Found Deceased SC - Misty Johnson, 39, Greenville, 12 September 2013 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sent an email to WYFF as I stated a few posts back. No response. I sent one to FOX Carolina on Sunday, to the reporter who wrote the last article, and no response back on that yet either.
I looked for FB pages for her friend who said she was going to keep looking, and said she knew there was a problem when she didn't text back. Nothing I could find.

I never heard back either.

It's a big weekend for the upstate coming up (for those who don't follow, ESPN's College Gameday is coming back to the upstate for the Clemson-FSU game). I expect there's more focus on that than asking GPD for more info. :(

I'm very surprised that by now, someone would have reported something in the press, online or through the radio or tv. Also, the number of posts on Websleuths concerning this case have rapidly dwindled. I have tried to understand what could be the reason that Ms. Johnson's friends and family, law enforcement, and the media continue to say nothing about her disappearance. I don't know much about her, but I have come up with the following potential reasons for her disappearance and the absence of information:
1. She left on her own for some personal reason and she has done a very good job of covering her tracks and maintaining her silence or
2. She is involved in a witness protection program and has been relocated or
3. She was involved in some type of illegal activity and has been abducted and the friends and family don't want to reveal this to the public or
4. She has been abducted and the leads point to LE or some influential person or
5. She has been abducted and LE has come up without leads and have frightened the friends and family into not saying something.

I recall the Skype interview on Fox Carolina news with her cousin, Charlie Morrow in Arkansas shortly after the disappearance, who said that she would personally come to Greenville to find out what happened and that she'd bring the whole family if need be.

Since then, we've heard nothing else. What could have kept her from following through and saying something to the news.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

I'm very surprised that by now, someone would have reported something in the press, online or through the radio or tv. Also, the number of posts on Websleuths concerning this case have rapidly dwindled. I have tried to understand what could be the reason that Ms. Johnson's friends and family, law enforcement, and the media continue to say nothing about her disappearance. I don't know much about her, but I have come up with the following potential reasons for her disappearance and the absence of information:
1. She left on her own for some personal reason and she has done a very good job of covering her tracks and maintaining her silence or
2. She is involved in a witness protection program and has been relocated or
3. She was involved in some type of illegal activity and has been abducted and the friends and family don't want to reveal this to the public or
4. She has been abducted and the leads point to LE or some influential person or
5. She has been abducted and LE has come up without leads and have frightened the friends and family into not saying something.

I recall the Skype interview on Fox Carolina news with her cousin, Charlie Morrow in Arkansas shortly after the disappearance, who said that she would personally come to Greenville to find out what happened and that she'd bring the whole family if need be.

Since then, we've heard nothing else. What could have kept her from following through and saying something to the news.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

I personally lean towards the last.

The reason is because I think if her family was angry and desperate for answers, they would be in the media. SLED would have investigated. I haven't seen anything on that.

I also think the media wouldn't be completely done covering it if it was some illegal activity. Again, Fox Carolina used to cover the most inane stories when I watched (:blushing: It was my morning show of choice, back in the day) and I just don't see them letting a story like this go since they have so much air to fill in the morning and at 10pm. The upstate and western NC just aren't that big ;)

To me, though, it also makes the most sense. They may be trying to get evidence/probable cause to arrest the perp, who is likely someone she knows.

I am amazed that there is nothing being reported
Where is this woman?

I was reviewing some posts this morning and looked at the 1st post on this case which contains a video segment from Fox Carolina news where they interview Misty's cousin, Charlie Morrow.
I didn't look at the comments listed below the news article earlier but was surprised to see a comment from Charlie Morrow, which I show below.

Charlie Morrow
8:15 PM Sep 17

Misty does NOT drink and drive! She was home, then went missing AFTER arriving at home. Truck was abandoned. Not found disabled. There is far more to the story, not being released by GPD at this time. Alcohol DID NOT PLAY A FACTOR. Please DO NOT, put this disappearance, in the lap of the victim.

This rules out any discussion that LE is without leads.

The question I have is why are they not releasing more information
You never know what may trigger a memory

Some LE are just hometown boys with hometown attitudes and don';t believe the public can help in any way so they keep everything close to the vest. Not because they have a clue, often because they don't.

I personally lean towards the last.

The reason is because I think if her family was angry and desperate for answers, they would be in the media. SLED would have investigated. I haven't seen anything on that.

I also think the media wouldn't be completely done covering it if it was some illegal activity. Again, Fox Carolina used to cover the most inane stories when I watched (:blushing: It was my morning show of choice, back in the day) and I just don't see them letting a story like this go since they have so much air to fill in the morning and at 10pm. The upstate and western NC just aren't that big ;)

To me, though, it also makes the most sense. They may be trying to get evidence/probable cause to arrest the perp, who is likely someone she knows.

I am leaning toward the last "category", as well...
I believe it is someone she and her family and friends know...

and that LE is"on to it".... But needs to cross all t's... Dot all i's... And be sure they have all the evidence needed for an arrest/conviction...

But... I reserve the right to change my mind should contradicting evidence appear... :)

But... I would still appreciate receiving some "tid-bits" of info... To know that Misty is being looked for ... And that justice is served if she met with foul play...

JMO...

I was reviewing some posts this morning and looked at the 1st post on this case which contains a video segment from Fox Carolina news where they interview Misty's cousin, Charlie Morrow.
I didn't look at the comments listed below the news article earlier but was surprised to see a comment from Charlie Morrow, which I show below.

Charlie Morrow
8:15 PM Sep 17

Misty does NOT drink and drive! She was home, then went missing AFTER arriving at home. Truck was abandoned. Not found disabled. There is far more to the story, not being released by GPD at this time. Alcohol DID NOT PLAY A FACTOR. Please DO NOT, put this disappearance, in the lap of the victim.

This rules out any discussion that LE is without leads.
Yep, I had seen his comments early on as well..
>>>below is my earlier post re:CM's comments<<<
Posted below is a link to one of the newest articles about Misty.. Attention to what appears to be comments made by the cousin(CM posting under his name) that's been vocal in the media about Misty.(One of his comments is presently the 2nd one down in the comment column under the below linked article).

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/23...or-answers-in-greenville-womans-disappearance

<modsnip> removed specific details of news article comment. Per TOS you can only direct others to comments under articles, but cannot post any info/details from any comment itself
IMO its with little, to no doubt that LE have a prime suspect, but are not publicly stating such..

I was very, very hopeful at the time I posted the above info re:CM's comments, but sadly it appears as tho, as I later shared was my fear, in that LE may indeed "know" exactly who/how Misty was "disappeared"(IMO abducted/murdered), but "knowing" and "proving" in a court of law are two totally different things.. Especially considering the extremely disheartening fact that Misty still remains not yet located(and sadly I do believe it is a body that LE are searching for, rather than an alive Misty:()

It certainly seems as tho were no clothes found on/around the remains..IMO further lending credence to there being no clothes on/around the remains is the fact that they were unable to in any way discern male/female.. I say that due to it being relatively easy to discern such just by the undergarments found on/around skeletal remains(admittedly I could easily be wrong about my assumption here re:clothing)..but just something that immediately came to mind upon reading the above article..

It does sound as tho there was nothing at all found with the remains that would even give the slightest clue as to the identity.. I am hopeful however about the teeth likely being a huge help in identifying the victim(at the above link they seem to imply that the teeth have dental identifiers that can be easily matched up against the dental records of the persons missing from this area).. This IMO will have very quickly led investigators to this victim's identity..IMO quite literally within hours of their having collected the remains they will have cross checked with those known missing like, Misty..

IMO if these remains are that of Misty I believe its very possible that this cross check with the dental identifiers of the skeletal remains could have already been identified as matching Misty's dental records or not(and there is zero doubt in my mind that with Misty having been a dental hygienist that she absolutely has recent/complete dental records on file that have long since been turned over to LE)..

All jmo, tho.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

These remains were found Wednesday, and I guess they have to locate dental records to compare. I am looking to see if there are any other missing people from the area. I live 20 miles from here and this county is large, and somebody could come from surrounding counties very easily and do this. However, this is a rural area and I can't imagine somebody knowing this place was here if they didn't know this area.

Could any locals give us an idea how close this location of the found remains is to Misty's house and work?

TIA...:seeya:

Wouldnt they have found a decomposing body if it was Misty? She hasnt been missing long

Local lady who lives on the road said it's not a place you just wander on to and people use the area to dump TV's and tires. It's close by the interstate though. LE said on the same report that remains could have been there as long as a few weeks to a few months. This was on the news tonight and their website has not put info on yet. He also said they have a person they were looking to compare dental records to. They have called a lady in who will check the bones for injuries.
Misty worked at Carolina Ale House and there are two. I have no idea which one she worked at, but one is about 3 miles from there, and the other is almost 10 miles from there. I don't know where she lived to compare it. Maybe I can find that.
I guess this is all rumor until I can post a link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back