SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

I don’t see Dick Harpootlian or Jim Griffin here. Attorney Mark Tinsley has quoted Dick many times in his argument to freeze Alex Murdaugh’s assets. And he’s nowhere in sight.

Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

·
3m

Replying to
@MandyMatney
Also no sign of Buster Murdaugh or anyone else from the Murdaugh camp. I don’t see anyone from their PR firm either….

On that same theme, Mandy’s newest podcast really digs into how different AM and Eddie were treated by LE. They bought AM’s version of events and discounted Eddie’s version. Eddie has more charges than Alec and a much higher bail. The Murdaugh’s have home field advantage.

I don't know how thoroughly they investigated every aspect of the roadside shooting so not sure what evidence, other than AM's word, they have to support some of the charges against CES. No one (LE, AM, AM lawyers) has ever even suggested WHY he would have agreed to the assisted suicide plot .. I'm sorry but I can't overlook that. Don't know much about the man but nothing to suggest he walks around knocking people off for pay or for free.

CES ' version makes much more sense. Unless there is some hard evidence indicating he was aware of the plan, I think most of the charges are unsubstantiated and/or should be pled down (maybe only disposing of weapon, accidental discharge could apply).

Hopefully if LE and prosecutors didn't get to the bottom of the he said/he said, CES will sort it out .. because if AM treated CES as another disposable pawn in his game of deception and greed, he should face charges for this too. Grieving and drug addiction aren't an excuse for framing an innocent man, but that seems to be a trend with him.

Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

I don’t see Dick Harpootlian or Jim Griffin here. Attorney Mark Tinsley has quoted Dick many times in his argument to freeze Alex Murdaugh’s assets. And he’s nowhere in sight.

Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

·
3m

Replying to
@MandyMatney
Also no sign of Buster Murdaugh or anyone else from the Murdaugh camp. I don’t see anyone from their PR firm either….

My feeling is that the three lawyers are behind the curve on the Murdaugh $$. I bet Elleck has been sewing it into mattresses, burying it in PVC pipes, and sent it to offshore accounts for years. The movement we have seen lately (boat sale, mortgage, etc.) is just for current needs so as not to give away their mother loads. MOO MOO

I still applaud them for trying to take control of what’s obvious.

Last edited:
I don't know how thoroughly they investigated every aspect of the roadside shooting so not sure what evidence, other than AM's word, they have to support some of the charges against CES. No one (LE, AM, AM lawyers) has ever even suggested WHY he would have agreed to the assisted suicide plot .. I'm sorry but I can't overlook that. Don't know much about the man but nothing to suggest he walks around knocking people off for pay or for free.

CES ' version makes much more sense. Unless there is some hard evidence indicating he was aware of the plan, I think most of the charges are unsubstantiated and/or should be pled down (maybe only disposing of weapon, accidental discharge could apply).

Hopefully if LE and prosecutors didn't get to the bottom of the he said/he said, CES will sort it out .. because if AM treated CES as another disposable pawn in his game of deception and greed, he should face charges for this too. Grieving and drug addiction aren't an excuse for framing an innocent man, but that seems to be a trend with him.
Amen on this!!

Maybe I’m not even close to correct about hiding /\ /\money!;);)

I find it curious his father, brother, and Parker loaned him such significant amounts of money, particularly Parker as AM kept coming back for more and they weren’t even related.

Wonder what AM was telling them he needed money for? His brother and father certainly could have suggested he start selling off the boat, hunt club membership, the Merc or Rover, some real estate, etc. if he was struggling.

His addiction could be gambling not opioids. But I still feel like there was some significant drug operation going on and connected to Boll Weevil relationship. AM had motivation to murder but these huge debts and nature of murders also feel like a hit: payback or warning. Just musing. OMO.

Last edited:
@AveryGWilks

NEW: The state grand jury is about to open another investigation into Alex Murdaugh. Investigators have sent out a flurry of subpoenas calling witnesses to testify about how the disgraced attorney purchased opioids that fueled his addiction
SC grand jury to investigate Alex Murdaugh drug pipeline
A state grand jury is expected to convene in November to investigate the drug pipeline that fed disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh's decades

Is this article short enough to post more?

Is this article short enough to post more?

A state grand jury is looking into a trail of money from Alex Murdaugh’s alleged opioid drug habit to a Lowcountry gang based in the Walterboro-area and believed to be called the “Cowboys,” according to sources familiar with the investigation.
The money trail linking Murdaugh is allegedly in checks he wrote to a person who, in turn, would write checks to couriers to buy drugs, the sources said. The couriers are believed to have bought the drugs from Cowboys gang affiliates, they said.
The drugs that would make their way back to Murdaugh were primarily meth and opioids, according to the sources.
Sources said the SLED agents may have already made some arrests in the case.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy

SC grand jury to investigate Alex Murdaugh drug pipeline
A state grand jury is expected to convene in November to investigate the drug pipeline that fed disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh's decades
| The Post & Courier, 29 Oct 2021

A state grand jury is expected to convene in November to investigate the drug pipeline that fed disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh’s decadeslong addiction to opioids, a habit that was exposed after millions of dollars went missing from his former law firm and clients, multiple sources told The Post and Courier.

Subpoenas began going out this week calling people to testify about Murdaugh’s use and purchase of opioid pills, according to sources familiar with the probe. They spoke to the newspaper on the condition of anonymity due to the rules of secrecy surrounding the grand jury process.

State Law Enforcement Division agents are involved in the effort, sources said. SLED officials refused to confirm or deny the existence of the investigation.

Murdaugh’s drug use came to light in September after he was shot in the head in Hampton County during a bizarre incident over Labor Day weekend. He initially said he was shot by a stranger in a random encounter while changing a tire on the side of the road. He later acknowledged trying to stage his own murder to collect on a $10 million life insurance policy for his son, Buster. The incident occurred after his former law firm accused him of embezzling funds from the practice and forced him to resign.

(Continues below #741)

Acting Assistant Attorney General John P. Cronan of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division; Special Agent in Charge C.J. Hyman of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Charlotte, North Carolina Field Division; Solicitor Duffie Stone of the 14th Judicial Circuit; Solicitor David Pascoe of the First Circuit; Sheriff R.A. Strickland of the Colleton County, South Carolina Sheriff’s Office; Chief Wade Marvin of the Walterboro, South Carolina Police Department; Sheriff Al Cannon Jr. of the Charleston County, South Carolina Sheriff’s Office; Sheriff L. C. Knight of the Dorchester County, South Carolina Sheriff’s Office; Chief Jon Rogers of the Summerville, South Carolina Police Department; Director Jerry Adger of the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services; and Chief Mark Keel of the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division made the announcement.

Eight Members/Associates of Cowboys Gang in South Carolina Sentenced for RICO Conspiracy and Violent Crimes in Aid of Racketeering

Live 5 News Investigates: New, violent gang in Colleton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members