Found Deceased SC - Misty Johnson, 39, Greenville, 12 September 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it's the same one I found, I didn't link it just because as, CMac says, it was pretty locked down and didn't seem to add anything.

Guess they arent organizing searches or much of anything going on. This silence is very weird. Seems family and friends would be asking for help to find her.

They aren't saying ANYTHING. Nothing at all. It is very strange.

Misty Johnson Missing: Fear Grows As Woman's Car Found By Home
Posted: 09/16/2013 3:54 pm EDT | Updated: 09/16/2013 4:05 pm EDT

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/16/misty-johnson-missing_n_3936580.html

from link==> Morrow said police have a "male suspect" in Johnson's disappearance, but declined to elaborate.

This article says that Johnson is also a dental hygienist...(in an interview with Misty's friend)....

Could her work as a dental hygienist some how be connected to her disappearance?

:dunno:

Have we heard any interview with her ex-husband?

:waitasec:

You won't be able to see much of anything on there. It's locked down pretty tight.

True. No reason to link it, really.

I'm still a little baffled over the quietness of it all. Sure hope there's resolution soon for her family and friends.

2 weeks and its almost as tho this never even happened as far as there being even the tiniest bit of ongoing reporting, updates, info, searches, pleas, etc, etc.. I do realize that the family/loved ones of Misty's most likely are only following the guide of the LE working the case and often times that means they are for some reason being discouraged from speaking out, making pleas via the media, organizing searches, etc..

The question is why?

While, yes, in some cases this is appropriate due to the fact the LE have very strong indicators(likely including evidence) that has led to their "knowing" exactly who is responsible, and sometimes even "knowing" what it is that happened to the victim, yet do not know where the perpetrator has hidden and/or disposed of the victim.. Therefor LE is working toward having the evidence necessary to "prove" what it is that they already "know"..So, if these are the dynamics with which this LE is working I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind discouraging the family/friends from all of the necessary actions that keep the victims face/name/story in the forefront of the media/public(tho, to be perfectly honest IMO there are very, very few reasons for NOT encouraging family/friends to publicly do all they can..as truly there is no real negative for keeping the case alive/fresh, whereas IMO there are an overwhelming amount of negatives that can come from NOT keeping Misty's case alive/fresh in the media/to the public)..

All too often when we are hoping that the deafening silence and lack of progress, publicly is indicative of LE having a tight case and working behind the scenes to ensure their ducks are in a row before making an arrest..or announcing a POI/Suspect... Unfortunately so many times we later learn that this hopeful assumption could not have been more wrong and inaccurate regarding LE's progress of a missing person/homicide case and that the silence was deafening due to the fact that they were left with little to no idea of what/when/how a victim had been abducted and/or murdered...:sigh:

As I already mentioned IMO there just really are no negatives that can come from the family/friends aggressively keeping their loved one's face/name/story in the media/public..especially while the victim remains "missing".. IMO the negatives can only come from NOT having aggressively kept the victim's name/face/story in the forefront of the media/public..

**and just to be clear I am in no way criticizing Misty's loved ones, as I said they are most likely only following the guide of the LE investigating Misty's case.. I just know how imperative it is to keep a case in the forefront of the public, especially if the answers are not clear to LE and the case is to drag on indefinitely with Misty still remaining "missing"**

@smoothoperator, thank you thank you! I am local to this case and I have tried to find out about searches or doing posters, and nobody knows who to contact. I have only seen her cousin speak out the one time in the news, and her friend said they are flooding social media with her pics. If there are posters, I haven't seen any in the areas I go to. Not to say there are none. The PD initially asked for help in finding her, but it was more of a "if you see her, let us know" thing. Poor woman!

Search for missing Greenville woman goes national
Sept 20-13

A neighbor said she was shocked to learn of Johnson's disappearance. Royce Lawrimore said Johnson asked to use her phone a couple of weeks ago.

"She said she was trying to help a friend get home because she didn't want him to drive and at the time, I didn't have my phone on me in the house, so she went elsewhere," Lawrimore said.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-new...21945732/-/wdbtncz/-/index.html#ixzz2g36zqq6o

Crazy. You would think if she is still missing they would want to keep her name out there. Even if they have a suspect they still need to find her. I couldnt even find a fb page about her missing.
Same here sophiebelle. I keep looking and nothing.

A neighbor said she was shocked to learn of Johnson's disappearance. Royce Lawrimore said Johnson asked to use her phone a couple of weeks ago.

"She said she was trying to help a friend get home because she didn't want him to drive and at the time, I didn't have my phone on me in the house, so she went elsewhere," Lawrimore said.
http://m.wyff4.com/news/police-sear...man/-/17443906/21945732/-/59re7l/-/index.html

Admittedly the above likely has no bearing on Misty's disappearance, but I did find it unusual.. It just seems strange to me that Misty was in need of finding a ride for her friend that she obviously felt was in no shape to drive himself(tho, we aren't given the reasons, IMO one would assume it was due to impairment/under the influence)..

What would have left Misty in a position of having to rely on the assistance of neighbors for use of their phone to contact help/assistance in getting her friend a ride home??.. To me this just seems very, very odd especially for someone who is known to use her cell phone continuously(texting, posting to SM, communicating w/friends/fam)...

Yet here she is at her very own residence, but for some unknown reason has no cell or home phone available her(understandably she likely doesn't have a land line)..but still nevertheless here she is, at her own home, and is in the company of a friend to whom she is attempting to arrange for him a safe, ride home..yet she has no means available her at that time to make that call..leading to her having to go around to neighbors homes asking could she use their phone to make that call for her friend a safe, ride home...????..

So, her phone is inaccessible, or not in working order??.. IMO, strange due to the fact that again she is at home so, if the phone were dead, battery depleted she would have simply plugged into the charger and made the call... So, IMO that leads me to believe that its likely that:
A) she did not have her phone in her possession(ie.had left it somewhere, or someone had taken it)
B) her phone was not in working order for reasons more serious than a depleted battery(ie.it just so happened that her cell quit working..or possibly someone had intentionally broken the cell or otherwise somehow rendered the phone unusable at that time)

While yes, both of the above are possibilities and do happen, but then to go it a step further what about the fact that she had another individual with her at her home, the friend who was impaired to a degree that Misty felt was unsafe to be driving his vehicle home.. So, do we assume that this friend, too is for some reason or another without a working phone as well??

Again, yes that, too is possible and does happen, but IMO it just seems like a very big coincidence that both of these individuals are for some reason or another left without access to their phones..this leading to Misty's having to reach out to several(as in one or more) neighbors to ask to use their phones in order to arrange a safe, ride home for her impaired, phone less friend..

I just am not sure what to make of it as it just for some reason is giving me pause as to just how many variables are involved in the situation that would have lead to Misty's reaching out to several neighbors that day/night(would be curious as to the time of day/night that this occurred)..

IMO I am left thinking that its most likely that Misty may have been unable to drive as well as they were at her home and IMO therefor her vehicle likely was there at her home..also from the neighbor's account IMO it appears as tho the impaired friend's vehicle was also there at the home as Misty does say that she doesn't want the friend to drive home and this is why she's attempting to make arrangements for a safe ride home for the friend.. This IMO implies the friend's vehicle was there and thus where Misty's concern came into play in not wanting the friend to drive his vehicle home..

Is it possible that this "friend" was somehow attempting to manipulate the situation into his needing to stay there at Misty's home??..

This is jmo, of course but I believe its an important issue as to who this friend was.. Maybe, maybe not.. But there's something strange about the entire situation with this impaired friend and this was only within days of her disappearance.. I'd definitely be thoroughly investigating this avenue..jmo, tho!

http://m.wyff4.com/news/police-sear...man/-/17443906/21945732/-/59re7l/-/index.html

Admittedly the above likely has no bearing on Misty's disappearance, but I did find it unusual.. It just seems strange to me that Misty was in need of finding a ride for her friend that she obviously felt was in no shape to drive himself(tho, we aren't given the reasons, IMO one would assume it was due to impairment/under the influence)..

What would have left Misty in a position of having to rely on the assistance of neighbors for use of their phone to contact help/assistance in getting her friend a ride home??.. To me this just seems very, very odd especially for someone who is known to use her cell phone continuously(texting, posting to SM, communicating w/friends/fam)...

Yet here she is at her very own residence, but for some unknown reason has no cell or home phone available her(understandably she likely doesn't have a land line)..but still nevertheless here she is, at her own home, and is in the company of a friend to whom she is attempting to arrange for him a safe, ride home..yet she has no means available her at that time to make that call..leading to her having to go around to neighbors homes asking could she use their phone to make that call for her friend a safe, ride home...????..

So, her phone is inaccessible, or not in working order??.. IMO, strange due to the fact that again she is at home so, if the phone were dead, battery depleted she would have simply plugged into the charger and made the call... So, IMO that leads me to believe that its likely that:
A) she did not have her phone in her possession(ie.had left it somewhere, or someone had taken it)
B) her phone was not in working order for reasons more serious than a depleted battery(ie.it just so happened that her cell quit working..or possibly someone had intentionally broken the cell or otherwise somehow rendered the phone unusable at that time)

While yes, both of the above are possibilities and do happen, but then to go it a step further what about the fact that she had another individual with her at her home, the friend who was impaired to a degree that Misty felt was unsafe to be driving his vehicle home.. So, do we assume that this friend, too is for some reason or another without a working phone as well??

Again, yes that, too is possible and does happen, but IMO it just seems like a very big coincidence that both of these individuals are for some reason or another left without access to their phones..this leading to Misty's having to reach out to several(as in one or more) neighbors to ask to use their phones in order to arrange a safe, ride home for her impaired, phone less friend..

I just am not sure what to make of it as it just for some reason is giving me pause as to just how many variables are involved in the situation that would have lead to Misty's reaching out to several neighbors that day/night(would be curious as to the time of day/night that this occurred)..

IMO I am left thinking that its most likely that Misty may have been unable to drive as well as they were at her home and IMO therefor her vehicle likely was there at her home..also from the neighbor's account IMO it appears as tho the impaired friend's vehicle was also there at the home as Misty does say that she doesn't want the friend to drive home and this is why she's attempting to make arrangements for a safe ride home for the friend.. This IMO implies the friend's vehicle was there and thus where Misty's concern came into play in not wanting the friend to drive his vehicle home..

Is it possible that this "friend" was somehow attempting to manipulate the situation into his needing to stay there at Misty's home??..

This is jmo, of course but I believe its an important issue as to who this friend was.. Maybe, maybe not.. But there's something strange about the entire situation with this impaired friend and this was only within days of her disappearance.. I'd definitely be thoroughly investigating this avenue..jmo, tho!
All intriguing thoughts, Smoothie!

Additionally... I wonder if Misty was trying to attempt to reach out to friends to drive the person home...

Or... Maybe really wanting to call LE about her situation... (Which would, in truth) help this impaired person leave her home, too)...

Just wondering... No facts to base it on...

All intriguing thoughts, Smoothie!

Additionally... I wonder if Misty was trying to attempt to reach out to friends to drive the person home...

Or... Maybe really wanting to call LE about her situation... (Which would, in truth) help this impaired person leave her home, too)...

Just wondering... No facts to base it on...

I am thinking along similar lines as you and Smooth.
An abusive drunk can wreak havoc in a normal life-the person can turn in a second and all of the sudden you are with a monster. I can easily imagine many scenarios where Misty was reacting and reaching out for some help.

This is such a sad set of circumstances. I hope that Misty will be found very soon.

jmo

I wondered about the phone thing too. Crossed my mind this person was drunk and took her phone away from her to keep her from calling anyone. Perhaps this person is their suspect. jmo

I have been talking to other people we worked with. NOTHING. Nothing at all.

Unbelievably sad and frustrating!!! Why is there not a push for this woman to be found and justice served on her behalf!.. Why?!?.. Believe me her case does indeed have the qualities that allow for it to be "played out thru the media"(and yes, its sad but true that only certain cases "qualify" for the type of media push/coverage that missing person's families dream of having)..IMO all MP cases deserve to have media spotlight, but unfortunately the reality is that's just not how it works..

Misty's case has those qualities that media are looking for in their choosing which cases to give unlimited coverage to.. So, I really wanna know why in the hell-o this is not being aggressively pursued by Misty's loved ones??.. If it is due to the LEA investigating the case having for some reason discouraged their seeking public attention..well, I hate to say it but if thats the case I am going to have to say that I very much disagree and believe that nothing negative can come from her loved ones aggressively keeping Misty's name/face/story in the media, AT THE VERY LEAST UNTIL SHE HAS BEEN FOUND!

Misty needs to be found and IMO pushing for coverage of her case is very much a necessity to increase the chances of finding her.. The longer Misty remains "missing", the greater the chances become of her never having justice served on behalf of what crimes have been committed on her(and sadly I do believe its very likely this beautiful, kind, and loving woman's life was taken within hours of her going missing).. I want to ensure justice is served and every day that passes with her still not yet found just makes the chances slimmer and slimmer of ever seeing that justice come to fruition..

All jmo.

**Please forgive the limitations that come w/my posting via mobile ATM**

The last thing I read mentioned that LE would not say where the car was found, nor would they answer any media questions. I'm local to this and the news media has just moved on to something else. If this was my family member, LE would have to move over while I soke with the media and told what I knew. If there was a good eeason, then ok, but she's still missing and there's nothing known. The local LE is very good at being quiet. A young man was shot around that area, and he was 15, found in his friend's back yard. LE would not even tell the victim's mother what happened and she was on TV begging. After about 8 or 9 days, they finally said they had arrested said friend who was a juvie.But everybody was wondering if there was a killer on the loose, when LE knew that day what happened. Same thing with muggings and shots fired in the very busy park. Wouldn't say a word about what happened for days. Hmmm

I, too, am wondering why Misty's case is being so abnormally hushed!

Being admittedly jaded... I cannot help but wonder if there is someone connected to this case who is "high profile"..... And, therefore, is influencing the media coverage...

I am not accusing any one or any organization of wrong doing (yet)...

but.... Who knows?

JMO

:bump:

bumping for Misty...

where are you, Misty???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads