Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No :(
What is wrong with me? Why, when you can see clear as day what is going on, does it still surprise and upset me to read it in print? Is that just me? Just now reading your post is my first tear spill. I guess I hoped miracle baby is out there and the press will want to see this baby who survived this incredible series of events........ and that is not going to be the case and I knew it from minute one and yet I let myself think it might be ok.
And I know it's not ok ...........

:tos: Stop disappearing OUR babies !

:grouphug: SCHMAE :grouphug:

I think many of us, even cynical members (like me) hold on to a tiny thought that a case will end well, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. And sometimes they do. Expecting the worst doesn't make us immune to the disappointment we feel when our suspicions are borne out. And hoping for the best doesn't make us naive.

I know what you mean, SCHMAE. It never gets any easier, does it? It's sad to think that the best possible outcome would be kidnapping or sold for drugs. Even though I know in my head that this baby was likely gone hours before it was even reported, its hard not to have a glimmer of hope.

And how bad is it when you actually HOPE they were sold for drugs, so there may be a chance they're alive somewhere and can be rescued ? :(

you know it sucks every single time.... part of me thinks since they never had a chance maybe its better for them to be returned to their maker rather than a lifetime of hurt :(

And how bad is it when you actually HOPE they were sold for drugs, so there may be a chance they're alive somewhere and can be rescued ? :(

Okay guys, here's an update. What some of us have said all along. So, what happened to Leaona?

"Since then, they have tried to piece together an accurate picture. Investigators say they now know that the baby's 3-year-old sibling did not open the front door and allow Leaona to crawl outside, as was originally reported to deputies.

Investigators also believe Leaona was not there when her mother arrived home at 5:30 a.m. Saturday."

http://m.wyff4.com/news/New-information-released-in-missing-baby-case/33530510

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If she was already missing when Mom arrived home, then I am very afraid that my theory might be true. I think boyfriend started calling around looking for Mom when he got suspicious that she was not home yet. When one of the sisters told him they got home at midnight, he exploded. And sweet little baby paid the price because he is an angry jealous creep. JMO

I'm right there with you schmae! I'm anxious to see how LE arrived at this conclusion though since "now they know". Somebody admitted or failed a polygraph or something!

I think when mom arrived home at 5 am, probably trying to sneak in quietly, she found a very angry boyfriend, asking her where she has been all night. They probably fought and she tried to calm him down, and so the next morning, when he told her the baby 'was missing'---she might have figured out exactly what happened?

I keep checking back to see if Leona has been found. I've been thinking about this little one a lot, not only because the timeline is so muddy and the circumstances seem so terrible, but also because this child has the same name and is not much older than my own daughter.

Please please please don't let this end up like poor little Ellorah or Jenise. I have a feeling that it will, unfortunately.

If she didn't get home until 5am, I think there's several hours she's unaccounted for. The family party evidently broke up early due to the wedding being the next day. Another sister was getting married.

(I said before midnight, but I think sister said 10:30 - 11:00.)

So, theories on how Leaona was taken/removed from the apartment? What was mom doing till 5:30 am? What does the 3 year old really know? Gah! I feel so sorry for her as well. Being blamed, probably seeing something, not understanding why baby sister isn't home.

Thank God the mother of boyfriends kid/kids filed for child support or boyfriend would/could be out now possibly covering up evidence. What happens if boyfriend serves the jail time for the child support and sweet cheeks still hasn't been found? What can they hold him on then?

Who files for child support depends on many circumstances. In many states if a child is receiving assistance of any kind the state automatically files for support and if it is not paid through the state a hold order is issued. This gives police the ability to incarcerate the parent responsible.

Thank God the mother of boyfriends kid/kids filed for child support or boyfriend would/could be out now possibly covering up evidence. What happens if boyfriend serves the jail time for the child support and sweet cheeks still hasn't been found? What can they hold him on then?

Who files for child support depends on many circumstances. In many states if a child is receiving assistance of any kind the state automatically files for support and if it is not paid through the state a hold order is issued. This gives police the ability to incarcerate the parent responsible. I have seen folks released from a hold when the mother says to do so. I don't think he's going to come up with 5K any time soon.

Who files for child support depends on many circumstances. In many states if a child is receiving assistance of any kind the state automatically files for support and if it is not paid through the state a hold order is issued. This gives police the ability to incarcerate the parent responsible. I have seen folks released from a hold when the mother says to do so. I don't think he's going to come up with 5K any time soon.
6k or 120 days jail time. I don't even know if they get gain time in that county jail.
On Tuesday, Family Court Judge David Phillips sentenced Jones to 120 days in the Anderson County Detention Center for failing to pay $5,981.44 in child support to an Anderson woman who is the mother of his daughter, court records show.
http://www.independentmail.com/news/strategy-changes-in-missing-baby-case_42819627
Edit: Ok, I checked and they do get time off.
Usually, a prisoner in the Anderson County Detention Center will be given time off in exchange for good behavior if they don’t break the rules and don’t cause any problems while incarcerated.
http://prisonhandbook.com/3496/anderson-county-detention-center-anderson-sc/

I'm assuming LE and prosecutors are hard at work trying to find enuff probable cause to arrest him, if that's where the case is taking them. But arrest for what? What could they have? Anything? Kidnapping? Dunno. They may have something... And they have talked to him, if I read the thread correctly.

:waiting:...And so we wait... and hope he stays in jail for a while longer...:waiting:

They should arrest him for 'stupidity' for making up that ridiculous story that Leona 'crawled out of the apt. on her own'....

I don't think the detectives care about the child support issue. I think they just want to keep him on ice while they look for this sweet baby girl. JMO

I don't think the detectives care about the child support issue. I think they just want to keep him on ice while they look for this sweet baby girl. JMO

I think you are very right!!!!
I've known dads that owe $125,000 in back child support, even if they have a warrant out they don't go knocking on doors to track them down. I even know personally of a man that owes about $7500, has a warrant & got pulled over for speeding, cop ran his name, knew he had a warrant for a non violent offense, gave him a ticket & told him to get all of it taken care of cuz next time he might no be so lucky to get a cop in a good mood! Ain't that some BS?!?!?
And with the circumstances of this case, if LE really 100% felt he had nothing to do with her disappearance & that he was truly upset & maybe didn't have the background wrap sheet he does, they probably wouldn't of arrested him. MOO.

DSS just took the other children.
http://www.independentmail.com/news/dss-takes-custody-of-missing-babys-siblings_82466479

Two siblings of the 1-year-old Pendleton girl who has been missing since Saturday were placed in protective custody Thursday by the South Carolina Department of Social Services.

Leaona Wright’s 3-year-old sister and 6-year-old brother are being cared for by foster parents, according to DSS spokeswoman Marilyn Matheus. She did not provide any additional information about the children.

Leaona and her sister A’riel were staying with their mother, 22-year-old Kiara Sullivan, and her boyfriend, 33-year-old Travis Jones, in an apartment at the Edgewood Square complex on Cherry Street in Pendleton. Authorities investigating Leaona’s disappearance said Thursday night that they were previously unaware that Sullivan has a 6-year-old son.

I'm watching a show right now where a 1 year tried to pull himself up with a shelf and it fell on top of him. The same thing happened with my son when he was starting to walk. They grab something to lift themselves up on.
Maybe there was an accident and they panicked.

(I took my baby to the doctor right away and he was fine. Then Doc explained to me how rubbery little kids bones are. I'm still side-eyeing that kid even though he's an adult now,)

DSS just took the other children.
http://www.independentmail.com/news/dss-takes-custody-of-missing-babys-siblings_82466479

Two siblings of the 1-year-old Pendleton girl who has been missing since Saturday were placed in protective custody Thursday by the South Carolina Department of Social Services.

Leaona Wright’s 3-year-old sister and 6-year-old brother are being cared for by foster parents, according to DSS spokeswoman Marilyn Matheus. She did not provide any additional information about the children.

Leaona and her sister A’riel were staying with their mother, 22-year-old Kiara Sullivan, and her boyfriend, 33-year-old Travis Jones, in an apartment at the Edgewood Square complex on Cherry Street in Pendleton. Authorities investigating Leaona’s disappearance said Thursday night that they were previously unaware that Sullivan has a 6-year-old son.

Wonder where this 6 year old was?! If he was with his bio dad, there wouldn't be a reason to take him, right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55
Back