SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The term insane is from the ' insanity defense' . I agree with you and have a family ripe with every kind of mental disorder and yet NONE have taken another life. Legally speaking there is a threshold of 'legally insane' and to cross that takes a lot more than 'this guy must have a mental illness' to have committed these crimes. I also wanted to add that someone addicted to drugs can have lots of drug induced behaviors that can mimic some mental disorder behaviors , so even if he acted off in a certain way would not necessarily classify him as ' legally insane'.
It's easy to say 'one must be mentally ill to do these things' and yet most who do these things are not at all mentally ill. I always think of Andrea Yates when insanity defense comes up. She did not run from the police. She did not attempt to cover her tracks or hide evidence.

It is common for most of these mass murderers to have serious documented mental issues in their background but as you say they are not declared mentally ill by judicial standards.

Even if he has a documented history of mental illness he will not be found to be mentally ill (legally insane) when it comes to the court system.

IMO

according to the coroner's presser, i am missing information on two victims..........

Rev. DePayne Middleton - a victim :rose:

Suzie Jackson, aged 87 - a victim :rose:

i do apologize that i do not have more information on these victims but will certainly post it as i find it..........

thoughts and prayers to the families and loved ones of all nine of the victims of this vicious and senseless crime :rose: :heartbeat:

David Owens ‏@DaveOwenssports [video=twitter;611614697821995008]https://twitter.com/DaveOwenssports/status/611614697821995008[/video]
This lady behind #cnn reporter keeps yelling "all white people are terrorists" just sad...cmon lady don't b ignorant #CharlestonShooting

See that is what I am so afraid of........I don't understand why some have to paint an entire race with the same wide brush. Saying such ridiculous things only incites and that sure isn't needed at this time. The same lady would be furious if a white person said all blacks are terrorists and rightly so.

IMO

... he just stayed in his room a lot of the time,” Cowles said.
“He used drugs heavily a lot,” Mullins said. “It was obviously harder than marijuana. He was like a pill popper, from what I understood. Like Xanax, and stuff like that.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...church-shooter-gun-birthday-article-1.2262393

..bragged last week about his plans to "kill a bunch of people," sources said.
He flat out told us he was going to do this stuff," said Scriven

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...church-shooter-gun-birthday-article-1.2262393

And nobody was alarmed, they thought nothing of it.
He reminds me of Sandy Hook shooter, loner, outcast, weirdo, personality disorder if not mental illness very likely.,

Whether he hated blacks or not, that's secondary , dude himself like a walking disaster.

Sent via Tapatalk

according to the coroner's presser, i am missing information on two victims..........

Rev. DePayne Middleton - a victim :rose:

Suzie Jackson, aged 87 - a victim :rose:

i do apologize that i do not have more information on these victims but will certainly post it as i find it..........

thoughts and prayers to the families and loved one of all nine of the victims of this vicious and senseless crime :rose: :heartbeat:

NOT meaning to take away from any other victim, but dayum! 87 year old lady! She's lived 87 years, goes to bible study on a typical Wednesday night........

He's not crazy. He's a terrorist.

In any event, I'm sure you guys have talked about it but who rewards their criminal son with a gun?

Also, these white supremacists have this fantasy of starting a "race war". Even people who harbor bias toward other groups would find mowing down worshippers while pretending to pray with them, absolutely disgustingly evil.

What a monster.

Finally, why does the monster have a little boy's 90's haircut?

He looks like a goofball to me. Reminds me of the Sandy Hook mass murderer.

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 6m6 minutes ago

Coroner: #CharlestonShooting victims range from a state senator to a library regional manager. http://cnn.it/1QFnuHE

Glad he was arrested. Besides that I'm just sad that race is an issue in 2015. As a Latin momma to 3 biracial children (one adopted)this hurts my heart.
Evil people kill!

Is releasing all names.
Cynthia Hurd, 54. Library manager
Susie Jackson 80
70??
26 Taiwonda Sanders 26
rev Sheronda 45
Myra Thompson

I couldn't keep up :(

'All suffered gunshot wounds'.

No plans for memorial yet.

enhanced-31801-1434656106-6.jpg

Rev. Depayne Middleton - a victim :rose:

Depayne Middleton, 49, was also one of the victims of the shooting, coroner Rae Wooten confirmed at a press conference on Thursday. The minister was a mother of four daughters. She sang in the church’s choir and spoke at the pulpit with Rev. Pinckney, The Post and Courier reported.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicasime...-of-the-charleston-church-shooting#.rmZMWylaW

I'm not sure if the woman speaking at presser actually the coroner? Onto questions now.

Coroner says it is going to take time to release the bodies. Wants to be very careful.

'When I got the first call last night...my first thought when my deputy called me,I thought it was going to be a prank....then my heart sank'

She is speaking of firefighters who died some years ago? Brought it all 'flooding back'.

5 staff worked all night long yesterday at coroner office.

RIP precious souls. We will honor your memory every day that we rail against racism and hate. So thankful the perp has been captured!

'autopsies...very complex in light of the judicial process' Coroner says they already had full schedule before this tragedy so they will need time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo