SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“More than $200,000 worth of checks were written between early June, when Murdaugh’s wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, were shot to death at the family home, and in early September when Murdaugh allegedly staged a botched suicide attempt, sources said.”
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy

This is an interesting timeline for when checks were issued. I would imagine that if a person didn’t claim to have a drug addiction then LE might be looking at these checks as payment for a hit ? Who writes checks to purchase drugs ? Who would write checks for drugs when there is a SLED investigation into the murder of their wife and son ?

Exactly. The whole opioid addiction is a huge smoke screen and diversionary tactic to get sympathy for Alex, excuse all his actions, and keep the focus off the really important question: who killed Paul and Maggie?

LE. I don’t think they are any closer to finding out who killed these people now as the night that it happened and are happy to have citizens chasing AMs bank records and dope habits rather than asking about solving murders or their own safety will loose killers.

I disagree, I think SLED is building their case piece by piece. It is not their style to share what they are doing or what they know. And they are also, piece by piece, letting others dismantle the reputation, influence, financial assets, and power base that if he were the responsible party, might enable AM to get away with it, if for no other reason that no one would have believed someone like AM was capable.

Now? I think we all see that he is more than capable of it, or of hiring somebody else who was.

I’ll stand corrected as they have done a good job on packaging this Dateline episode and keeping the murders on topic. It needs the 2 hour treatment.
It'll get that for sure once the murders are solved. The thing is, all those other cases and events paint a picture, and may very well factor into motive.

I didn't know how the heck they'd manage to fit everything in there, but they did.

Whenever a case I'm following is featured on that or 48 Hours, I'm invariably disappointed about how much they leave out.

I didn't have that here.

I’ll stand corrected as they have done a good job on packaging this Dateline episode and keeping the murders on topic. It needs the 2 hour treatment.
I disagree, I think SLED is building their case piece by piece. It is not their style to share what they are doing or what they know. And they are also, piece by piece, letting others dismantle the reputation, influence, financial assets, and power base that if he were the responsible party, might enable AM to get away with it, if for no other reason that no one would have believed someone like AM was capable.

Now? I think we all see that he is more than capable of it, or of hiring somebody else who was.

I really hope you are right and I’m wrong, I’m just stating my feelings and lack of confidence.

And I’m not sure what planet the newspaper guy from Hampton works on but I can assure him and anybody else that yes, the good old boy system is very much still alive and working. He can look no further than the ex sheriff over in Colleton and his recent dismissal for proof as well as other counties aro7nd this state.

I have not followed SLED in any other case so I will hold out for what they present. It is just odd to me that they have remained silent.

IMO, seems like in addition to back taxes, JP, and his brother, etc, AM could have owed large sums of money to some unsavory peeps as well.
Like people in Waterboro, who also might be willing to take on a project for AM if they didn’t have motive themselves. If anyone was seeking Bad-Boy publicity to prove how nasty they are, the June 7 murders would do it. Assuming the murderer is found. MOO.MOO.

I have not followed SLED in any other case so I will hold out for what they present. It is just odd to me that they have remained silent.
I have followed them, and I've followed countless other state agencies. In addition to those, I've followed a bunch with the Feds either playing a major role, or taking the lead.

This is exactly how all those agencies handle cases like this. I mean, it's prototypical.

Absolutely nothing unusual here thus far.

I have followed them, and I've followed countless other state agencies. In addition to those, I've followed a bunch with the Feds either playing a major role, or taking the lead.

This is exactly how all those agencies handle cases like this. I mean, it's prototypical.

Absolutely nothing unusual here thus far.

I trust your judgment and your history with it. I have absolutely nothing personally to go off of.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of that myself until now, but it helps to explain how Alex was able to pull the wool over their eyes.

And just what a crook it takes to cheat someone with health issues like that young man.

I really hope I’m wrong to be so negative about this but the Dateline episode, while not covering the cop at the boat crash saga, made it clear that I’m not the only SC resident with reservations about the folks in charge of law and order here.

I trust your judgment and your history with it. I have absolutely nothing personally to go off of.
When this first happened, it just felt like the type of case that would take a while to resolve (6 months to a year), even though it appeared they knew who their suspect was.

It's complex, with a lot of stuff to untangle. I actually think it's likely to be a conspiracy, between Alex and at least one other person.

If you're SLED, you'd better have all your ducks in a row before you move. It feels like forever, but it's actually early.

And just what a crook it takes to cheat someone with health issues like that young man.

I really hope I’m wrong to be so negative about this but the Dateline episode, while not covering the cop at the boat crash saga, made it clear that I’m not the only SC resident with reservations about the folks in charge of law and order here.

Thats something better suited for some multi part documentary, as opposed to a show like this.

It's probably way beyond the scope of what any of these news magazines are going to delve into.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of that myself until now, but it helps to explain how Alex was able to pull the wool over their eyes.
And also when their mum died I think they might have actually been boys, or at most 21. I always wondered why GM’s sister or one of the older members of family didn’t step in to guide TS. God bless them all. They seem like decent hardworking people.

When this first happened, it just felt like the type of case that would take a while to resolve (6 months to a year), even though it appeared they knew who their suspect was.

It's complex, with a lot of stuff to untangle. I actually think it's likely to be a conspiracy, between Alex and at least one other person.

If you're SLED, you'd better have all your ducks in a row before you move. It feels like forever, but it's actually early.

As time goes on it is making more sense to me simply based on the layers alone. This is so complex just in the way of going up against a dynasty like this. It’s like a mafia in many ways. Considering that now it makes June to October seem like a quick crack.

I’m glad that there is a glaring light on every player and entity involved. The pressure is on.

As time goes on it is making more sense to me simply based on the layers alone. This is so complex just in the way of going up against a dynasty like this. It’s like a mafia in many ways. Considering that now it makes June to October seem like a quick crack.

I’m glad that there is a glaring light on every player and entity involved. The pressure is on.
The whole country is watching. You really can't beat that kind of pressure and scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop