SC SC - Paul Baker, 3, Beaufort, 5 March 1987

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What did you put in for document type to find this ... if you could help me that would be great.

Eleph

I left it as "all" so all documents would show up. There are more records there!!

I left it as "all" so all documents would show up. There are more records there!!

Ya, there is ... mother Caroline married another man in 1983 by the last name of Youngblood.

Wonder when she married Dedrick - have you found anything on this marriage yet?

Go here

https://www.myfloridacounty.com/ser...hisPage=MyFloridaCounty.ORI.Order.state.Start

Type in Shirley Tillman (Senior and Junior are both listed)

He had another short marriage to Odom with a prenup and Susan E. Baker is mentioned.

Also some transactions with Susan E. Baker with Langford Acres in Hernando County.

Etc.

Adding: type in Dedrick Caroline too. Interesting that it leads backs to the Shirley's.

Go here

https://www.myfloridacounty.com/ser...hisPage=MyFloridaCounty.ORI.Order.state.Start

Type in Shirley Tillman (Senior and Junior are both listed)

He had another short marriage to Odom with a prenup and Susan E. Baker is mentioned.

Also some transactions with Susan E. Baker with Langford Acres in Hernando County.

Etc.

Adding: type in Dedrick Caroline too. Interesting that it leads backs to the Shirley's.

Yes, it leads back to the Shirley's ... have seen one legal document for C. Dedrick but have not found a marriage record for Caroline to Dedrick yet.

BTW: looks like Caroline finished up with Youngblood 17 March 1986. She was getting around like the old saying goes .... just sayin.

It is my opinion that somebody besides SB knows exactly what happened to baby Paul in 1987. But who would it be??

From all reported accounts, it does appear that LE are pointing to SB mostly when it comes to the disappearance of Paul. LE have also let James B. loose from jail with no charges in Shannon's case.

Thus the concentration on SB - but should we find out some family connection to J. Arthur B. as well in case SB had gained (manipulated) somebody from James's side of the family at the time Paul went missing.

We don't know squat about James other than he was stationed at Parris Island in SC and that he is still with SB even after she was charged for abuse of Nina and she was the care giver at the time Paul went missing. Both Nina and Paul are the biological children of James - SB is step-mother.

Is SB that much of a master manipulator or does she have something that she is holding over James's head?

The words 'put him down for a nap' and he disappeared........(had shoes/jacket on.
Was he also put in a box somewhere like she put Shannon?
Is that SB's MO??
Does she put children in boxes for naps?
I hope sister can remember something!
Where was Nina when he disappeared?

It is my opinion that somebody besides SB knows exactly what happened to baby Paul in 1987. But who would it be??

From all reported accounts, it does appear that LE are pointing to SB mostly when it comes to the disappearance of Paul. LE have also let James B. loose from jail with no charges in Shannon's case.

Thus the concentration on SB - but should we find out some family connection to J. Arthur B. as well in case SB had gained (manipulated) somebody from James's side of the family at the time Paul went missing.

We don't know squat about James other than he was stationed at Parris Island in SC and that he is still with SB even after she was charged for abuse of Nina and she was the care giver at the time Paul went missing. Both Nina and Paul are the biological children of James - SB is step-mother.

Is SB that much of a master manipulator or does she have something that she is holding over James's head?

I have a feeling LE are keeping an eye on James B (at least I sure hope so). What type of man stays with the woman who beat his daughter, and is the suspect in his Son's disappearance? :furious: I don't believe he was clueless about Shannon being in that house.

I was so hoping someone from Paul's family would go public after SB was arrested. I'm glad to see Nina speaking out and I hope she has the strength to persist.

That interview with Geraldo was useless. Hope Nina finds someone who really cares to get Paul's story out there.

When little Shannon was missing JB made a statement "Just beat TM until she tells someone what she did with the baby"! Maybe he is an abusive man. No one makes a statement like regarding women, let alone a young girl with mental issues. IMO he might have had something to do with the abuse of both Paul and Nina. The military was JB's livelihood. He could have received a dishonorable discharge and court martial if found out. I think SB could be holding that over his head.

When little Shannon was missing JB made a statement "Just beat TM until she tells someone what she did with the baby"! Maybe he is an abusive man. No one makes a statement like regarding women, let alone a young girl with mental issues. IMO he might have had something to do with the abuse of both Paul and Nina. The military was JB's livelihood. He could have received a dishonorable discharge and court martial if found out. I think SB could be holding that over his head.

Dolly IIRC it was SB who said that? I can't find the quote right now.

It in incomprehensible how that man stayed with her after she beat his children (I read that Nina had whip sores on her back) and then she was implicated in his boy's disappearance. He appears complicit on the face of it, what with his mysterious "long-distance phone call" about Paul and then staying with such a horrid woman, IMHO. Just beyond belief.

Dolly IIRC it was SB who said that? I can't find the quote right now.

It in incomprehensible how that man stayed with her after she beat his children (I read that Nina had whip sores on her back) and then she was implicated in his boy's disappearance. He appears complicit on the face of it, what with his mysterious "long-distance phone call" about Paul and then staying with such a horrid woman, IMHO. Just beyond belief.

Sorry, I understood it to be JB. My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out to me..I still believe he knew it was happening the whole time. How could you not know there was a baby under your bed..

Very interesting indeed.... Wonder why they mispelled Beaufort though? Can we say fact check ya silly news people?? (J/K :laugh:)

I can't figure out which person to look for in that long link lol..

However, how did they spell it? There is a Buford, SC and also a Beaufort, SC the second one i would think they would be referring to as that's where the marine base is, however there is a place, town called Buford that is in SC.

The obituary for SB's father says TS Sr. - now when I read the obituary, there is no mention of survived by TS Jr. and no mention of a TS Jr. in the obituary. It did strike me as odd that there was no mention.

Is the United States Marine Corp different than the United States Navy? Looks like Sr. was discharged from the US Navy in 1995 and looks like Jr. was discharged from the US Marine Corps in 1992.

Oddity: TS Jr. is not mentioned in the obit. Usually if you have a namesake that person is listed in the obit and TS Jr is not.

Screen caps of the public records:

This is Jr.'s death
NAME:
Tillman Shirley
DEATH:
dd mm Aug. 26, 2004 - city, Lawrence, Arkansas, United States of America
CIVIL:
Florida

Sorry, I understood it to be JB. My mistake. Thanks for pointing that out to me..I still believe he knew it was happening the whole time. How could you not know there was a baby under your bed..

I totally agree! Also think that JB most likely knows what happened to Paul, IMO. Why he stayed with such a person after his own daughter was beaten and his son disappears, well it's unfathomable. I hope there are some new developments soon...

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/story/1029221.html

The father of a boy who hasn't been seen since he was reported missing from his Shell Point home more than 22 years ago told authorities at the time that he suspected his wife -- the boy's stepmother -- killed the child, according to documents released by the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office.

But James Baker changed his mind two days later, saying Susan Baker didn't have anything to do with Paul Baker's disappearance, according to a 1987 summary of the missing-child investigation. Paul Baker was 3 when he disappeared March 5, 1987.

The father of a boy who hasn't been seen since he was reported missing from his Shell Point home more than 22 years ago told authorities at the time that he suspected his wife -- the boy's stepmother -- killed the child, according to documents released by the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office.

But James Baker changed his mind two days later, saying Susan Baker didn't have anything to do with Paul Baker's disappearance, according to a 1987 summary of the missing-child investigation. Paul Baker was 3 when he disappeared March 5, 1987.

Alot of great info in that article! Thanks!

ETA: I emailed the reporter in hopes of getting a look at the 72 pages of documents.

Great news! The reporter just emailed me back saying they are struggling with the file size but should have the records on their site today or tomorrow.

Great work SuziQ - the file size must be huge to take that long to get it onto their site. Awesome news though as we will really have something to review and dissect once this is made available.

Great news indeed - it will be truly interesting to see if any new leads are generated as a result of making the information public.

Doing the dance of joy for little Paul - may justice come at last.:dance:

Do you have a link to their website SuziQ - as you can see my dance was short lived as I didn't know where to look ... duh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back