Found Deceased SC - Misty Johnson, 39, Greenville, 12 September 2013 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in Greenville and am astonished that we haven't heard anything else on this poor woman's whereabouts. We have seen nothing since 10/16 on the TV, radio or newspaper. What is going on? Last week I had lunch at the Carolina Ale House and I asked two people if they had heard any news. They both were unresponsive. I sent an email to the #1 TV station in Greenville and received no response. I did speak to a news director at another station and she indicated that they have not been able to get any information from LE, the family or friends. Greenville has had some recent crime activity and this missing persons case is suspicious.

The fact that the family hasn't come forward is really strange. I'm sure LE has them afraid to speak.

If nothing else, you might imagine that the news would put something out saying that they had no leads but were still searching for information or something. What could cause this silence?

I live in Greenville and am astonished that we haven't heard anything else on this poor woman's whereabouts. We have seen nothing since 10/16 on the TV, radio or newspaper. What is going on? Last week I had lunch at the Carolina Ale House and I asked two people if they had heard any news. They both were unresponsive. I sent an email to the #1 TV station in Greenville and received no response. I did speak to a news director at another station and she indicated that they have not been able to get any information from LE, the family or friends. Greenville has had some recent crime activity and this missing persons case is suspicious.

The fact that the family hasn't come forward is really strange. I'm sure LE has them afraid to speak.

If nothing else, you might imagine that the news would put something out saying that they had no leads but were still searching for information or something. What could cause this silence?
I would hope the family wouldn't just be silent after all this time. I wouldn't. I sent an email to WYFF on 10/3, to do an update on Misty and they ignored me as well. It's nuts. I think your date should be 9/16 not 10/16. But you are soooo right. The Ale House should have poster up I think. The only person who spoke out was one friend and one cousin and that was way back when. eek

:welcome: Budzilla! :welcome:

I agree that the suppressed info. regarding Misty is unsettling! :what:

:seeya:

Does anyone know what area of Greenville she lives in? If her car was found nearby pretty quickly/noticed quickly, I'm thinking it can't be the rougher side of town near Easley...? I am just curious because Greenville goes from city to rural so quickly. Someone mentioned her street on the first page of this thread, but not the name, and I didn't see it in any of the links.

If my google-fu is correct using Greenville County online court records (and she still has the same address as in January), she lived maybe 10-15 minutes away from this bar unless she drove back streets home (if she did that, say, 15-20 max, depending on what the traffic light patterns are on Woodruff on the way home, I've never missed a red light there!).

If the address is correct, this place she lived was a free-standing house, in a neighborhood. I think she would have noticed someone following her long before she got home and it would have been really easy to call the cops or even to find one just driving around. I've driven Greenville at night, and at that time of night, it would have been dead; there would have been cops and maybe if they're still doing repaving on 385 at night, I don't know, maybe some construction workers out.

This leads me to believe that whomever was with her might have already been at her house or might have broken in after she got home -- perhaps was watching her and waiting for her. I just don't think she was followed, it would not be easy to follow someone home from near Haywood Mall to south of both Woodruff Rd. exits without being noticed no matter which route she took.

(I don't live in GVL, family members do and I used to live in a nearby town, so sorry if some of this info is not quite up to speed with GVL stuff!)

I hope this helps somewhat. This is totally MOO and JMO and all that, but I'm guessing since her address in January 2013 was so close to Woodruff Rd businesses, they must have easily found her car there, and it is not far from her house, if I assume correctly that she lives in the same place. just one more MOO for good measure!

Today is the one month mark on Misty's disappearance. There has still been no information forthcoming from the news or police. Unacceptable!!

Why is everyone so quiet?? If this was one of my family members you better believe I'd be notifying every news station, every newspaper and every source of media I could find to get the word out and try and find her! I would NOT be quiet! I'd be screaming until somebody heard me and helped me find her. I understand that following leads and investigating takes time but why is it that some of these cases we read about here on WS are all over the news, tons of posts are made on the threads and lots of people and law enforcement diligently search for the missing person while others don't get any attention at all? I'm just really pissed and frustrated right now!

Im wondering if maybe she did leave on her own? She is an adult and if LE found her and she asked them not to tell where she is they would have to do that. Only reason I can think of for this much silence. Not one person even created a missing fb page for her. Another possibility she checked herself in somewhere at a hospital. Maybe she needed to check out for awhile. idk

with there actually being a missing persons report filed for her if she had been located and had requested her whereabouts or any other info not be given, the LE would still make a statement that she'd been located and no further info would be forthcoming at the adult's request..

at least this is how I have seen this situation handled in any other cases where a missing person was found(whether they were actually located or whether they contacted LE stating they were of their own free will and did not wish to be located).. in that case the LE close the case/missing person investigation and release a generic statement saying the person is of their own free will and does not wish for their location to be disclosed..end of case, end of subject..

again that's what I have seen in every other case where a missing person was found to be intentionally "missing" and was in no danger.. I truly believe if that were to be the case here with Misty that we, too would have a similar, generic statement released to the media by LEA that is handling her case..

Forgive me for saying this. I don't normally write much on here, but I've been reading a lot of comments on this case from many people here. Understand this, please...my only desire is for this beautiful woman to be found along with many others. I admit, I have not heard about this young woman in the media and such. It is a shame it hasn't been pushed and brought to the public's attention...but let me just say this...and again, my goal is your goal, but remember this feeling of frustration that this case hasn't been brought to the public's attention the next time you hear others complain because their child is missing and the media doesn't seem to care or cover it much and that child's skin happens to be dark...or they may not be as physically beautiful as this young gal or many others (ie Jennifer Kesse). Hopefully this will help others really understand each other and I pray that she and everyone else is found. :) Thank you.

Forgive me for saying this. I don't normally write much on here, but I've been reading a lot of comments on this case from many people here. Understand this, please...my only desire is for this beautiful woman to be found along with many others. I admit, I have not heard about this young woman in the media and such. It is a shame it hasn't been pushed and brought to the public's attention...but let me just say this...and again, my goal is your goal, but remember this feeling of frustration that this case hasn't been brought to the public's attention the next time you hear others complain because their child is missing and the media doesn't seem to care or cover it much and that child's skin happens to be dark...or they may not be as physically beautiful as this young gal or many others (ie Jennifer Kesse). Hopefully this will help others really understand each other and I pray that she and everyone else is found. :) Thank you.

As a mom and a grandma I have such a burden for all families that have a loved one missing regardless of sex race looks or economic status .No family should have to go through that kind of pain. I wish I had the ability to bring them all home. People would love to have the publicity but no one seems to want to talk about this case. I havent even heard about a vigil. I really dont understand why they arent using this opportunity. :(

Im wondering if maybe she did leave on her own? She is an adult and if LE found her and she asked them not to tell where she is they would have to do that. Only reason I can think of for this much silence. Not one person even created a missing fb page for her. Another possibility she checked herself in somewhere at a hospital. Maybe she needed to check out for awhile. idk

This leads me to believe not that friends and family know she's left on her own (because of the strange way her back door was open, it was the middle of the night, etc), but that they suspect she may be no longer living, IMO.

If I had to hedge my bets, I would say it's probably someone she knows and I bet GPD is sitting on it, waiting for evidence.

I'll email WYFF and ask them to ask GPD again, or maybe Fox Carolina. Fox Carolina would probably ask, they have that whole hour at 10 to fill and boy do they get to talking about ridiculous things sometimes. Don't count on Greenville Online/The Greenville News to report anything about it, if PD won't talk.

:welcome: Los! :wagon:

:seeya:

This leads me to believe not that friends and family know she's left on her own (because of the strange way her back door was open, it was the middle of the night, etc), but that they suspect she may be no longer living, IMO.

If I had to hedge my bets, I would say it's probably someone she knows and I bet GPD is sitting on it, waiting for evidence.

I'll email WYFF and ask them to ask GPD again, or maybe Fox Carolina. Fox Carolina would probably ask, they have that whole hour at 10 to fill and boy do they get to talking about ridiculous things sometimes. Don't count on Greenville Online/The Greenville News to report anything about it, if PD won't talk.

The perp could be someone her family and friends also know and thats why its staying so quiet.

At the address per Greenville County courts, that house is 2 houses away from a huge neighborhood pond. It doesn't appear that LE is searching for her, but that might be a good place to look, if they were?

I had an opportunity to speak to a LE officer today. I asked him about the missing woman case. He said that there wasn't much information. I asked him if she had been found and he said no. He said that the detective handling the case had several leads.
No other information was forthcoming. Nothing, nada, zip from the local news.

I had an opportunity to speak to a LE officer today. I asked him about the missing woman case. He said that there wasn't much information. I asked him if she had been found and he said no. He said that the detective handling the case had several leads.
No other information was forthcoming. Nothing, nada, zip from the local news.

thank you... I really don't understand the silence. But maybe they're just the kind of people who keep stuff to themselves and don't feel the need to use social media.

I sent an email to WYFF as I stated a few posts back. No response. I sent one to FOX Carolina on Sunday, to the reporter who wrote the last article, and no response back on that yet either.
I looked for FB pages for her friend who said she was going to keep looking, and said she knew there was a problem when she didn't text back. Nothing I could find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back