateral damage from their toxic relationship, and a 15 year old in an adult prison really doesn't stand much chance. I'm actually surprised he came out with the ability to blend back into the world as much as he did. His entire life eval talks about his desire for attention/love/acceptance. I hate to blame the mother here, but I wouldn't be surprised if her resentment towards bio father was transferred onto TK from the earliest of age. Not every child can handle/overcome the yo-yo of "I love you/I hate you". I'm guessing that may have been the theme of his formative years.

Of course all that is not to condone his crimes, more to just try and understand what makes a person do what they do. Sometimes your nature and your nurturing are a toxic mix.

Interesting. I actually had the opposite standpoint after reading it. While it's clear that neither his biological father nor his mother or adoptive/stepfather wanted to take responsibility for him after he was charged with the kidnapping and sexual assault (sexual assault charge was ultimately dropped as part of his plea deal), I got the impression that was because they were simply feeling defeated. They both detailed the many ways they had attempted to correct his malignant behavior but none of them helped. He apparently swung back and forth with great intensity about who he preferred to live with--his biological father or his mother--and this preference appears to have been largely based upon the amount of control he could exert over one or the other. The report also stated that his mother was afraid of him what he might do if he didn't get his way because he had threatened to kill her in the past if he didn't get what he wanted. This mother was AFRAID OF HER OWN CHILD. Apparently, she had every reason to be.

I believe TK's mother tried to do anything and everything she could to help him but nothing worked. She took him to see therapists, she was seeing a counselor herself, tried different parenting styles, rallied for his stepfather to officially adopt him to unify their family, convinced his biological father to rebuild a new relationship with him because she believing his problems stemmed from the lack of one. After TK expressed a desire to go live with his father, she agreed and then the sexual assault happened. I think she felt defeated and really, really scared at that point... (especially when all of the letters he'd sent from jail requested she get his weapons back from his dad's house) and she just didn't know what else to do.

I'm in the rental turn around business and realty prep as a painter. The cleaners do not get paid anywhere near $500 a house. We usually have to clean door frames, window sills, and walls ourselves before we paint. The cleaners do a minimum job...
Now there are those who come in and remove all contents from the home. Not sure what they get paid, but they usually get freebies of anything left behind. It is a bigger job though.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the insight, that's really helpful!

Where did TK post his ads for a cleaner?

Why would TK be deemed psychopathic even as a baby unless his own mother took him to be evaluated at that age for some reason?

He seems like he enjoyed flaunting what he did and was doing to victims, by posting like that openly online. He was playing cat and mouse. He was increasing the amount of risk in his crimes.

Can someone post his amazon profile link? TIA

Not sure which address you mean but it has been mentioned in news stories he rented one of his homes. They interviewed a man with a wife and 5 kids who said he felt it was strange that TK never asked for references before renting to them.

ETA: Renter is interviewed here: http://www.wltx.com/news/local/woman-says-she-saw-her-captor-shoot-boyfriend/348183176

Not sure if this has already been said because I'm still several pages behind, but his real estate company also offers property management services. He only owned, himself, his house he lived in and the 95.57 acre property where KB was found. The properties he managed were NOT owned by him. He would, as property manager, rent them out for the owners, collect rent, have repairs done on the property, etc.

Didn't TK post something about a "basement in an old house" in one of his many post back in 2015? Then there's the Amazon review about the knife he hasn't used "yet".

Yes, to the basement reference and to the knife. Was trying to look for the date of the knife review, but can't find it..

Interesting. I actually had the opposite standpoint after reading it. While it's clear that neither his biological father nor his mother or adoptive/stepfather wanted to take responsibility for him after he was charged with the kidnapping and sexual assault (sexual assault charge was ultimately dropped as part of his plea deal), I got the impression that was because they were simply feeling defeated. They both detailed the many ways they had attempted to correct his malignant behavior but none of them helped. He apparently swung back and forth with great intensity about who he preferred to live with--his biological father or his mother--and this preference appears to have been largely based upon the amount of control he could exert over one or the other. The report also stated that his mother was afraid of him what he might do if he didn't get his way because he had threatened to kill her in the past if he didn't get what he wanted. This mother was AFRAID OF HER OWN CHILD. Apparently, she had every reason to be.

I believe TK's mother tried to do anything and everything she could to help him but nothing worked. She took him to see therapists, she was seeing a counselor herself, tried different parenting styles, rallied for his stepfather to officially adopt him to unify their family, convinced his biological father to rebuild a new relationship with him because she believing his problems stemmed from the lack of one. After TK expressed a desire to go live with his father, she agreed and then the sexual assault happened. I think she felt defeated and really, really scared at that point... (especially when all of the letters he'd sent from jail requested she get his weapons back from his dad's house) and she just didn't know what else to do.

I did read a post on his fb i think I saved it about the single mom's rental struggles or not and making their rent payments.
He speaks of his own mom's struggles and the horny(is this word allowed) landlords.

I agree with a lot of this but his Mother also wrote a letter to the judge requesting (IIRC) either early release or a more lenient sentence because "he did walk her home after he assaulted her" That just did not set right with me. I feel like she also enabled him.

it's weird the trees are darker in the earlier photo, in the exact spots where the path and building would be built. does anyone see that and have theories on why?

4/2014 he hadn't yet purchased the property and wouldn't for another month and a half-ish. April in upstate South Carolina, tree-wise, has some trees that have fully leafed out (those garbage Bradford Pears are super common in fields) and others that are still leafing out (a lot of species of oaks, some maples).

i would be willing to bet he was sexually abused as a child on top of the severe beatings we already know he got from his parents and grandfather.

he also owns dogs...would have reason to go to petsmart...JMO

Did/does he own a cat too? He made a weird post on fb about buying cat food or kitty litter or something at one point and he also posted a picture of a snake with a black and white cat partially in view.
Mostly, I wonder about this because I noticed a coincidentally similar looking cat in photos that come up when viewing a particular and potential alias. I've no doubt this guy has used a number of fake and disposable fb profiles over the years.

i would be willing to bet he was sexually abused as a child on top of the severe beatings we already know he got from his parents and grandfather.

Do we know this is true? I don't remember reading it in the evaluations. TIA

So, people keep coming to the thread with the same question over and over of why it took so long to get the information about the cell pings back. I tried to answer it yesterday based on secondary experience being previously married to a LEO and I've been wracking my brain and Google trying to think of a way to explain it from my 911 dispatching experience in the county that KB and CDC went missing from. I've been out of then profession for about 8 years now, so things have probably changes some however there were a couple instances when I was working where we had to request pings from cell companies because someone called in to advise they'd been in an accident and had gone off the road and we couldn't find them. Our call location system would triangulate cell calls based off the three nearest cell towers. However, it wasn't perfect and sometimes calls would jump towers and you would get a call from another county or even state. When you request info from a cell company, they are in the business of protecting their customer's legal rights from LE in these situations, so we had to prove the customer was in imminent danger. Of course we had a 911 call, but we still had to get an warrant signed by a judge, if I am not mistaken and it sometimes still took a couple hours turn around time before we got the location back from the cell company. Most of the times one of us stayed on the phone with the victim until we got help there, the voice in the darkness, praying their phone didn't die or lose signal.

With this case I imagine they had a hard time proving their was imminent danger, since it was probably the cell ping to a RSO's property that was the clear indicator that they were indeed in danger. I'm curious to find out how they finally convinced the cell company to.give up the info. As I was trying to find a good link for you guys last night showing what different cell companies require as proof and what they will release to whom I noted that a lot require permission from the account holder and or a court order. Unfortunately, I was having computer issues and gave up and went to bed. I am out running errands so when I get back home, I will try to find it again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BBM
I realize that in these instances that time is of the essence but these restrictions are there to protect our privacy. Seeing that it was LE requesting the infor, she'd worked for TK, he was a registered sex offender, then seems like a good amount of reason to maybe speed up the process though. We don't know, though, when they were able to pull together all of this information b/c two adults, going missing, is not taken as seriously. Adults are allowed to just decide to go off grid, or go ghost, and disappear for days at a time, if we want. It's not that uncommon.

Do we know this is true? I don't remember reading it in the evaluations. TIA

i didn't see it, i'm just postulating because that receptive cycle is common

i didn't see it, i'm just postulating because that receptive cycle is common

Do we know if he was actually beaten and tied up to a tree by family members or is that what he is claiming?

Do we know if he was actually beaten and tied up to a tree by family members or is that what he is claiming?

claiming. again, i'm guessing, but i just get the feeling that a lot of his facebook posts were pretty close to the truth.

by the way i meant *repetitive not receptive

More updates at this news story:

http://www.wtvm.com/story/33623546/...an-found-chained-like-a-dog-in-spartanburg-co

A spokesperson for the Carver family said the couple met Kohlhepp online and the three were casual friends. He was reportedly at the scene when B**** was found and was taken into custody without incident.

BBM

Also confirmed it was Carver's car that was found in a ravine on the property

Also quotes revealing how some people who knew TK didn't supsect anything, while others were wary when first meeting him.

There's no mention of it as far as I've read. Do you have any sources that suggest this was the case? People can become this dysfunctional and violent without childhood trauma sometimes.Whilst nurture often appears to play a large role in the development of predator like this it certainly can happen without abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist