Identified! SC - Norway, Body found in freezer at abandoned "haunted" house. Jan'21 - Robert Fuller

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have officially contacted all of the tattoo shops on my list. I haven't gotten an answer from a lot of them, so I think I will wait a week and then follow up with the shops I think had the highest likelihood of having done it (specialize in portrait tattoos or near Norway). This might be a dumb question, but, do you think all of the phone numbers listed are landlines? Or is there a chance some are not? Because if I could text any of the numbers, that could be super easy.

I have officially contacted all of the tattoo shops on my list. I haven't gotten an answer from a lot of them, so I think I will wait a week and then follow up with the shops I think had the highest likelihood of having done it (specialize in portrait tattoos or near Norway). This might be a dumb question, but, do you think all of the phone numbers listed are landlines? Or is there a chance some are not? Because if I could text any of the numbers, that could be super easy.
Sometimes individual artists have their own email addresses/phone numbers listed. Instagram is the biggest platform for tattoo artists right now, like a giant portfolio. Most artists have contact info listed in their bio. Let me know if you need help tracking down this information.

Good news: the tattoo shops who I have messaged on Facebook have been very responsive and are promising to share with their artists. Bad news: facebook has classified me as a bot for sending the same message too many times, so I'm going to have to find a "creative" way to get around that limitation. I decided to manually message the shops instead of automate since 100 shops is not a hard task. Does anybody have theories of what towns in SC the JD could be from, possibly based on his suspected race? I have never been to South Carolina so I don't know what areas to focus on.
Awesome! Thanks for doing all that!

I’ve lived in SC all my life and I don’t think it’s more likely that he lived in any one particular area than the others. There aren’t any areas that have a higher Asian or Hispanic population or anything like that. There are several Native American tribes in areas like Beaufort, Santee, Edisto/Charleston, and Georgetown.

It may be a tad less likely he lived in one of the (many) super small towns — the kind where everybody knows your name. I would probably focus on the larger cities close by and work my way outward, starting with Orangeburg, Lexington, Aiken, Columbia, Charleston, and Sumter. Then maybe Greenville, Anderson, Beaufort, and Myrtle Beach. Norway also isn’t very far from Georgia, so Savannah might be another place that would be good to look into.

Here’s a quick list of tattoo shops in some of the areas I listed in the above post.

Greenville

Revolutionary Tattoo
123 East Coast Ink
Relentless Tattoo
Fanatink Tattoo
Sirens Cove Tattoo
Dapper Ink

Anderson

Painted Pony Tattoo
Blvd Tattoo Co
Fearless Tattoos and Piercing
Lost Sailor Studio
Just Another Hole in the Wall Tattoo
Studio 22
Artistic Ink
Vanguard Studio
Skin Grafix 864 Tattoos
Cherry Bomb Tattoo

Sumter

Artistic Dimensions
Southern Ink Tattoos
Geek Ink Tattoo Studio
Broken Arrow Tattoo Studio
Golden Orchid Tattoo Studio
King Ink Tattoos
Legendary Art Tattoo Shop

Orangeburg

Under the Skin Tattoo Studio

Charleston

Blu Gorilla Tattoo
Broken Lantern Tattoo
Holy City Tattoo Collective
Charleston Tattoo Company
Upper Hand Tattoo Studio
Iron Lotus Studios
Stardust Tattoo
The Guilded Mermaid Tattoo Studio
Breakthrough Tattoo
Blu Gorilla Goose Creek
Black Sparrow Tattoo Studio
Roses and Ruins Tattoo Summerville
Red Kirin Tattoo Studio
Mystic Tiki Tattoo Studio & Gallery
Get That Art LLC
Oliver Pierre Tattoo Shop
Red Brick Tattoo
Luck of the Draw Kustom Tattoos
MotorCity Ink
Black Sparrow Tattoo Studio Moncks Corner
Ivory Tiger Tattoo Studios
Low Country Elite Tattoo Studio

Lexington

Tatway Tattoos
Mr. Shorty’s Tattoo Emporium
Animated Canvas of Lexington
Toye Shop Ink
Lucky 7’s Electric Tattoo
Carolina Custom Tattoos

Columbia

Gypsy Moon Tattoo
Devine Street Tattoo
Purple Lotus Tattoo
Copper Finch Tattoo
Born Again Tattoo Shop
Magnetizm Tattoo
Tattoo Spirit
Dark Horse Tattoo
Magnetizm Tattoo North
8 Sins Tattoo
Sickle and Moon Tattoo
Vision Quest Body Art and Gallery
Diamond Cut Tattoo Company
The Howling Dog Collective
Ophidian Tattoo
Black Kandy Tattoos
Knotty Heads Tattoo Factory & Body Piercings
Southern Cypress Tattoo
Aces High Tattoo
Rude Tattoos
Ouch Studios Piercings and Tattoos
737 Graphic Ink Studio
My Nxx Tattoo
TattooMo AQOO

Myrtle Beach

Elite Ink Tattoos of Myrtle Beach
Premier Tattoo Myrtle Beach
Aces High Tattoo
Ink Wave Tattoos
Tiki Tattoos
Red Raven Art Company
Hero Tattoo
Top Notch Tattoos TNT
Bulldawg Tattoo
Fantasy Ink Myrtle Beach
Pork Chops Tattoos
Wild Side Tattoo
7 Deadly Sins Tattoo Studio
Pitbull Tattoo and Piercing Clinic
Tattoo District MB

Savannah

Savannah Ink Tattoo
Red Ocean Tattoo
Anonymous Tattoo
Riverside Tattoo Parlor
Tatlyfe Studios
Good Fortune Tattoo Studio
Kustom Hustle Tattoo
California Tattoo Co
Stranded Tattoo Studio
White Bluff Tattoo Company
The Butcher <<< but WHY?
Ghost Town Tattoo
Coco Loco’s Body Art & Designs LLC
Original Skin Tattoos & Piercings
Tramp Art Studio <<< No, really. WHY?
Resurrection Ink Tattoos and Body Piercing
Fifth of Ink
Black Orchid Tattoo
Twin Tiger Tattoo
Kudzu Tattoo
Ink Revoluzion Tattoos LLC
Carter Ink Tattoos
High Rank Tattoo
Jokerz' Ink Tattoo & Piercing
Garrett Gosch Tattoos
High Powered Tattoo
Sugar Shack Canvas & Ink
Black Wolf Tattoos

Forgive me if I missed it, but has this case been entered in NamUS and has anyone searched for a missing person with a tattoo like this. I haven’t used NamUS in ages and it looks like you have to register even to search. Have they changed things?

Forgive me if I missed it, but has this case been entered in NamUS and has anyone searched for a missing person with a tattoo like this. I haven’t used NamUS in ages and it looks like you have to register even to search. Have they changed things?
I tried looking and I couldn't find anyone that looked promising. I don't think he's in NAMUS.

Here’s a quick list of tattoo shops in some of the areas I listed in the above post.

Greenville

Revolutionary Tattoo
123 East Coast Ink
Relentless Tattoo
Fanatink Tattoo
Sirens Cove Tattoo
Dapper Ink

Anderson

Painted Pony Tattoo
Blvd Tattoo Co
Fearless Tattoos and Piercing
Lost Sailor Studio
Just Another Hole in the Wall Tattoo
Studio 22
Artistic Ink
Vanguard Studio
Skin Grafix 864 Tattoos
Cherry Bomb Tattoo

Sumter

Artistic Dimensions
Southern Ink Tattoos
Geek Ink Tattoo Studio
Broken Arrow Tattoo Studio
Golden Orchid Tattoo Studio
King Ink Tattoos
Legendary Art Tattoo Shop

Orangeburg

Under the Skin Tattoo Studio

Charleston

Blu Gorilla Tattoo
Broken Lantern Tattoo
Holy City Tattoo Collective
Charleston Tattoo Company
Upper Hand Tattoo Studio
Iron Lotus Studios
Stardust Tattoo
The Guilded Mermaid Tattoo Studio
Breakthrough Tattoo
Blu Gorilla Goose Creek
Black Sparrow Tattoo Studio
Roses and Ruins Tattoo Summerville
Red Kirin Tattoo Studio
Mystic Tiki Tattoo Studio & Gallery
Get That Art LLC
Oliver Pierre Tattoo Shop
Red Brick Tattoo
Luck of the Draw Kustom Tattoos
MotorCity Ink
Black Sparrow Tattoo Studio Moncks Corner
Ivory Tiger Tattoo Studios
Low Country Elite Tattoo Studio

Lexington

Tatway Tattoos
Mr. Shorty’s Tattoo Emporium
Animated Canvas of Lexington
Toye Shop Ink
Lucky 7’s Electric Tattoo
Carolina Custom Tattoos

Columbia

Gypsy Moon Tattoo
Devine Street Tattoo
Purple Lotus Tattoo
Copper Finch Tattoo
Born Again Tattoo Shop
Magnetizm Tattoo
Tattoo Spirit
Dark Horse Tattoo
Magnetizm Tattoo North
8 Sins Tattoo
Sickle and Moon Tattoo
Vision Quest Body Art and Gallery
Diamond Cut Tattoo Company
The Howling Dog Collective
Ophidian Tattoo
Black Kandy Tattoos
Knotty Heads Tattoo Factory & Body Piercings
Southern Cypress Tattoo
Aces High Tattoo
Rude Tattoos
Ouch Studios Piercings and Tattoos
737 Graphic Ink Studio
My Nxx Tattoo
TattooMo AQOO

Myrtle Beach

Elite Ink Tattoos of Myrtle Beach
Premier Tattoo Myrtle Beach
Aces High Tattoo
Ink Wave Tattoos
Tiki Tattoos
Red Raven Art Company
Hero Tattoo
Top Notch Tattoos TNT
Bulldawg Tattoo
Fantasy Ink Myrtle Beach
Pork Chops Tattoos
Wild Side Tattoo
7 Deadly Sins Tattoo Studio
Pitbull Tattoo and Piercing Clinic
Tattoo District MB

Savannah

Savannah Ink Tattoo
Red Ocean Tattoo
Anonymous Tattoo
Riverside Tattoo Parlor
Tatlyfe Studios
Good Fortune Tattoo Studio
Kustom Hustle Tattoo
California Tattoo Co
Stranded Tattoo Studio
White Bluff Tattoo Company
The Butcher <<< but WHY?
Ghost Town Tattoo
Coco Loco’s Body Art & Designs LLC
Original Skin Tattoos & Piercings
Tramp Art Studio <<< No, really. WHY?
Resurrection Ink Tattoos and Body Piercing
Fifth of Ink
Black Orchid Tattoo
Twin Tiger Tattoo
Kudzu Tattoo
Ink Revoluzion Tattoos LLC
Carter Ink Tattoos
High Rank Tattoo
Jokerz' Ink Tattoo & Piercing
Garrett Gosch Tattoos
High Powered Tattoo
Sugar Shack Canvas & Ink
Black Wolf Tattoos

Thank you for this list! If I have time this weekend I will definitely use this to help guide my efforts.

Another helpful thing people could look into is tattoo shops in SC/NC/GA that focus on realism and portraits. In my search, I only have found a handful of shops that specialize in them. I got my own tattoo for the first time last week, and knowing how expensive they are (lol), I bet that the UDI may have been willing to travel for a good artist if it meant his tattoo coming out right.

Thank you for this list! If I have time this weekend I will definitely use this to help guide my efforts.

Another helpful thing people could look into is tattoo shops in SC/NC/GA that focus on realism and portraits. In my search, I only have found a handful of shops that specialize in them. I got my own tattoo for the first time last week, and knowing how expensive they are (lol), I bet that the UDI may have been willing to travel for a good artist if it meant his tattoo coming out right.
I just wanted to say that you represent my favorite part of websleuths!!!! People who have a talent they then put to use for good in a u ique way to solve cases. It's a different type of action that is so amazing. Thank you. You made me super smile, today!

Here are my list of super favorite websleuth skills I have come across:
Yours
A guy who makes topographical maps of the area (Abby and libby)
The person who can identify and exactly match items from a blurry photo (europol)
Map makers
The guy who scours Google earth and news videos for cameras that can be checked for info
The guy who would dress up similar to the perps and do a mini reenactment, so we could see/ judge his age and size versus the suspect. (He's very sadly no longer a member, because it was extremely helpful to me).
A person who took suggestions, made a list and would go physically check places (or coordinated and highlighted off what others did) that could be the hiding spot for a missing child.

Thanks to all the websleuthers who give time and energy to the people who need our help, most of all, in this world.

I bet that the UDI may have been willing to travel for a good artist if it meant his tattoo coming out right.

Knowing how ultra picky my son is about his tattoos, I'd be willing to bet you are correct. Also, not all artists are able or willing to do the portrait tattoos. These require a great deal of attention to detail. Thank you again for all you do !

Norway also isn’t very far from Georgia, so Savannah might be another place that would be good to look into.

Just adding that Augusta, GA is another place that crossed my mind. Not really familiar enough with it to know if there are many shops there. Thanks much for the work you put into compiling the list of shops. :)

I tri

I tried looking as well and I couldn’t find anything.

I agreed with the assessment that the shoulder tattoo looks like a life preserver. However, the tattoo looks similar to a common Filipino shoulder tattoo. The sun on the Filipino flag is not the same but similar, and there are a lot of variants.
If you Google: Filipino shoulder tattoo
You will see what I mean.

I agreed with the assessment that the shoulder tattoo looks like a life preserver. However, the tattoo looks similar to a common Filipino shoulder tattoo. The sun on the Filipino flag is not the same but similar, and there are a lot of variants.

I dug around a little more and found a Filipino master of portrait tattoos, Draz Palaming. Amazing work!

Filipino master of the tattoo realism Draz Palaming

Agree, those often use a stylized Filipino sun design and used like that it does look similar (though its star or ray shaped, which our tat is not,). But they are way more intricate than our guys tattoo, kind of like Pacific Islander tattoo art.

Appears to be two close together, but a bit hard to tell from the poor quality image, IMO.

Information released to help identify body found in freezer | wltx.com
2720f410-fc5c-4206-937a-c9f434e47484_750x422.jpg

I was just browsing a Native American site for reasons completely unrelated to this, and ended up on a page related to tattoos. I was struck by one of the faces, and I realized the symbols for happiness are also round, and not entirely unlike the "lifebuoy".

Could this face be Native American?

edited: here is a random one, pulled from an image search to illustrate what I am getting at.90d77851f7faa272e8a5fb8de702c29a.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back