SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking. He was growing something on somebodys land. Pot maybe?
Maybe so. I just know that shrooms grow out of cow patties, so that was my first thought.

Margaret Baker retweeted
FOX & Friends ‏@foxandfriends 18m18 minutes ago

"Hate does not have a color." MLK Jr's niece, @alvedaking, weighs in on #CharlestonShooting http://bit.ly/1QFrFDf

Click link from tweet below to see printed updates:

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 3h3 hours ago

#CharlestonShooting gunman said he was at the church to shoot black people, official says, citing witnesses. http://cnn.it/1LgBzHO

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk

From site: A law enforcement official says witnesses told them the gunman stood up and said he was there "to shoot black people."

Oh dear. It cannot be the case that, being asked to get a job at 21 and not being able to, Roof has blamed it on black people taking 'his' work? Not ever realizing (I'd guess) he wasn't getting work because he was, frankly, a little weird?

Let's be honest, the US economy and job market is terrible and has been for a very long time, with no hope for improvement in sight. Wages are shrinking. Jobs are shipped overseas. By all means, this is no excuse for going on a murderous rampage. But its common knowledge that societies with poor economies become very unstable. Crime and violence rise, along with racism, xenophobia and a host of other hate related problems. People need food, shelter, health care, meaningful employment that provides them with at least a minimum of sustenance.

We need good paying jobs and economic growth returned to the US. Until that happens, these problems are only going to get worse. But for now, our country is sick, very sick. And its only going to get worse.

suboxone is used to treat opiate dependency - there ya go.

When he was arrested at the mall for the weird questions - when they searched him is when they found the suboxone. There is a drug history here folks - just watch.....

I wonder if there's a way to help young men get a handle on their anger, preferably BEFORE they take it out on other people. We see the same thing over and over again: young man feels cheated by society, bottles up a huge amount of rage about it, releases it by shooting a bunch of helpless people who never did a thing to him. WHY?? Why don't they channel their anger more productively? In a country where it's really possible to move around and get a fresh start--why not do it?

You can say "mental illness" but that doesn't mean anything. Most mentally ill people aren't violent.

As far as mental health goes, it seems most people who commit murder have something missing upstairs. Idk if I will ever understand how people actually think of and then do these types of things.

There's crazy enough to commit crimes, and then there's crazy to not even know that you are doing something wrong.

As for is this a hate crime, I think LE and others are literally calling it that, so I'll take they're word for it. Also the jacket kind of screams it.

I think the US has a mental health issue more than a gun issue. Make getting help for your mental issues free or very cheap. The weapons are only the tip of the iceberg.

So blatantly obvious here.

Second shooting victim named:

"The president of Allen University in Columbia confirmed that a second of its alumni, in addition to state Sen. Clementa Pinckney, is among the victims killed in the shooting.

A statement from university president Lady June Cole names Tywanza Sanders, of Charleston, as one of the dead. He was a 2014 Allen graduate in business administration."

More at: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/article24842710.html#storylink=cpy

I think the US has a mental health issue more than a gun issue. Make getting help for your mental issues free or very cheap. The weapons are only the tip of the iceberg.

I agree. Guns aren't the problem. It's the mentality of the gun owner. Someone who is mentally unstable or criminal minded should never be in possession of a firearm. I was born and raised in the south. It was and is still an oddity to me to hear of a gun free home. I've never known anyone to use one for anything other than protection or for sport.

Ah, you know what ? I wonder if he wanted to go spend the hour in prayer, etc. in an attempt to ' get his heart right ' prior to doing this? **speculating** But its' weird he sat there an hour before killing and did not just do it when he walked in.

To know he sat there for an hour is bone chilling to me knowing he knew all along he was going to murder these good Christian people. It really gives a glimpse into his mind set and what can be seen is nothing but pure hatred and evil.

It is such a sad tragic day for our entire country and for people of all races. When senseless things happen like this it affects everyone.

I don't understand why he felt he had to do this. These people were totally innocent. Through his pure hate and ignorance he has made it even harder on race relations which have really been taking a big hit lately anyhow. I will never understand how anyone thinks violence solves anything. Violence always makes things worse.......

My heart is broken for the families of the loved ones who died at the hands of a man filled with so much hate. Good decent people murdered due to the hate in the heart of the heartless.

Our daughter and her husband attended one of the prayer vigils in Charleston held this morning. She said everyone in Charleston is reeling and are so grief stricken by what has happened.

IMO

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83810328/

(excellent timeline at the above link)

9:56 A.M.
Cynthia Hurd, a library manager, was among those killed in Wednesday's attack, according to her employer, Charleston County Public Library.

She is the second of the nine victims in the shooting at Emanuel AME Church to be publicly named.

"Cynthia was a tireless servant of the community who spent her life helping residents, making sure they had every opportunity for an education and personal growth," the library said in a statement.

"Her loss is incomprehensible, and we ask for prayers for her family, her co-workers, her church and this entire community as we come together to face this tragic loss."

Hurd had worked for the county library for 31 years, and became manager of the St. Andrews Regional Library in 2011.

To honor her, the library said, all 16 branch locations were closed Thursday.

Previously, authorities had identified only pastor and state Sen. Clementa Pinckney among the victims.

I wonder if there's a way to help young men get a handle on their anger, preferably BEFORE they take it out on other people. We see the same thing over and over again: young man feels cheated by society, bottles up a huge amount of rage about it, releases it by shooting a bunch of helpless people who never did a thing to him. WHY?? Why don't they channel their anger more productively? In a country where it's really possible to move around and get a fresh start--why not do it?

You can say "mental illness" but that doesn't mean anything. Most mentally ill people aren't violent.

OK, I agree about mentally ill. Maybe mentally disturbed would be more appropriate for people like this.

I think part of societies problem is that boys aren't allowed to be boys anymore. They're not allowed to fight on the school grounds, etc. Yet, those same schools no longer have a true PE class where these kids can take out some aggression. When I was in school, kids were still allowed to drive to school with a gun rack in the cab of a pick up truck. No one got shot. If there was aggression, the boys fought... the old fashioned way with fists.

Link? If you do not know how, we can help you. It took non-tech me a while to get the hang of it.

[video=cnn;us/2015/06/18/charleston-church-shooting-suspect-caught-police-brief.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/index.html[/video]

Very easy to find a link too -- just google 'dylann roof wanting to shoot black people'.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/charleston-south-carolina-shooting/index.html
"A law enforcement official says witnesses told them the gunman stood up and said he was there "to shoot black people.""

If you prefer Fox to other MSM -
http://fox17online.com/2015/06/18/d...e-name-suspect-in-charleston-church-shooting/

OK, I agree about mentally ill. Maybe mentally disturbed would be more appropriate for people like this.

I think part of societies problem is that boys aren't allowed to be boys anymore. They're not allowed to fight on the school grounds, etc. Yet, those same schools no longer have a true PE class where these kids can take out some aggression. When I was in school, kids were still allowed to drive to school with a gun rack in the cab of a pick up truck. No one got shot. If there was aggression, the boys fought... the old fashioned way with fists.

Violence breeds violence. Punching someone in the face is not the answer to aggression, ever.

Ah, you know what ? I wonder if he wanted to go spend the hour in prayer, etc. in an attempt to ' get his heart right ' prior to doing this? **speculating** But its' weird he sat there an hour before killing and did not just do it when he walked in.
Maybe he wasn't sure he was going through with it and was working up the nerve?

I noticed that too. It looks bandaged, maybe? I wonder if he's had recent surgery, or been in a fight? Maybe he thought his nose was a distinguishing quality and it was an attempt to cover it up?

Just now catching up, but that looks like a pipe or pole in the background?

Maybe he wasn't sure he was going through with it and was working up the nerve?

Could be and you know if he were truly mentally ill, he likely would NOT have been able to sit there for an hour and interact with others without the others looking at him and thinking something was wrong. The term mentally ill is tossed around a lot but I don't think a full blown insane person could sit still for an hour before acting. my two cents.

Oh dear. It cannot be the case that, being asked to get a job at 21 and not being able to, Roof has blamed it on black people taking 'his' work? Not ever realizing (I'd guess) he wasn't getting work because he was, frankly, a little weird?

Do we know anything about his education background, or what he has done since getting out of school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member