SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(continued from #739)

Murdaugh quickly checked into a drug rehab facility, and his attorneys blamed the staged suicide plot on an opioid addiction that had festered for 20 years and had grown worse since the June 7 killings of his wife and son at a family hunting lodge in Colleton County. His lawyers, Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin, said he funneled vast sums into his drug habit.

The two lawyers declined to comment Oct. 29 when asked about the grand jury probe.

The lawyers have pointed to his co-defendant in the assisted suicide plot, 61-year-old Curtis “Fast Eddie” Smith, as Murdaugh’s drug supplier, though Smith has denied that in multiple media interviews.

The grand jury probe is said to extend beyond Smith and into a larger network of suppliers who fed Murdaugh’s growing and increasingly expensive pill habit.

Last edited:
A state grand jury is looking into a trail of money from Alex Murdaugh’s alleged opioid drug habit to a Lowcountry gang based in the Walterboro-area and believed to be called the “Cowboys,” according to sources familiar with the investigation.
The money trail linking Murdaugh is allegedly in checks he wrote to a person who, in turn, would write checks to couriers to buy drugs, the sources said. The couriers are believed to have bought the drugs from Cowboys gang affiliates, they said.
The drugs that would make their way back to Murdaugh were primarily meth and opioids, according to the sources.
Sources said the SLED agents may have already made some arrests in the case.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy

Now, we are getting some traction. Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Some really scary folks.

Perhaps AM, Buster, and other Ms should be looking over their shoulders, if these guys are as nasty as they sound.

Now, we are getting some traction. Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Some really scary folks.

Perhaps AM, Buster, and other Ms should be looking over their shoulders, if these guys are as nasty as they sound.

It is at least an angle on possible suspects depending on how deep AM supposedly was with this group. It sounds a bit far fetched to me but we shall see.

A state grand jury is looking into a trail of money from Alex Murdaugh’s alleged opioid drug habit to a Lowcountry gang based in the Walterboro-area and believed to be called the “Cowboys,” according to sources familiar with the investigation.
The money trail linking Murdaugh is allegedly in checks he wrote to a person who, in turn, would write checks to couriers to buy drugs, the sources said. The couriers are believed to have bought the drugs from Cowboys gang affiliates, they said.
The drugs that would make their way back to Murdaugh were primarily meth and opioids, according to the sources.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy
Puleeze, someone explain to me why this convoluted movement of money was necessary when it was all done in written checks.

...and AM has no idea who murdered his wife and son?

Maybe I’m not even close to correct about hiding /\ /\money!;);)

I find it curious his father, brother, and Parker loaned him such significant amounts of money, particularly Parker as AM kept coming back for more and they weren’t even related.

Wonder what AM was telling them he needed money for? His brother and father certainly could have suggested he start selling off the boat, hunt club membership, the Merc or Rover, some real estate, etc. if he was struggling.

His addiction could be gambling not opioids. But I still feel like there was some significant drug operation going on and connected to Boll Weevil relationship. AM had motivation to murder but these huge debts and nature of murders also feel like a hit: payback or warning. Just musing. OMO.

Have always thought gambling........... these big bucks are not opiods. And I truly believe the opiods are just the distraction....

It has to be high stake gambling.............. low stake can become high stake soooooooooooooooo easily.

i still think the opiods are a well developed, and wide scale conspiracy to cover gambing.

We will see.

This gang thing is a diversion, MOO. Look at the unsavory gang members, they are saying; not at the legions of unsavory lawyers and wealthy people who rubbed shoulders w Murdaughs. Look over there...

Im of the notion that all of these diversions are to distract from the fact they they are completely in the dark with these murders. I know it’s the proverbial dead horse beating but I haven’t seen a thing on these murder victims in some time and folks must wonder why. C’mon media, turn up the heat as this mess is going nowhere fast. Hopefully this will be brought up in the elections next year and prompt McMaster to prompt SLED.

Im of the notion that all of these diversions are to distract from the fact they they are completely in the dark with these murders. I know it’s the proverbial dead horse beating but I haven’t seen a thing on these murder victims in some time and folks must wonder why. C’mon media, turn up the heat as this mess is going nowhere fast. Hopefully this will be brought up in the elections next year and prompt McMaster to prompt SLED.

Who do you think is “in the dark”?

Who do you think is “in the dark”?

LE. I don’t think they are any closer to finding out who killed these people now as the night that it happened and are happy to have citizens chasing AMs bank records and dope habits rather than asking about solving murders or their own safety will loose killers.

LE. I don’t think they are any closer to finding out who killed these people now as the night that it happened and are happy to have citizens chasing AMs bank records and dope habits rather than asking about solving murders or their own safety will loose killers.

Got it. As I’m watching this I’m wondering if SLED knows. Why have they been so quiet? Doesn’t make sense unless they don’t know anything…or they are sitting on something.

This gang thing is a diversion, MOO. Look at the unsavory gang members, they are saying; not at the legions of unsavory lawyers and wealthy people who rubbed shoulders w Murdaughs. Look over there...
Yeah, scary "Cowboys" who write checks for dope. Twice.
Oooh.
Not your regulation Hell's Angels or Pagans, these Cowboys.

“More than $200,000 worth of checks were written between early June, when Murdaugh’s wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, were shot to death at the family home, and in early September when Murdaugh allegedly staged a botched suicide attempt, sources said.”

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy

This is an interesting timeline for when checks were issued. I would imagine that if a person didn’t claim to have a drug addiction then LE might be looking at these checks as payment for a hit ? Who writes checks to purchase drugs ? Who would write checks for drugs when there is a SLED investigation into the murder of their wife and son ?

“More than $200,000 worth of checks were written between early June, when Murdaugh’s wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, were shot to death at the family home, and in early September when Murdaugh allegedly staged a botched suicide attempt, sources said.”
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255393791.html#storylink=cpy

This is an interesting timeline for when checks were issued. I would imagine that if a person didn’t claim to have a drug addiction then LE might be looking at these checks as payment for a hit ? Who writes checks to purchase drugs ? Who would write checks for drugs when there is a SLED investigation into the murder of their wife and son ?

And prior to that they were only $10-20K per month. Hmmm....

Got it. As I’m watching this I’m wondering if SLED knows. Why have they been so quiet? Doesn’t make sense unless they don’t know anything…or they are sitting on something.

That’s the only u thing that I can think of why they are so silent. Most responsible officials would at least try and offer the citizens some assurance that they are working to clear up something like 2 murders. It just seems to me that they are trying to avoid the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly