SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Perry, GOP leadership candidate, calls the Charleston shootings "an accident."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/19/rick-perry-charleston-church-shooting-accident

I am not a fan, but at least Jeb "gets it":

“I don’t know. Looks like to me it was, but we’ll find out all the information,” Bush said. “It’s clear it was an act of raw hatred, for sure. Nine people lost their lives, and they were African American. You can judge what it is.”

I'm sure nobody else in the world ever mistakenly used the wrong word when speaking.

Surely nobody believes ANYBODY on this planet actually thinks this was an accident.

I hope we can leave political conversation in the pavilion downstairs.

JMO

Accident or incident really doesn't matter what word he intended to use the truth is it wasn't a drug induced "incident" it was hate induced mass murder.

This was a racial motivated act of domestic terrorism people like Perry need to acknowledge that and stop trying to trivialize what happened.

(I've read the family's statement).

His father sounds like a foul demon and sorry, South Carolina has more than its fair share of unrepentant hard core racists, and Roof had problems, and you know what?

Every bit of that helps explain what he did in some kind of abstract intellectual way, but when it comes right down to it, NONE of it explains away the fact this boy and not that boy or the other boy, nor the thousands others just like him in that state or another state, haven't and won't gun down innocent folks while they pray and rejoice in God.

THIS boy is a hating racist cold blooded murderer, and maybe I've just spent too much time recently trying to figure out the why's of such people, but man am I tired of having families brought into the figuring, or hearing sociological figurings or demographic figurings or anything else, EXCEPT the obvious, that the hating racist murderous boy couldn't have murdered so many people so quickly had he not had a gun, and sorry, I find it a deeply shameful thing that no matter the tens and tens of thousands of murders committed in the U.S. of A, including massacres of school children and moviegoers and college kids and folks in restaurants just hoping for a good meal, and no matter the almost killed, including presidents, even, FGS, that no matter all of that, guns and shotguns and automatic rifles and every other kind of weapon are served up like candy, flow like water.

THAT boy. (another day, another boy, man, girl, woman) Plus (hatred as acceptable hobby, mental illness, jealousy, desire for fame, racism, etc.) PLUS A GUN.

I wish with all my heart for it to be different, but it won't be. Not tomorrow or next month or next year.

Sounds about right! He is the only human in the world that can stick his foot in his mouth better than me.:laughing:

So it was only another WHoopsey? LOL No problem for them I guess?? Taken in context is important don't you know...Whoops..That was a word he chose from the giddyup of the question...OH never mind..Move on.. :facepalm:

Rick Perry, GOP leadership candidate, calls the Charleston shootings "an accident."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/19/rick-perry-charleston-church-shooting-accident

NRA Leader Blames Slain Charleston Pastor For the Slaughter of His Congregants

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/06/most-awful-reaction-charleston-mass-shooting-nra

No words. May God have mercy on these people and help them see the error of their ways.

I have words. But I'd be banned if I used them.

It isn't possible to be too pessimistic about anything changing after this one too many massacres.

Yes, let's blame the victims. Let's not blame the shooter, but let's blame drugs.

We, as a nation, have a serious problem. A problem that a lot of people do not want to accept. I accept it. I have accepted it for a long time. We have not advanced much since the 1800's. There was a time when I did believe we had overcome a lot of the racial issues that had plagued this country... not any more. I am sick in my heart... and sick in my soul.

NRA Leader Blames Slain Charleston Pastor For the Slaughter of His Congregants

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/06/most-awful-reaction-charleston-mass-shooting-nra

No words. May God have mercy on these people and help them see the error of their ways.

I am just floored by the grace and decency and forgiveness shown by the families of the victims.....

This is glaring contrast to the insensitivity and sheer repugnant a$$holishness shown by these "people" who are using the slaughter of nine human beings to spew their rhetoric.

Why do good people who benefit this world have to die and the likes of Rick Perry and Charles Cotton get to blame the dead? Or call it "accidental"? And even worse, use this tragedy to further their "causes"?

But people who discuss what the gun laws are in various states are "getting political" and "it's not the time".

Taking a time out before I get an official one. But I am hopping mad. I will cool off before posting again. Sorry for the rant.

He called it a crime of hate.

From the provided link:

Perry, who is running for president again after a failed bid in 2012, said he didn’t know if the tragedy was an “act of terror”, but acknowledged it was “a crime of hate”.

This is the M.O. of this administration, any time there is an accident like this — the president is clear, he doesn’t like for Americans to have guns and so he uses every opportunity, this being another one, to basically go parrot that message,” Perry said in response to President Barack Obama’s Thursday remarks, according to a video posted by RWW blog.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2...verreacts-accidents-like-charleston-shooting/

He actually blamed overreaction on the Obama administration.

What, then IS the appropriate response to some white supremist who murders in cold blood nine people at prayer on a house of worship?

Perry cannot weasel out of this one. And I hope he chokes on his hateful words.

But I would bet those lovely people who spoke this morning in court would forgive Perry for his awful comments.

They are much better people than I.

quote-Martin-Luther-King-Jr.-darkness-cannot-drive-out-darkness-only-light-88369.png

Why isn't it just as easy as this? When most Americans say we love one another and this still happens, some must be lying. :(

So it was only another WHoopsey? LOL No problem for them I guess?? Taken in context is important don't you know...Whoops..That was a word he chose from the giddyup of the question...OH never mind..Move on.. :facepalm:

Whoops...I just pressed the launch button by mistake..... JMO

I have no idea how to solve the racial and discrimination problems..the hatred in our country. I don't think it can be solved solely by political or religious leaders. Do they light the way or do they follow the sentiments of the people ? Is it tragedies like this one happening again and again that makes society say enough is enough and demand change ? Maybe it just takes time for people to get used to change..not be afraid of other people looking, acting , thinking differently than they do ? I have no idea..but I do know we have made progress since the 1800's. Change didn't come quickly or easily but it came. So I remain hopeful..

some dates I found interesting

The Emancipation Proclamation 1863
Civil War ended in 1865
Women's Right to Vote 1920
Civil Rights act 1964
Blacks Right to Vote 1965
Interracial marriage legalized 1967
Congress Officially Apologizes for Slavery 2008
Congress Apologizes to Native Americans 2010
Gay Marriage Legalized in 37 States 2015

....sort of.....JMO

Yeah, well, I meant comparatively. At least he didn't call it an accident, say the victims shoulda been packing, so it's their fault, or blame Obama for making a big deal out of this minor incident.

Okay. I lied. I cannot walk away from addressing such blatantly bad manners and just plain meanness.

I am just floored by the grace and decency and forgiveness shown by the families of the victims.....

This is glaring contrast to the insensitivity and sheer repugnant a$$holishness shown by these "people" who are using the slaughter of nine human beings to spew their rhetoric.

Why do good people who benefit this world have to die and the likes of Rick Perry and Charles Cotton get to blame the dead? Or call it "accidental"? And even worse, use this tragedy to further their "causes"?

But people who discuss what the gun laws are in various states are "getting political" and "it's not the time".

Taking a time out before I get an official one. But I am hopping mad. I will cool off before posting again. Sorry for the rant.

Backer's of such Hatred and excusing such actions with stupid old age rhetorics indicates pure Locked in Heritage embedded hatreds that got dumbed down for a few years..BUT election of BO Ripped off that Bandaid!! and voila..

The long historical suppressed/abused/belittled and called names for forevers "Peoples"..actually show No Hate ( Angry sure) but forgiveness and only want the HATE to END!!

Hate will only be overcome by Love..However..dealing with people so filled with HATE..They actually Laugh at such logic..But even Dylan almost didn't do it because of the love he was shown and felt..BUT his embedded Hate overcame that...

Just maybe such raw Hate will slowly ebb..I can only hope because it will never survive with so much LOVE in the world ( ISIS aside)...

Are motherjones, the guardian, and thinkprogress now considered MSM?

Mother Jones has been a investigative news magazine since 1976, so not sure why it wouldn't be considered MSM. I'm not a Brit, but I think the Guardian is the magazine with a decent reputation and Daily Mirror is the one that's somewhat iffy.

I too am amazed at the grace, decency & forgiveness shown by the families of the victims!! Heck, I'm still working on forgiving my ex for something that happened 48 years ago. I'll get there someday, I'm getting closer, but still not totally there.

Mother Jones has been a investigative news magazine since 1976, so not sure why it wouldn't be considered MSM. I'm not a Brit, but I think the Guardian is the magazine with a decent reputation and Daily Mirror is the one that's somewhat iffy.

And in any case, that same quote has been reported in just about every media outlet, print or tv.

He said it. He just did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member