SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's natural to try to link lots of cases to any serial killer when they are discovered, but I am not seeing that the Blue Ridge Bank murders are probable.
The sketch does have the same mouth/eyes, but...the description (age, hair color, etc.) as well as the weight portrayed makes me think it is not him at all.
Yes, TK is heavy now, but he was not back then, as you can see by photos and also the sketch of the Superbike murders the same year.
I don't think he'd have been mistaken as an overweight, graying man at that point in his life. Am I missing something?

I know it's natural to try to link lots of cases to any serial killer when they are discovered, but I am not seeing that the Blue Ridge Bank murders are probable.
The sketch does have the same mouth/eyes, but...the description (age, hair color, etc.) as well as the weight portrayed makes me think it is not him at all.
Yes, TK is heavy now, but he was not back then, as you can see by photos and also the sketch of the Superbike murders the same year.
I don't think he'd have been mistaken as an overweight, graying man at that point in his life. Am I missing something?

I agree with you, the Bank sketch looks like TK looks now, not back then

Did the Sheriff say TK didn't provide motive for the Superbike murders, OR was the Sheriff saying they were not disclosing the motive, OR was there no specific motive except to kill?

Interesting read on the bike shop murders he has apparently confessed to. This has the thoughts of a profiler and claims she knows the killer. Claims police interviewed him twice but eliminated him. Wonder who that was? http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com/2012/05/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-second.html

there is also a link to a youtube video on that page with a report from Geral

TK got out of prison on 11/24/2001 and Bike shop murders happened on 11/06/2003 . The composite kind of looks like the photo of a young TK from AZ dept of corrections. Does anyone know when TK arrived in SC? The 4 victims were found at the scene, so this has nothing to do with bodies that might be found on his land...and I think they are saying two more, plus Charlie. I think this is just the beginning.

In one of the old articles it is mentioned that Melissa was from Arizona, this murder made her a widow. Not sure how to check if any ties though

This is near the State of GA Mental Hospital, Milledgeville, GA. Dots are beginning to be connected, imo...

In 1980, when Kohlhepp would have been 8 or 9 years old, he was admitted to a Georgia mental-health facility because of his mother’s inability to enforce limits and his behavioral problems in school, according to a juvenile probation officer’s report. He also appeared preoccupied with sex during his early sessions, though that decreased in time.

Asylum: Inside Central State Hospital, once the world’s largest mental institution
The Milledgeville property is now mostly empty and falling into decay. 2,000-acres still echo with the memory of the patients who were treated—and mistreated—at Georgia’s state asylum.
http://www.atlantamagazine.com/grea...e-hospital-worlds-largest-mental-institution/

Parents routinely admonished misbehaving children with the threat, “I’m going to send you to Milledgeville!” Georgia novelist Terry Kay recalls that as a boy in the 1940s, “it was one of the few words with great power. Milledgeville. City of the crazies. It was a word of fear and mystery, a word that classified ‘funny’ people.”
<Snipped>

I read the reports, but never realized he was at Milledgeville. :shiver:

For the bank murders, I would think the suspect would have known there would be cameras and would have attempted to disguise himself. A bullet-proof vest and hair dye could make anyone look older and heavier ...

For the bank murders, I would think the suspect would have known there would be cameras and would have attempted to disguise himself. A bullet-proof vest and hair dye could make anyone look older and heavier ...

that makes sense. I think I remember an amazon review for a bullet proof vest. I would think he owned at least one.

Body heavier, yes. Face? Not likely, MOO. Also, blonde hair with 'touches' of gray? I guess it's possible but that would be a rather elaborate process to go through. Not saying it isn't possible...anything is. I just think it is unlikely that someone in their early 30's would be perceived as 20 years older. Not trying to argue, just don't see it.
Although...I would not be surprised in the least if there are many more victims of this guy to be found. I'm just not seeing this case being likely.

I spent quite a bit of time on his FB page after story broke. I saved the page with WebArchive kmowing it would likely get taken down soon. I didnt realize that site doesnt work for any sites that have pswd protection, so I didnt screenshot anything - lesson learned.

As for his posts I agree that they come off as completely normal, albiet a bit twisted at times, but notjing out of the ordinary...especially after spending a bunch of time reviewing KB & NN/C FB pages beforehand. They both had some pretty dark tendancies, even more so than what TK posted when you take his posts at face value. It wasn't until more and more details about him emerged that many posts took on a much more sinister vibe, and obvious posting patterns started to pop out.

I agree with your 9 lives theory because he said something very similar in one of the evals during his 1st arrest. His psychologist states TK told him he brought a gun to his head and pulled the trigger as the police arrived, but it did t fire and he said something about someone wanting to keep him alive and he wasn't finished yet. Then again he is incredibly smart and may have actually meant it as both! Only time will tell.

As for his friends, there were a few that really stood out for me. One, like you was the victims advocate. Two others were guys that made really off the comments - very similar to his own - to his various posts. The most interesting one though was a local Sheriff...but for what city/county I cannot remember. I do remember he was really into fishing and seemed tp have some stake in, or just really love, some fishing gear supply company. He had commented on one of the property reno pics asking TK when the shooting range was going to be ready. I thought It was either incredibly ironic or very suspect that he seemed to be such good friends with a local sheriff....one who had clearly visited his property on at least a few prior occasions, since also commented about how much progress had been made since he was last there. It is either incredibly bold of TK to bring a sheriff there, or the guy is a dirty cop. I really hope it is th former! I am pretty sure I can find the friends pages by looking through my browser history, since I opened each in a new tab to look at later instead of clicking on each right then. I will look at them again later and see if any have a jeep or if anything strange pops out.
I was able to screenshot the front page that interested me and some of the comments.
As I was going through from latest to newest the comments wouldn't load...so I knew it was going down.
When I left and tried to go back...gone.

Remember his interests listed riding motorbikes, racing.....

he left a bread crumb, but there was no way to connect him to all of this without K, and Charlie....they are the ones that drew attention, and if the perp was on LE's radar for anything, then maybe that's why they suspected his involvement.....

Just a miracle that either was found. Further miracle that Kis alive! And that Charlie's body was found. On 97 acres, without someone telling you where to dig or look, no way the bodies would have been located.

Motive on the superbike case??? Did he have engine work he wasn't pleased with? Did he rob the store? Was one a competitor against him in races? Just what was the motive to walk into that store, in broad daylight, execute each of the 4, and walk out? SMH..... it doesn't make sense, yet it happened!

The 2 other graves on the property, that would have to be recent like since he purchased the property...

And where the heck did all his money come from??? Do we have unsolved bank robberies??? How do you get out of prison, and make that much money in such a short time frame? Heck I've never been to jail or prison, and yet no way could afford 2 BMWs, 2 real estate properties, especially 97 acres, and a house on another property! then all the buildings on that property, fencing in with chain link fence 97 acres, all the tractors and equipment, the diesel drums, the shipping container....all that cost money!!! I want approx 5 acres chained linked for my dogs.....estimate was over $10K about 8 yrs ago!!

How did he do it? Even if in debt, he still had access to funds at some point. You can't just go buy 97 acres off your looks. THe house and property he lived in, that costs. Did he rent an office? Or own the office

Well he was a real estate Broker, not a salesperson. So, he would have probably made 1/2 of the commission from all of his salespeople. BUT, here is the kicker~~the market crashed in 2007, 1 year after he got his license. How did he manage to amass that kind of wealth during one of the worst real estate crisis in US history?

My thoughts exactly re: the money motive in some cases. Some articles report that the woman who was killed in the Superbike 7 shop was planning to make a deposit. And there are reports on ws's that TK had POA on some clients? Any of those go missing perchance?

I think TK will play this a lot like Bundy. He wants to represent himself for both narcissistic reasons and also for a possible appeal. He'll enjoy manipulating LE with tales of his crimes and then going on field trips only to lead LE on wild goose chases. He won't want to reveal all of his victim's placements because he will no longer have leverage. And the frequent exposure will increase his status with other inmates. To this day, we still wonder where Bundy disposed of some of the victims that he confessed to killing. I think this was a deliberate ploy to keep his 'legacy' alive (poor choice of wording).

Further, I don't believe that there was a long lapse between killings with TK. It was cathartic and thrilling for TK, IMO. He needed to satiate his lust for evil. I am in no way an expert in this field so this is MOO. He is a very evil monster and needs to be locked up forever or extinguished. At fifteen months, TK was reported to have been a problem. Nature or nurture or a combination of both? Was there history of an attachment disorder with his mother? I sure wish we understood so that we could prevent 'Brain'kenstein monsters such as TK, Bundy, et al in the future.

BBM. My thoughts also. He was at the site yesterday for what reason? He was right by the green container.. for what reason. Why did he need to go there to point that out other than a photo op. I sure do hope that LE has this wrapped up, as at the hearing, he didn't have a lawyer and hope some technicality of him not having one becomes an issue. And as stated previously, I hope that an MD ME vs. the coroner also is involved for when this comes to trial. As mentioned before, that county has a coroner iirc that doesn't require an MD. Best to have a ME who is going to be involved down the line for testimony in MANY trials and cases for their expertise and opinions :moo:

Does anyone have the google docs link that someone uploaded TKs fb profile to? I'm curious about one of the dogs he posted photo of. Looks similar to a missing dog in his area.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well he was a real estate Broker, not a salesperson. So, he would have probably made 1/2 of the commission from all of his salespeople. BUT, here is the kicker~~the market crashed in 2007, 1 year after he got his license. How did he manage to amass that kind of wealth during one of the worst real estate crisis in US history?

I think perhaps inheritance... but don't think we are allowed to sleuth the public record of his grandparents and family as to wills/probates

TK is not the typical serial killer. He killed 4 people in a matter of minutes in a spree. We know he lured K and Charlie and killed Charlie and kept K. The others on his property may or may not be linked to each other as well. I would expect that he did any others one at a time. My feeling is that he wanted to rape and kill women but he seems to be all over the place. Very very strange.

I linked an article upthread that states he was an active online daytrader. Or so he told his neighbor. Makes sense to me.

I'm only on page 32. But I just wanted to say I don't think the much more recent disappearances are the 2 on his property. I think he kept a few other women and did away w them when they outlived their purpose. So they would be previous to K. And I think they came alone. I think he didn't expect Charlie to arrive w her.

But then again this guy has proven to be a collector AND a spree killer so who knows.

BBM. My thoughts also. He was at the site yesterday for what reason? He was right by the green container.. for what reason. Why did he need to go there to point that out other than a photo op. I sure do hope that LE has this wrapped up, as at the hearing, he didn't have a lawyer and hope some technicality of him not having one becomes an issue. And as stated previously, I hope that an MD ME vs. the coroner also is involved for when this comes to trial. As mentioned before, that county has a coroner iirc that doesn't require an MD. Best to have a ME who is going to be involved down the line for testimony in MANY trials and cases for their expertise and opinions :moo:

Hadn't thought of that about him not having an attorney yesterday. I hope the county prosecutor there is a good one, or that they're getting advice from the Feds. Local prosecutors may not have much experience in trying these kinds of cases, esp. one with national media exposure. Would hate to see this monster attract some high priced legal help to get him off with a short sentence because of inexperienced prosecution. It has happened before, sadly.

I was trying to wait for the second announcement but fell asleep. Just woken this morning to.... Full whack craziness!

Didn't I tell you he would turn out to be a Ted Bundy with less charm and more force?

Of course he's representing himself. No one else would be adequately intelligent for him. [emoji849]

Get ready for a crazy ride, folks. There's definitely more than 7. And he will never, ever admit to all of his murders - he'll always search for that last scrap of control.

K, for all your horrendous ordeal, which will last for more time to come, you survived an absolute monster. You're a total badass &#10084;&#65039;

BBM

Absolutely!!! Truly an example of strength and survival! I pray that she recovers from this nightmare and gets all the love and support she needs.

Has anyone heard who the other bodies on the land might be? Seems this latest crime was sexually motivated.
The bike shop murders do not appear to be sexually motivated, but maybe revenge for a bad business deal. It was a very big case for Spartanburg, with lots of pressure on the Sheriff. Based on TK's real estate application, TK arrived in SC in 11/2001 after being released from Prison in AZ on 11/24/2001. He does look like the composite sketch. Perhaps he was trying to purchase a motorbike or wanted a job, or who knows but a dispute arose. He claims to have returned to USC Upstate in Spartansburg in 2003, also on the RE application, including his letter. I would like to know more about this confession. Would hate to find out it was a false confession either pushed by the police or created by the narcissist sociopath to make himself seem even more "important". Perhaps there is a link, that will make it obvious he did it. He was in the area, he looks like the composite, and he loves guns. He is responsible for other killings, so there is circumstantial evidence to go with the confession. If he has committed several murders for a variety of motivations, he might have shot a lot of people. Interesting that spartanburg murders did climb starting in 2003.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Spartanburg-South-Carolina.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member