Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:facepalm::notgood::liar: is all I can say about that eye roll...Mom is definitely on something. What in the :cursing: did he/she/they do with this child?

He is not a POI. While we can all imagine what the story is here, we cannot discuss it in that fashion. His arrest is unrelated and the police have listed no POI, so off limits.
And :welcome:

Thank you for letting me know he's not POI yet.
And thank you for the welcome :)

I noticed in one of the videos Kiara said, "If any of ya'll have a heart, please bring her to me." (I think I remember that verbatim).

She seems to think Leona is in the hands of more than one person? Anyone else get that impression?

And now she doesn't want to speak to the media. I really, really think she's been leaking hints as to what LE thinks happened and
I suspect LE asked her to not speak to media so as not to harm investigation. Otherwise, as a mom, I can't imagine why she won't continue using media to ask for information from the public.

I feel so sad for this family.

Thank you for letting me know he's not POI yet.
And thank you for the welcome :)

I noticed in one of the videos Kiara said, "If any of ya'll have a heart, please bring her to me." (I think I remember that verbatim).

She seems to think Leona is in the hands of more than one person? Anyone else get that impression?

And now she doesn't want to speak to the media. I really, really think she's been leaking hints as to what LE thinks happened and
I suspect LE asked her to not speak to media so as not to harm investigation. Otherwise, as a mom, I can't imagine why she won't continue using media to ask for information from the public.

I feel so sad for this family.

Maybe she's pretty sure what happened, like we all are, but hoping against hope it's as bad as she's thinking, like we all are and imagining some mysterious POI handed the baby off to friends and she's safe somewhere.

While we have a lull here, I would like to take a minute and thank Los2188 for starting the thread for this case as well as MANY others. Lately, I have been wondering how many cases would go by the wayside if Los did post a thread for our missing. Thank you, Los! You are not only amazing with your commitment to helping those who are lost, your sense of humor is priceless! We need a break from the horrors we see unfolding on WS and seeing things like, "Red, white, & blue represent freedom until they are flashing behind your car" is the laughter that I know I need!

Maybe she's pretty sure what happened, like we all are, but hoping against hope it's as bad as she's thinking, like we all are and imagining some mysterious POI handed the baby off to friends and she's safe somewhere.

ETA, too late to edit this post, I meant to say mom is hoping it's not AS BAD as she thinks and there is some miracle waiting to happen that leaves Leona safe.

I live in the same region as the case of this missing girl, Our sunday paper mentioned that LE are now questioning the details they were given to start the case. LE now does not believe Leona's 3 yr. old sister opened the door for her to crawl outside nor do they believe the child was home when mom got home around 5:30 p.m. . Mom got home, 4 hrs. pass then she realizes her babies gone, calls 911 claiming she found door open. I hope they gave Leona to someone else to live with but I doubt it.

ETA, too late to edit this post, I meant to say mom is hoping it's not AS BAD as she thinks and there is some miracle waiting to happen that leaves Leona safe.

I think we all knew what you meant. :)

I have a hard time getting past mom saying Leaona "was a sweet baby" though. It doesn't mean she did anything bad but it sure seems like she knew/knows something. And this:

When Gaither asked Sullivan about waking up to the open door, she said: "I don’t want to talk about that. I just want them to bring her, that’s what I'm worried about. I want her with me. Don’t matter the condition. It would give me closure if I could see her."

http://www.wyff4.com/news/deputies-search-for-underway-for-missing-1yearold-toddler/33436546
http://www.wyff4.com/news/missing-childs-mother-makes-emotional-plea-full-interview/33462684

Remember, all that was early on - like two days after Leaona went missing. We now know mom admitted there was no waking up to an open door so why were she and her boyfriend screaming at the three year old (as per the neighbor's statement during the 911 call) for leaving the door open?

She said she lied because she was scared - which is different from her saying it was because that's what the boyfriend told her.

Neither mom nor boyfriend have been charged with anything but what I've read so far in msm leaves me scratching my head. I wish we knew the last time Leaona was seen alive by someone else. :(

Hello, this is my first ever post and I'm a bit nervous I may screw something up. But I am going to try not to :)

I have been following this case since it started and yeah, it has sounded hinky to me from jump street. I think the boyfriend is responsible and mom knows that for sure but maybe doesn't know the details or she does know the details and is 1)covering for him because she's "in luv" or 2)is not telling what she knows out of fear whether that be because he directly threatened her about the case or she is scared based on her prior experience with him. I don't know. But I feel strongly that she knows considering her speaking of her child in the past tense so soon. I have seen parents of children who have been missing for months or years, long after public opinion is that the child is deceased, still refuse to refer to their child in the past tense. My little sister passed away in April (not a victim of crime) and it was weeks before my mind would refer to her in past tense. I knew she was deceased but out of habit alone it was me referring to her in the present for a while afterward. Anyway, I know I haven't added any new thoughts to this but just wanted to say hello and voice that I care about Leaona and pray she is found safe regardless of how unlikely that is looking right now.

:wagon: Bombshelltonight! It's nice to meet you.

Don't be nervous, we were all newbies once. I agree with what you wrote and feel the same. :( too many babies go 'missing', some never found. I hope that Leona will be found.

I'm sorry to here about your sister, the loss of a child has to be the hardest. :grouphug:

:wagon: Bombshelltonight! It's nice to meet you.

Don't be nervous, we were all newbies once. I agree with what you wrote and feel the same. :( too many babies go 'missing', some never found. I hope that Leona will be found.

I'm sorry to here about your sister, the loss of a child has to be the hardest. :grouphug:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, it means a lot!

Thanks also for the condolences, it has been very difficult. She was 23 years old and a beautiful girl, she was my best friend. It's really hard for me, I can't imagine how my parents *really* feel. They try to be strong and all, they have custody of her 5 year old son so, they have to keep it together for him but yes, it has to be tearing them up inside every day.

Hello, this is my first ever post and I'm a bit nervous I may screw something up. But I am going to try not to :)

I have been following this case since it started and yeah, it has sounded hinky to me from jump street. I think the boyfriend is responsible and mom knows that for sure but maybe doesn't know the details or she does know the details and is 1)covering for him because she's "in luv" or 2)is not telling what she knows out of fear whether that be because he directly threatened her about the case or she is scared based on her prior experience with him. I don't know. But I feel strongly that she knows considering her speaking of her child in the past tense so soon. I have seen parents of children who have been missing for months or years, long after public opinion is that the child is deceased, still refuse to refer to their child in the past tense. My little sister passed away in April (not a victim of crime) and it was weeks before my mind would refer to her in past tense. I knew she was deceased but out of habit alone it was me referring to her in the present for a while afterward. Anyway, I know I haven't added any new thoughts to this but just wanted to say hello and voice that I care about Leaona and pray she is found safe regardless of how unlikely that is looking right now.

:welcome:
Welcome, BombshellTonight! Totally agree with you! So sorry to hear about your little sister!

:welcome: I love your nickname ! Oh boy, do we pass that phrase around here in some threads. I think you're spot on with your 'guessing' . Sorry for your loss :(

I really want this baby found and treated with respect . Even if she has passed she deserves to be found and buried with love . So sad that there is no news .

I really want this baby found and treated with respect . Even if she has passed she deserves to be found and buried with love . So sad that there is no news .

Agreed. I find it amazing that people who are seemingly so dumb (Leaona's parents, Haleigh Cumming's caretakers, etc) can get away with what they have done and hide a body so well that it goes undetected through intense searches for even a day. Obviously, I am not assuming that the search for Leaona will continue to be unsuccessful for years as in Haleigh's disappearance and I pray that isn't the case. But again, the fact that she hasn't been found yet even after this amount of time is astounding to me. I guess "street smarts" count for a lot when it comes to criminal activity and hiding a missing child... smdh.

Any news, locals?

I fear the church shooting will overshadow Leaona's disappearance. Don't get me wrong, what happened is absolutely terrible and there needs to be some focus on it however, the survivors are getting treatment and the perpetrator has been apprehended whereas we still have a baby possibly alive somewhere still missing so, I hope all of this chaos does not hinder people from being aware of Leaona's case and getting the word out to look for her, etc.

Thank you BombshellTonight for a great first post!

I'm so sorry about the loss of your sister. So sad...

So glad to have you here! Welcome to WS!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back