SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too am amazed at the grace, decency & forgiveness shown by the families of the victims!! Heck, I'm still working on forgiving my ex for something that happened 48 years ago. I'll get there someday, I'm getting closer, but still not totally there.

:giggle: Thanks, I so needed the laugh.

Mother Jones has been a investigative news magazine since 1976, so not sure why it wouldn't be considered MSM. I'm not a Brit, but I think the Guardian is the magazine with a decent reputation and Daily Mirror is the one that's somewhat iffy.

Wasn't it the Daily Mail, not the Daily Mirror???? Just because of a situation of which I had intimate knowledge, I tend to trust the Daily Mail. The situation didn't involve a crime directly, but they published an article that contained the total truth of a completely scandalous situation here in the US. It was a subject that was never address by the American MSM & should have been, IMO.

View attachment 76688

Why isn't it just as easy as this? When most Americans say we love one another and this still happens, some must be lying. :(

Well it's clear from Dylann's statement that He felt Black folk were taking over HIS Country....So according to Supremacist (DR mentors) working theory..THEY don't believe that anybody but them should have all the Rights and Privileged that THEY have...Hummmmmmmm Kind of says it all!! So much for the Constitution and all of it's Amendments :shame:

I too am amazed at the grace, decency & forgiveness shown by the families of the victims!! Heck, I'm still working on forgiving my ex for something that happened 48 years ago. I'll get there someday, I'm getting closer, but still not totally there.

People like those make me want to be a better person.

I am a bit long in the tooth to change, I fear.

I read their statements to my husband and he was skeptical that they would not have anger and revenge in their hearts. Only because it is so seldom we see that sort of thing in this world. And he, like me, is so upset and horrified by this that it is hard to comprehend how spiritually evolved these folks are to forgive.

I will pray for them, and for myself and my husband that we might one day have that kind of peace, and for those who are twisting this tragedy to benefit their platforms.

Shelby police officials did not interview Roof formally, according to WBTV, a Charlotte TV station, which quotes an unidentified source as saying the suspect was videotaped during the entire time he was at the Shelby police department.

The source told WBTV that Roof spoke freely, told investigators he had been planning the attack for a period of time, had researched the Emanuel AME Church and targeted it because it was a historic African-American church.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015...s-charge-for-church-shooting-suspec/28991935/

Wasn't it the Daily Mail, not the Daily Mirror???? Just because of a situation of which I had intimate knowledge, I tend to trust the Daily Mail. The situation didn't involve a crime directly, but they published an article that contained the total truth of a completely scandalous situation here in the US. It was a subject that was never address by the American MSM & should have been, IMO.

Daily Mail gets not-too-much-respect, lol, but other than grammar and proofreading errors, they usually, IMO, get the story right. They seem kind of tabloidy, I know.

Also they ALWAYS have the best pics.

And are considered MSM here, I believe. I know I see lots of DM links.

1-cfba81a05d.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...police-charged--murder-black-church/28975573/

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 3m3 minutes ago

"It made this community love each other more" @AndersonCooper speaks w/ #Charleston's mayor. Special 2hr #AC360 8p

I wouldn't be surprised if it was his Stepmom..who has been divorced from Dylann's dad since 2009....but since she is the only mom he would remember..I'm sure he some sort of regular contact with him...Then of course his father..(you know the one who gifted him that KILLING GUN on his 21st birthday after he got out of jail and unable to access such weaponry) hasn't said squat!! He's likely secretly celebrating what his son did..Just speculating but his son did what he never did..TG

Actually his father and his uncle are the ones who went to police and reports now are that he bought the gun himself.

This has distressed me so much. I've been upset ever since this happened. I don't understand the Judges decision to speak out but I do agree this killers family are victims too. But they are alive. Big difference. Such a waste. I'm disgusted. Sad. Such an awful shame. I'm sad beyond belief. Our country should all cry. This is beyond belief. Senseless. I want him dragged out to center of town and shot by a firing squad.

Sorry my WS Friends but this is too much.

Peace. There's only one race. The Human Race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has distressed me so much. I've been upset ever since this happened. I don't understand the Judges decision to speak out but I do agree this killers family are victims too. But they are alive. Big difference. Such a waste. I'm disgusted. Sad. Such an awful shame. I'm sad beyond belief. Our country should all cry. This is beyond belief. Senseless. I want him dragged out to center of town and shot by a firing squad.

Great post. ITA

:giggle: Thanks, I so needed the laugh.

It was just good to know that I am not alone in harboring a sadness over a betrayal that is almost as old. I consider it progress if I am not reminded of it for even one day! I have to keep telling myself that it isn't the person who hurt me, it was my faith and the loss of it that so affected me. OT but thanks!

BBM:
How very true. Everything else is just culture or beliefs. We are otherwise all one.

Great post.

Question: what is this thing they keep showing on tv where people are making statements to the guy in custody?

What part of the legal process is this? I've never seen such a thing like this in my life.

In fact I think it's giving him exactly what he wants- a very dramatic end where he's at center stage. So confused.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Actually his father and his uncle are the ones who went to police and reports now are that he bought the gun himself.

Ack! I was trying early this morning to find out what was the deal with the gun and STILL cannot find anything definitive!

WYFF News 4 Investigates is digging into how the man charged in the Charleston church shootings, Dylann Roof, was able to get a gun.

WYFF News 4 Investigates called Charleston police Friday.

Public Information Officer Charles Francis said, "We will not discuss that aspect of the investigation."

http://m.wyff4.com/news/how-did-dylann-roof-get-a-gun/33680204

If any of y'all have something solid about that dadgum gun, please post a link. I will love you forever because it is making me crazy!!!!!

ETA: from same article:

There are conflicting reports on how Roof obtained the gun he's accused of using to kill nine people. CNN and The New York Times have both reported that Roof bought the gun himself at a store in Charleston. The Washington Post and Reuters have reported that Roof received the gun as a birthday gift.

So, clear as mud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member