SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHzk0L6UEAApD32.jpg

Cathy retweeted
David Sentendrey ‏@DavidFox46 25m25 minutes ago

These two are credited with calling police after spotting #DylannStormRoof driving. #CharlestonShooting @FOX46News

CHzpJKbWsAAHToN.jpg

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8m8 minutes ago

#CharlestonShooting victims official list w/ages

Thanks Queen Bee for all the lovely pictures and stories of the innocent lives lost. :rose:

Oh, they are going to rename the library after librarian Cynthia Hurd who died.

Cathy retweeted
Matt Alba ‏@mattalbaWCBD 13m13 minutes ago

BREAKING: Immediately following Charleston County Coroner's presser on victims. We were evacuated for a threat.

(queenie note: unbelievable!)

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 13m13 minutes ago

Charleston County building where coroner was speaking is now being evacuated due to a threat. #CharlestonShooting

'Lets hold all these victims' families in our hearts'

'Let's bring the one responsible to swift justice'.

'God bless you'.

(Council chief)

Cathy retweeted

BREAKING: Immediately following Charleston County Coroner's presser on victims. We were evacuated for a threat.

Charleston County building where coroner was speaking is now being evacuated due to a threat. #CharlestonShooting

Infuriating! Again???

CHzpsPJXAAI2nEH.jpg

Audrina Bigos ‏@AudrinaBigos 10m10 minutes ago

Dylann Roof being taken out of Shelby Police Department. #CharlestonShooting

CHzqajQWUAApkjj.jpg

Cathy retweeted
Audrina Bigos ‏@AudrinaBigos 8m8 minutes ago

Close up of #DylannRoof being taken out of Shelby Police Deptartment. #CharlestonShooting

The justice system here has arrested a suspect in less than 24 hours, the same system arrested the officer that shot the other man in the back and charged him immediately.
Where are you getting your info? It doesn't mesh with what I know to be true.
All MOO

According to the news media, this young man was detained numerous times in the recent past for a variety of serious offenses. He had threatened people in the past. He'd been found with illegal drugs, controlled substances, yet his only punishment was probation. If a young black man had engaged in the same kind of threatening criminal activity in that area, he would have been jailed for a long time.

The killer gave many clues, was a known drug user for many years who talked in racist terms about others. Apparently that didn't raise any red flags in that community. It doesn't speak well for them.

CHzqajQWUAApkjj.jpg

Cathy retweeted
Audrina Bigos ‏@AudrinaBigos 8m8 minutes ago

Close up of #DylannRoof being taken out of Shelby Police Deptartment. #CharlestonShooting

I'm mad that he seems to be wearing a bullet proof vest. I feel bad for saying that but still😔

According to the news media, this young man was detained numerous times in the recent past for a variety of serious offenses. He had threatened people in the past. He'd been found with illegal drugs, controlled substances, yet his only punishment was probation. If a young black man had engaged in the same kind of threatening criminal activity in that area, he would have been jailed for a long time.

The killer gave many clues, was a known drug user for many years who talked in racist terms about others. Apparently that didn't raise any red flags in that community. It doesn't speak well for them.

As per what is known so far he just this year had a record. Yes, it's wrong that he said he was gonna kill people and Noone did nothing however people didn't take him seriously. It happens, regardless of race.

He hasn't been found guilty I know, but if he is...I really don't think Roof will do well in prison. I guess nobody likes it, but looking at him I just think he'll find it very difficult indeed.

Cathy retweeted

:mad:

And he keeps getting in trouble with the law, but is never given serious jail time? Actually, I'm not surprised. I have family who moved to this general area about 25 yrs ago. Some of them left, saying it was a horribly racist, corrupt place. The rest I have no relationship with, as they turned into virulent conservative racists. Sad, really, what that area does to normal people who move there.

From what I understand, the justice system there is very corrupt. If you're white and your family has lived many years in the area, you're pretty much immune from punishment.

Wow.
Actually, I'm not surprised. I moved away from this general area about 10 years ago. Sometimes I want to leave the north where I am now, as it can be a horribly corrupt place. I have few relationships with the locals, as they are virulent crooked extortionists. Sad, really, what this area did to this normal, intelligent person who moved here.

From what I've witnessed firsthand, the justice system both here and there can be very corrupt. There, if you're RICH and your family has lived many years in the area, you're pretty much immune from punishment. Here, if you are of a certain few ethnic backgrounds or are friends, family or coworkers of the coincidentally racial-minority liberal government, you're pretty much immune from punishment.

We pick our poisons. I'd rather live anywhere in the US, each with its own set of problems, than in some other options in this world for now.

He hasn't been found guilty I know, but if he is...I really don't think Roof will do well in prison. I guess nobody likes it, but looking at him I just think he'll find it very difficult indeed.

And I find that totally disgusting.

Cathy retweeted
Aaron Katersky ‏@AaronKatersky 4m4 minutes ago

#CharlestonShooting suspect #DylannRoof waived extradition and is cleared to return to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper