SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10958030_10155338840040258_6586308040816516503_o.jpg

Tywanza Sanders, 26 - a victim :rose:

Tywanza Sanders was a recent graduate of Allen University in Columbia and had most recently been working at a barber shop.

“He was a quiet, well known student who was committed to his education,” Dr. Flavia Eldemire, vice president of Institutional Advancement at Allen University, said in a statement.

“He presented a warm and helpful spirit as he interacted with his colleagues.”

Sanders graduated from the university’s Division of Business Administration in 2014.

Tessa Spencer, a reporter and anchor for local ABCNews4 told BuzzFeed News that Sanders had worked at a barber shop with her brother and that she last saw him two days ago.

“I saw him two days ago and said ‘see you later’ and he said ‘bye Miss Tessa,’” Spencer said.

According to Spencer, Sanders died while trying to save a family member. “They said he jumped in front of his aunt or grandmother,” Spencer said. That family member was also killed in the shooting, she said.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicasime...-of-the-charleston-church-shooting#.ux6k6wg36

Myra Thompson, 59 - a victim :rose:

Myra Thompson was the wife of reverend Anthony Thomspon, who is a Vicar at Holy Trinity REC. The church confirmed the death in a tweet Thursday.

ACNA @The_ACNA

Pray for the Rev. Anthony Thompson, Vicar, Holy Trinity REC (ACNA) with the killing of his wife, Myra, in the #CharlestonShooting #Anglican
10:00 AM - 18 Jun 2015

ACNA @The_ACNA

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicasime...-of-the-charleston-church-shooting#.lm3ZbEKBb

Coroner to hold a presser shortly on CNN

enhanced-17480-1434647759-1.png

Cynthia Hurd - a victim :rose:

Cynthia Hurd, a librarian, was killed in the shooting, the Charleston County Public Library (CCPL), confirmed Thursday.

Hurd worked at the public library for 31 years and was serving as the manager at St. Andrews Regional library since 2011.

“Cynthia was a tireless servant of the community who spent her life helping residents, making sure they had every opportunity for an education and personal growth,” the CCPL said in a statement.

The CCPL closed all 16 of its locations to honor Hurd and all the victims of the shooting.

“Her loss is incomprehensible,” the CCPL said.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicasime...-of-the-charleston-church-shooting#.ux6k6wg36

Good Lord...

How. Just how.

My heart just hurts for the victims and their families. I just want to say, "I am so sorry." I am so sorry this has happened.

What a beautiful lady. How could that kid be in their bible study with them for any amount of time and then do this.

Logic, there is none.

And he keeps getting in trouble with the law, but is never given serious jail time? Actually, I'm not surprised. I have family who moved to this general area about 25 yrs ago. Some of them left, saying it was a horribly racist, corrupt place. The rest I have no relationship with, as they turned into virulent conservative racists. Sad, really, what that area does to normal people who move there.

From what I understand, the justice system there is very corrupt. If you're white and your family has lived many years in the area, you're pretty much immune from punishment.

The justice system here has arrested a suspect in less than 24 hours, the same system arrested the officer that shot the other man in the back and charged him immediately.
Where are you getting your info? It doesn't mesh with what I know to be true.
All MOO

Sad, really, what that area does to normal people who move there.
Um, no. Anyone who can so easily have his/her mind changed about the way the world works, is not a "normal" person. Those same "normal" people would've just as easily been corrupted or indoctrinated into whatever culture they were submerged in. Such weak-minded people are easy targets for cult and terrorist group recruitment. You can't blame geography for that.

They were all wonderful people with lives devoted to making positive change in their community. The world lost a great group of people last night.

Eerily similar to Adam Lanza.....JMO

Ethel Lee Lance, 70 - a victim :rose:

A sexton at the church who had worked there for more than 30 years was killed in the attack, her family confirmed to media outlets.

“I’m lost, I’m lost”, her grandson, Jon Quil Lance, told The Post and Courier as he waited outside the trauma center of Medical University Hospital where the victims were being treated. He said his granny was “the heart of the family.

“She’s a Christian, hardworking; I could call my granny for anything. I don’t have anyone else like that,” he told The Post and Courier.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicasime...-of-the-charleston-church-shooting#.jy0oMp20M

Daniel L. Simmons, 74 - a victim :rose:

Simmons, a ministerial staff member at the church, died in the shooting, his daughter, Arcelia Simmons confirmed to ABC News.

She said that Simmons attended bible study every Wednesday.

BuzzFeed News spoke to Simmons’ son, Daniel Simmons Jr., who said, “I’m doing very well with the grace and peace that god has planted.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicasime...-of-the-charleston-church-shooting#.jy0oMp20M

Heartbreaking to see/hear the victim information. So many good people lost to an act of hate. Senseless. :tears:

Words cannot express what is in my heart right now. Sending prayers of love and support to all...

Am also tired of hearing that all these acts of violence causing the loss of multiple lives has to be due to mental problems. Hate is a real problem. I think it is learned very early in life.

I could not agree more!

Agree completely and I don't care if the acts causing his arrests were non-violent. You don't give your child a gun as a present after he has been arrested for a crime. That was a very bad decision. Very bad parenting!!!

He would have found a weapon from somewhere else. He was bound and determined to murder these people. These type hell bent on murder always manage to find a weapon. I am sure his parents had no clue he would turnout to be a mass murderer. As far as I can tell he didn't have any violent crime convictions. Although I thought it was his Uncle who purchased the gun for his birthday. Millions of young men and women in their 20s own legal firearms. The vast majority never do what he has done nor do they ever harm anyone just because they own a firearm.

And he was 21 years old and would have been legally able to buy a weapon on his own.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member