SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And on Saturday

Columbia LGBTQ Community Hosts Fundraiser As Stephen Smith’s Family Awaits Justice

Columbia LGBTQ Community Hosts Fundraiser As Stephen Smith’s Family Awaits Justice

Stephen’s story has captivated thousands in South Carolina and beyond — including Susanne Andrews, who said she felt compelled to do something for the Smith family.

So she created the #StandingForStephen fundraiser on behalf of the Capital Club in Columbia, South Carolina and the local LGBTQ community. On Saturday, October 30 the Capital Club — the “longest continuous operating gay bar in the Southeast” — will host a fundraiser for Stephen’s family.

Connor Cook, who was a passenger in the fatal boat crash where Paul was indicted, referenced a rumor that Paul had pushed his “housemate” — an apparent reference to Satterfield — down the stairs, in recent court documents. That rumor has spread throughout social media.

There has been no official confirmation of that rumor, and Paul was never implicated in her death.

“I take Alex at his word that he said his dogs tripped Gloria down the stairs. Until I find contrary of that we have to take him at his word,” Bland said told NewsNation TV.

He also cautioned that “(Alex Murdaugh’s) credibility at this point is extremely bad.”

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254434378.html

Connor Cook, who was a passenger in the fatal boat crash where Paul was indicted, referenced a rumor that Paul had pushed his “housemate” — an apparent reference to Satterfield — down the stairs, in recent court documents. That rumor has spread throughout social media.

There has been no official confirmation of that rumor, and Paul was never implicated in her death.

“I take Alex at his word that he said his dogs tripped Gloria down the stairs. Until I find contrary of that we have to take him at his word,” Bland said told NewsNation TV.

He also cautioned that “(Alex Murdaugh’s) credibility at this point is extremely bad.”

How hard it must be for LE to move forward with any certainty in any of these investigations. No one knows who is on the inside with the Murdaughs and who isn't. Because AM says he was watching TV with his mother at her home with a caregiver, LE cannot accept that as a true fact now because of the pervasive influence of the Murdaughs at all levels. The first step of any and all folks in dealings with the Murdaughs seems to be to act in deference to them, to protect them and to cover for them. This seems to be so pervasive that even though AM is sitting in jail, that doesn't mean that the intimidation etc. isn't continuing. This seems to be a way of life.
I wonder if they cannot move forward with indictments in a couple of these cases is because they cannot nail down sufficient facts and testimony to go to trial. These people still have to live and work and raise families in this area and many of AM's family and friends etc. will still be living there too. MOO MOO MOO MOO

Yes, i have been very very curious about that rumour, and I guess since it is officially in court documents, we can discuss it as we go along, right?

I wonder if the lawyers for the Satterfield sons will discuss.........

Amazing man, that Paul Murdaugh...

How hard it must be for LE to move forward with any certainty in any of these investigations. No one knows who is on the inside with the Murdaughs and who isn't. Because AM says he was watching TV with his mother at her home with a caregiver, LE cannot accept that as a true fact now because of the pervasive influence of the Murdaughs at all levels. The first step of any and all folks in dealings with the Murdaughs seems to be to act in deference to them, to protect them and to cover for them. This seems to be so pervasive that even though AM is sitting in jail, that doesn't mean that the intimidation etc. isn't continuing. This seems to be a way of life.
I wonder if they cannot move forward with indictments in a couple of these cases is because they cannot nail down sufficient facts and testimony to go to trial. These people still have to live and work and raise families in this area and many of AM's family and friends etc. will still be living there too. MOO MOO MOO MOO

Thank goodness, we have lawyers for Connor Cook, Steven Smith;s mom, the Satterfields..... Otherwise, I feel the entire legal community in this area of South Carolina will spin, spin and spin.

My sense is that most of the legal community has had SOME dealings with the Murdaughs that they would prefer to keep under wraps.

Small thing but I point it out because it does help clarify the accusation: it’s actually “house maid” not “housemate” that he says Paul pushed down the stairs.

https://fr.scribd.com/document/521359836/Connor-Cook-Deposition

Family of dead Alex Murdaugh's housekeeper Gloria Satterfield are seen for the first time | Daily Mail Online

"Now, Gloria's sister and brother are speaking out for the first time since Murdaugh was jailed for stealing from their family, and since his family's name became nationally synonymous with murder, theft, drug addiction and mystery.

In an interview with NBC's Dateline that will air on Friday, Gloria's brother, Eric Harriott Jr., said: 'It ain't about the money. It's like she was a nobody, as much as she's done for him.'

Gloria's sister, Ginger Harriott Hadwin, added: 'Did he have that going through his mind that day when we buried Gloria, and thinking, "oh, how much money am I gonna get? How can I get this?"'

Neither of Gloria's sons have spoken publicly but in lawsuits against Murdaugh, they lay bare how he took advantage of them as they grieved their mother.

To this day, the two sons say they still don't know how the fall caused her such horrific injuries that she died.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is investigating her death now in light of a slew of other allegations against Murdaugh."

Great points; I think all of what you wrote is factoring in and complicating the case even more. That includes the homicides. I also don't expect to see arrests happen sporadically, as I think they will likely hold off until they have enough to take everyone involved in all of this down at the same time in a coordinated bust.

In this week's episode of Unsolved South Carolina: The Murdaughs, we look into the relationship between Alex Murdaugh and Eddie Smith, and what happened the day Alex Murdaugh was shot.

Curtis "Eddie" Smith is the man police say shot Alex Murdaugh in the head along a rural stretch of Hampton County highway in early September 2021 — but not out of malice.

Eddie maintains he and Alex were longtime friends, like brothers. Authorities say Eddie also was a personal drug dealer to Alex.
LISTEN | 911 calls from Alex Murdaugh shooting, assisted suicide attempt released by SLED
State investigators say Alex asked Eddie to kill him as part of an assisted suicide plot and insurance fraud scheme meant to benefit Alex's surviving son, Buster, in the form of a $10 million life insurance settlement.

Eddie denies he was involved in the scheme, saying it was instead a setup, and he never shot Alex. More at link
Eddie Smith & Alex Murdaugh | Unsolved SC Podcast | Episode 3

https://unsolvedscpod.simplecast.com/episodes/eddie-smith-alex-murdaugh-the-murdaughs-s1e3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528