SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And also when their mum died I think they might have actually been boys, or at most 21. I always wondered why GM’s sister or one of the older members of family didn’t step in to guide TS. God bless them all. They seem like decent hardworking people.
The sons are older than that but I’m not allowed to say (had my post removed when I responded to that question.

I read that initially TS was the executer of GS estate but early on was advised to yield that power to Chad Westendorf, that CW - affiliated with the bank where AM had his Forge account.

All this Murdaugh money money money!!! I don't care how big a supposed "addict" AM was / is - there's no way he's spent multi-millions for personal drugs over the years. He would have been dead long ago. No. My belief is he's been squirreling away big money for a long time (a pending, long-brewing, $$$multi-million divorce would be a huge incentive to hide bank accounts and other assets).

btw, He is the most UN-addict-looking "addict" I've ever seen. LOL

JMO
And that local Hampton newspaper fellow who said it was news to the town and to AM’s brothers that he was an addict.

And his two lawyers don’t know if he’s been addicted for 10 years or twenty.

MOO. i'd like to know who, if anybody, was able to get prescription meds from AM. reason being that i've got doubts that AM was buying just for his own consumption. 20 years of substantial opiate use comes with several big downsides to the person using them. so i'd like to know if AM was ever in rehab before the latest stay. cause it seems to me he would have been. MOO. total speculation that AM might have been a gateway of sorts from the gang network his suppliers may have used to the good ole boy network of friends and family. i do remember some lawyer saying something like the period of time since the 2 murders had in many was increased his problems with meds. but they need to check out that guy AM said was his contact for the meds. watching an interview with that guy i did not get the feeling he would be using the cowboys as a source. i think neither party would be comfortable doing business with each other. MOO.

MOO. i'd like to know who, if anybody, was able to get prescription meds from AM. reason being that i've got doubts that AM was buying just for his own consumption. 20 years of substantial opiate use comes with several big downsides to the person using them. so i'd like to know if AM was ever in rehab before the latest stay. cause it seems to me he would have been. MOO. total speculation that AM might have been a gateway of sorts from the gang network his suppliers may have used to the good ole boy network of friends and family. i do remember some lawyer saying something like the period of time since the 2 murders had in many was increased his problems with meds. but they need to check out that guy AM said was his contact for the meds. watching an interview with that guy i did not get the feeling he would be using the cowboys as a source. i think neither party would be comfortable doing business with each other. MOO.
ITA and they wouldn't be doing business by check !!!!! MOO MOO MOO

The Dateline episode and national attention on this case is well deserved. The Murdaughs and 'friends' won't be getting a pass anymore, Alex didn't carry on his shenanigans in a complete vacuum.

I want to see Maggie and Paul's murderer(s) brought to justice most of all and restitution to all of those they swindled and harmed along the way.

MOO

That’s the only u thing that I can think of why they are so silent. Most responsible officials would at least try and offer the citizens some assurance that they are working to clear up something like 2 murders. It just seems to me that they are trying to avoid the topic.
I highly doubt that any LE agency involved in this investigation is turning a blind eye into finding out who murdered AM and PM. In my opinion it is ridiculous to think they are not working on the murder case with all of the resources now at hand.

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A state grand jury is looking into a trail of money from Alex Murdaugh’s alleged opioid drug habit to a Lowcountry gang based in the Walterboro-area and believed to be called the “Cowboys,” according to sources familiar with the investigation.

The money trail linking Murdaugh is allegedly in checks he wrote to a person who, in turn, would write checks to couriers to buy drugs, the sources said. The couriers are believed to have bought the drugs from Cowboys gang affiliates, they said.

The sources did not want their identities divulged because they are not authorized to speak on confidential investigations.

In a September interview with TODAY Show host Craig Melvin, Murdaugh’s attorney, S.C. Sen. Dick Harpootlian, said “it was uncovered that he had ... converted some client and law firm money to his own use and spent most of that on opioids.”

Harpootlian’s interview about Murdaugh taking client and law firm money was the first public statement on the matter.

Harpootlian said “the vast majority was used to buy drugs.”

This is the second reported grand jury involved in a case related to the Murdaugh family. Sources told the Island Packet, Beaufort Gazette and State newspapers that a grand jury is examining whether there was obstruction of justice in the investigation into Mallory Beach’s death.

SC grand jury to look at drug money trail from Alex Murdaugh to Lowcountry gang, sources say

Seems that AM’s team is going to go with the “addict” versus “dealer.

Yet he says that AM used the money to “buy” drugs. I’m sure the sentencing is lighter for user then for a dealer.

Jmo

COLUMBIA, S.C. — A state grand jury is looking into a trail of money from Alex Murdaugh’s alleged opioid drug habit to a Lowcountry gang based in the Walterboro-area and believed to be called the “Cowboys,” according to sources familiar with the investigation.

The money trail linking Murdaugh is allegedly in checks he wrote to a person who, in turn, would write checks to couriers to buy drugs, the sources said. The couriers are believed to have bought the drugs from Cowboys gang affiliates, they said.

The sources did not want their identities divulged because they are not authorized to speak on confidential investigations.

In a September interview with TODAY Show host Craig Melvin, Murdaugh’s attorney, S.C. Sen. Dick Harpootlian, said “it was uncovered that he had ... converted some client and law firm money to his own use and spent most of that on opioids.”

Harpootlian’s interview about Murdaugh taking client and law firm money was the first public statement on the matter.

Harpootlian said “the vast majority was used to buy drugs.”

This is the second reported grand jury involved in a case related to the Murdaugh family. Sources told the Island Packet, Beaufort Gazette and State newspapers that a grand jury is examining whether there was obstruction of justice in the investigation into Mallory Beach’s death.

SC grand jury to look at drug money trail from Alex Murdaugh to Lowcountry gang, sources say

Seems that AM’s team is going to go with the “addict” versus “dealer.

Yet he says that AM used the money to “buy” drugs. I’m sure the sentencing is lighter for user then for a dealer.

Jmo

If anyone would be able to vet AM 20 year drug addiction it would be Maggie. If she were alive he wouldn’t be able to make that claim if it’s false.

It’s interesting to note that the majority of these payments made by check (over $200,000) were made AFTER the murders of Maggie and Paul.

“More than $200,000 worth of checks were written between early June, when Murdaugh’s wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, were shot to death at the family home, and in early September when Murdaugh allegedly staged a botched suicide attempt, sources said. The murders are still unsolved.”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy

Drug dealers do not do business by check, y’all.

During my years of hard drug use I’ve written checks, used cards, even bought gas as a trade. Now these methods like the pay sites and apps are common. I’ve been out of the loop for some time but it isn’t just a cash only thing.

And I find a 20 year habit to be possible. Some 20 years back was when the OxyContin thing started to get big, I remember well as that’s about the time I got into that mess. I worked in news at the time and remember reports of od deaths with people that I personally knew from being in the same circles. To go 20 years would be lucky without a mishap either legally or od related but I think very possible.

i was listening to the podcast , the murdaugh family murders ep.25 if i remember and a lawyer for AM was talking about the head wound. the interviewer , as well as myself, assumed by an entry and exit wound to the head that the bullet entered the skull. not the case said the lawyer. it was an entry and exit wound to the scalp. i started thinking how is that even possible?. bullets travel in straight lines mostly so how could it enter the scalp , tunnel between the scalp and skull for a distance, then exit the scalp.? so i arrived at AM probably has excess scalp skin maybe due to some fat layer or something and he pulled on his hair which pulled the skin/scalp away from the skull and shot through that fold in skin. but maybe not. just speculation and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell