SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: what is this thing they keep showing on tv where people are making statements to the guy in custody?

What part of the legal process is this? I've never seen such a thing like this in my life.

In fact I think it's giving him exactly what he wants- a very dramatic end where he's at center stage. So confused.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

It was DR's first court appearance this morning. The victims families spoke words of forgiveness for DH's crimes.

It was so moving.

Seriously ? Members of the KKK are not judged because they wear a hood, they are judged because of their actions while wearing the hood. Do you honestly believe destroying every Confederate flag in the south is going to have any real benefit ? I find the flag offensive just as the swastika is offensive, and rap songs about killing cops is offensive, wearing cuss words on shirts is offensive..just to name a few. I don't believe anyone is going to become a racist because they see an image of a Confederate flag.
People who use the flag are already racist. It needs to be taken down now. It should not reflect the values of a state, the state should know better...

Seriously ? Members of the KKK are not judged because they wear a hood, they are judged because of their actions while wearing the hood.

They're judged because they willingly choose to identify with people who have committed many atrocities while wearing the hood. That's the same reason only Neo-Nazi Germans still wear swastikas (I believe it's illegal there).

FWIW -- In Texas, it is now illegal to have a Confederate flag on one's license plate, and legally, that could apply to other states as well, for the same reason that swastikas are no longer allowed in Germany.

www.cnn.chttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CH3aoxFWUAASwan.pngom/go/

anderson cooper starting now.......2 hr. special Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 3m3 minutes ago

.@andersoncooper is live in #Charleston. A special two hour #AC360 begins right now.

Anderson Cooper 360° retweeted
Drew Griffin CNN ‏@DrewGriffinCNN 2m2 minutes ago

#CharlestonShooting suspect was videotaped the entire time he was in custody in Shelby, NC. What he said about AME tonight @9pET on @ac360

Question: what is this thing they keep showing on tv where people are making statements to the guy in custody?

What part of the legal process is this? I've never seen such a thing like this in my life.

In fact I think it's giving him exactly what he wants- a very dramatic end where he's at center stage. So confused.

Bond hearing

Because it keeps being repeated that South Carolina has 19 Hate Groups like that explaines why Roof became a racist . Or to reinforce the view that SC is full of racists. I thought I would list the states with more hate groups than SC...from the Southern Poverty Law Center Hate Map 2014

New York 44 Texas 36 California 57 Pennsylvania 38 Virginia 27 North Carolina 24 Florida 50 Georgia 28 Mississippi 22 Illinois 21
Tennessee 29 Ohio 27 New Jersey 40 Arkansas 20

Thanks for this information. What a surprise ~ these are not all southern states! And Texas is not #1. That is such a relief, don't need to feel so shamed when reading posts here about how racist Texas is.

It was DR's first court appearance this morning. The victims families spoke words of forgiveness for DH's crimes.

It was so moving.

Thanks for the details. I've never seen such a thing happen but that is really moving they forgave him.

People who use the flag are already racist. It needs to be taken down now. It should not reflect the values of a state, the state should know better...

I see it as a reverence for the fallen confederacy. People who display it are making a statement. But it should NOT be flown at the State House, because the reverence for the economic policy of the confederation is NOT a unanimous value shared by the people of the state of South Carolina.JMO

On CNN right now they're at the church and a bagpipe player began playing Amazing Grace. The multi-racial crowd just began singing along...gave me chill bumps. So beautiful and calming.

I see it as a reverence for the fallen confederacy. People who display it are making a statement. But it should NOT be flown at the State House, because the reverence for the economic policy of the confederation is NOT a unanimous value shared by the people of the state of South Carolina.JMO

On CNN right now they're at the church and a bagpipe player began playing Amazing Grace. The multi-racial crowd just began singing along...gave me chill bumps. So beautiful and calming.

I was just watching and thinking the same thing. This racist man has pushed more unity in SC and across the country tonight. He wanted a civil war, instead-people unite.

Good > Evil

OMG! Now Sonny Hostin is saying that the judge from the bond hearing used the N-word during court in 2003. How can I do link if it's not in print?

OMG! Now Sonny Hostin is saying that the judge from the bond hearing used the N-word during court in 2003. How can I do link if it's not in print?

Just saw that! She showed a document. I'm sure we can google his name. It must to be public record.

Quoting myself but this is what they showed:

"There are four kinds of people in this world - black people, white people, red necks, and n________." Charleston County Magistrate James B. Gosnell, Jr. , November 6, 2003, Source: South Carolina Judicial Department

Evidently he was repeating advice that he had heard from a veteran "African-American" sheriff's deputy! :gaah:

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/opinions/displayOpinion.cfm?caseNo=26052

"There are four kinds of people in this world - black people, white people, red necks, and n________." Charleston County Magistrate James B. Gosnell, Jr. , November 6, 2003, Source: South Carolina Judicial Department

He supposedly said it to an African-American defendant to "force him to change his path of life."

He was publicly reprimanded by the State Supreme Court in 2005 due to this and other instances of misconduct.

yes i heard her say it on air as well........his reprimand was done in public

He supposedly said it to an African-American defendant to "force him to change his path of life."

Here is one of those legal case law sites...
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/sc-supreme-court/1036908.html

Supreme Court of South Carolina.
IN RE: Charleston County Magistrate James B. GOSNELL, Jr., Respondent.
No. 26052.
Decided: October 24, 2005

On November 6, 2003, respondent presided over a bond reduction hearing.   Respondent represents he knew the defendant, the defendant's father, and the defendant's grandfather.
Respondent represents that when the defendant, an African-American, appeared in court for the bond hearing, respondent recalled a statement made to him by a veteran African American sheriff's deputy that “there are four kinds of people in this world-black people, white people, red necks, and n_.” Respondent alleges he repeated this statement to the defendant in an ill-considered effort to encourage him to recognize and change the path he had chosen in life.
- See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/sc-supreme-court/1036908.html#sthash.fnfXAWDU.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico