Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just stumbled upon this update, I haven't searched anything else yet, but here is something as of today. I don't know if this is just an update on the site or not.
UPDATE 6/21/15 - A neighbor told police that Leaona's sister saw her by a car and that someone had picked her up and drove off according to a 911 recording that The Greenville News received.

"She's telling somebody else now that when she looked outside her little sister was by — it's a car right here in the mixed breezeway complex — that she was right here but somebody picked her up," the woman said to the dispatcher.

Police believe that Leaona was actually taken from the apartment before her mother came home that morning, and the 3-year-old did not open the door.
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2015/06/1-year-old-leona-wright-may-have.html

Perhaps the 3yr old did see Leona there , at another time, earlier in the week. So she may be telling the truth but it just happened at a time that has no relation OR that could be exactly where Leona is. If some ' person' took her then I would have to assume that ' person' was friends of any unnamed POI and took the baby at unnamed POI's request to remove any evidence.

And btw, I'm ready for LE to name a POI !

I have to agree with other posters. My feeling is that the sibling was told to say that OR she is referring to an unrelated day, etc when she saw her little sister outside with someone. The only other explanation I could think of would be that the boyfriend did something to Leaona that night and then called a friend/relative to come get the evidence aka body however I find that less likely. I just imagine putting myself into a killer's shoes that if I killed someone, I would want to clean up and dispose of the evidence myself so that I knew it was done right... I could be wrong about that and maybe he did call someone to come get her body though...

Since children services took the 3 yr old & the 6 yr old from the mother or grandmother, would a social worker or LE question the 3 yr old about that night & if she saw the bf do anything to her sister? Or question her about other going ons in the household?

Surprisingly enough, even a police officer called someone to help him move a body. Can't remember names but the woman he killed was pregnant and had a toddler son who told that his mommy was in a rug. Think it was in canton ohio

Surprisingly enough, even a police officer called someone to help him move a body. Can't remember names but the woman he killed was pregnant and had a toddler son who told that his mommy was in a rug. Think it was in canton ohio

So true, you are right. It definitely is a possibility. I guess I imagine I would be too freaked out they would either a)take the body straight to the cops or b)just not do a good job of hiding it. However, I suppose if the mom really was not in on this and he was home alone to babysit when this happened, he may have needed someone to come remove the evidence for him as he did not have a car but also, he had the 3 year old there and possibly thought his girlfriend would return at any minute so, he may have been scared to leave the home to do anything with the body himself as his girlfriend would potentially figure it out if he were gone and also be pissed he left her kid home alone. The scenario the 3 year old described seeing could actually make a lot of sense now that I think more about it so, I retract my earlier thought on that matter. Thanks for pointing that out and making me explore that aspect further.

So true, you are right. It definitely is a possibility. I guess I imagine I would be too freaked out they would either a)take the body straight to the cops or b)just not do a good job of hiding it. However, I suppose if the mom really was not in on this and he was home alone to babysit when this happened, he may have needed someone to come remove the evidence for him as he did not have a car but also, he had the 3 year old there and possibly thought his girlfriend would return at any minute so, he may have been scared to leave the home to do anything with the body himself as his girlfriend would potentially figure it out if he were gone and also be pissed he left her kid home alone. The scenario the 3 year old described seeing could actually make a lot of sense now that I think more about it so, I retract my earlier thought on that matter. Thanks for pointing that out and making me explore that aspect further.

Yes, since we don't know what time this went down, we don't know how much time POI had to dispose of the body. I have had to face reality about that last sentence. From the interview on Nancy Grace, the cousin verified that the wedding rehearsal started at 7. It ended at 10 and Mom supposedly called to check in with the kids and let boyfriend know she was going out afterwards. Boyfriend says kids are fine and it was ok for her to go out. He/she/they HAD to have access to a vehicle. The city dump has been ruled out, dogs searched ONLY within 3/4 of a mile. Did POI wait til the 3 year old was asleep and take the chance she wouldn't wake up? Did this poor child have to witness this horror? That makes possibly 3-5 hours. I can do a Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk in 45 min. Add in panic for doing the unthinkable and who knows how far POI could go. I just hope, with my heart of hearts, this poor 3 year old can forget with time. Ugh, that was a dark post.

I have children in this age range (a 7month old and a 3.5 year old) and I'm calling b.s. on the story of the three year old opening a door and letting the 1year old out. My son (3.5) knows better than to open a door without one of us close by. He tells me about everything "sissy" is doing. It's the nature of a 3 year old to be chatty and narrate situations. "Sissy crawling. Sissy messing with my blocks. Sissy crying" etc. I have a really hard time believing the 3 year old would see their sibling go out a door and not tell anybody Also on that note, I think it's borderline neglectful that nobody heard the 3 year old open the door. Yes, mistakes happen, but how do you just not notice a door open for however long?! Does the 1 year old sleep throughout the night? My kids both still get up at various times to be tended to (feeding, nightmares, water) so you would think the boyfriend would have opportunities to notice the child wasn't in the home and the door was open.
IF that poor 3 year old did see something though, I'm not sure they would know something is wrong, depending on situations they have been exposed to prior. Example: I'm not sure my 3.5 year old would see blood and know what it was. He would likely think finger paint or something similar b/c he has never saw violent movies/situations in real life. Is it possible the child saw something but didn't understand what they saw? What if the baby was strangled- they child might just think it was a big bear hug (I'm sick just writing this comment already, ugh). Or even if they did recognize something bad had happened, human survival instincts may have pushed that memory wayyy into the back of their mind, forgotten, or placed in the bad dream category. I have a hard time believing that if the 3 year old witnessed something that they aren't talking about it though, even if it's with limited vocabulary and understanding. "Somebody gave sissy big hug then she quiet. "Somebody got paint on sissy" "Sissy asleep after bath". My son would be speaking his truths b/c it's the nature of that age to tell all about their little lives.
I'm sorry if these things have already been discussed at length. With two small babes I don't have time to keep up 100% on this thread, but this is just my 2 cents based on my experience with kids in the age range of the two involved in this case. Hinky is an understatement, I think we all agree there. We don't know what the 3 year old is saying to LE but I hope they are listening for the right clues and asking the questions in a way the 3 year old could understand. I have faith they are but nothing surprises me anymore. Lastly, that age group doesn't know how to keep a secret if they don't want to, you can't threaten or convince them to stay quiet.
My heart goes out to mom and the family in this case. I've been wrong plenty of times before, but I don't think she was involved, quite possibly in denial sure, but not a part of the scheme. I know we can't point fingers but I think LE is building a case, holding their unannounced POI, and waiting for a body to surface. Sick Sick Sick!!! Going to hug my littles and cry now.

The only way I can see the 3 year old really letting the baby out and then not telling OR can see the 3 year old witnessing something violent happen and not telling in some way is if the 3 year old has some sort of neurological/developmental delay. I think of this because my 4 year old is autistic and would do all of the above and never say a word about it. He is verbal but he just doesn't really speak unless spoken to or asked super specific questions and even then, what he says can't be super trusted because he is very easily led or suggested (he will say "yes" to questions when we both know the answer is actually no such as "do you have a dirty diaper?") Anyway, I am not sure the media would know if the 3 year old had any of these issues because so little info seems to have been given by the police about this case but I also realize it's a far off possibility and most likely the story about the 3 year old opening the door is complete non sense.

If the 3 year old is protective and knows daddy will "punish " the baby ...she wouldn't say a word !

Why is there like, no media coverage about this case as there usually is with missing kids? I mean, this is a baby... WTH? I have my suspicion as to why but I could be wrong-any one have any ideas that I may not have thought about as to why there is little to no interest from MSM in this baby's disappearance? Thanks.

Why is there like, no media coverage about this case as there usually is with missing kids? I mean, this is a baby... WTH? I have my suspicion as to why but I could be wrong-any one have any ideas that I may not have thought about as to why there is little to no interest from MSM in this baby's disappearance? Thanks.

I'm going to be brutally honest ... It's because she is not white and/or from some upper middle class family. MSM is notorious for letting the stories involving the poor black community to just fall by the wayside. This is a huge problem in our country that everyone seems to be aware of but no one is doing anything about it.

I am sure it doesn't help that the family is kind of a hot mess and everyone is thinking the same thing but just has no evidence to be able to print it. We all know this baby did not leave that house on its own and we all know this baby was deceased prior to the 911 call. We just have no evidence.

I'm going to be brutally honest ... It's because she is not white and/or from some upper middle class family. MSM is notorious for letting the stories involving the poor black community to just fall by the wayside. This is a huge problem in our country that everyone seems to be aware of but no one is doing anything about it.

I am sure it doesn't help that the family is kind of a hot mess and everyone is thinking the same thing but just has no evidence to be able to print it. We all know this baby did not leave that house on its own and we all know this baby was deceased prior to the 911 call. We just have no evidence.

Thanks, Slashkiss. Your first paragraph is exactly what I was thinking as to why. I feel like even though there is no new info, if this were a white missing kid, the press would be doing extensive articles on the family's background, social media presence, detailing what the mom wore on the first day of middle school, interviewing the kid who sat behind the dad in 3rd grade, etc.

It shouldn't make a [insert swear word of your choice here] bit of difference what colour the baby is - she is a missing, innocent child who didn't ask to be born, especially to that family.

Damnit this world makes me so cross sometimes!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back