SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Murdaugh lawyer shares more details on unsolved slayings, staged shooting in interview

... Maggie Murdaugh was spending time in the family’s Edisto home that spring, Griffin said, but only because she was working on renovations there. Griffin said the pair would text each other affectionate messages each night before going to bed. ...

So AM had enough money for alleged "renovations" but not enough money to pay the taxes on Edisto to avoid tax liens*? Not buying "renovations".

imho, AM quit paying the taxes because MM moved to Edisto in July 2020 (per her FB post) in anticipation of a divorce.

* 2020 $6000.
2021 $7000.

Motion for temporary injunction filed that names Alex Murdaugh, son Buster, lawsuit shows

ETA: I'm no construction expert, but 1) Edisto doesn't appear that large and 2) one would think that an owner would move OUT of the property getting "renovations", not move into it.

JMO

Last edited:
Couple of things have been on my mind:

1) With the “saw Pops at hospital in afternoon — went home and napped — visited with demented Mom — came home about 10p” scenario, that has Elleck napping in the 5 - 7p range? Seems a weird time for a 53-year-old to nap, don’t you think? And he doesn’t mention eating dinner. Maybe because he wasn’t napping? But then ME puts deaths between 9 - 9.30.

<sbm>

In the interest of (attempted) fairness to AM, having two very sick, elderly parents can be exhausting (and stressful and disrupts any normal routine). Even just sitting bedside can take a lot out of a person. When I've gone through it, I had no schedule for sleeping or eating.. Just did what I could when I could when not at the hospital or health facility.

See, and I recall reading that AM, mom AND caregiver were watching TV together that night. The testimony or statement from the caregiver hit me as extremely pivotal for AM’s alibi. Wish I remember which source I found that in.

i hope you can remember too. I don't think we have seen anything concrete about the voice OR THE WHERABOUTS of the caretaker..........

Couple of things have been on my mind:

1) With the “saw Pops at hospital in afternoon — went home and napped — visited with demented Mom — came home about 10p” scenario, that has Elleck napping in the 5 - 7p range? Seems a weird time for a 53-year-old to nap, don’t you think? And he doesn’t mention eating dinner. Maybe because he wasn’t napping? But then ME puts deaths between 9 - 9.30.

2) Was Pops behind the June 7 murder knowing he had nothing to loose? I can’t recall one single thing that actually points to him except my compulsion to pin it on someone! And he would have motivation to get rid of anyone who might ruin the reputation and financial security of his family and/or law firm.

3) Only a day or two after the double murder LE says they have come across evidence that causes them to want to reopen SS case — a cold case, not fresh in everyone’s minds. What might that be? Something that belonged to SS? Insensitive posters in boys’ rooms? An email on a computer? I can’t imagine because after all the time that had past, you’d think any direct evidence would have been disposed of. Did what they tell us sound like evidence was at Moselle or in PM apartment or somewhere else?

I am responding to #3.....
3) Only a day or two after the double murder LE says they have come across evidence that causes them to want to reopen SS case...

In the very beginning I wondered it reopening the SS case was PLANTED by someone trying to DEFEND Alex.... Like "saying they were sure the murder was revenge from SS allies". Paul was now dead, so he could no longer be implicated in anything with SS. I know the stronger rumour was that SS was somehow connected to Buster...

Yet another deflection......

but anyway... as I said I had that thought in the beginning, after the double murder...it doesn't hold any weight today... so am just as curious as you as to the source of the reopening the case...

Feds are investigating Alex Murdaugh's alleged financial crimes, attorneys say

Feds are investigating Alex Murdaugh's alleged financial crimes, attorneys say

Jim Griffin, one of Murdaugh’s defense attorneys, told The Post and Courier he participated in an Oct. 14 conference call with federal prosecutors to discuss their investigation into his client’s alleged financial crimes. Prosecutors with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for South Carolina wanted to know whether Murdaugh would cooperate with their probe, Griffin said.

Meanwhile, Charleston attorney Ronnie Richter told the newspaper he has “direct knowledge” that the FBI is investigating whether Murdaugh stole some $3.4 million from a legal settlement meant for the sons of Murdaugh’s late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield.

Federal investigators are better staffed and more equipped than SLED to follow the money in complex white-collar cases and bring charges against Murdaugh and any co-conspirators, said former U.S. Attorney for South Carolina Pete Strom.

“The FBI has CPA analysts, very complicated financial analytical software and the benefit of a federal grand jury to obtain records that would be much more difficult for the state to get,” Strom said.

Without that protection, the lawyers said, Murdaugh and his remaining son, Buster, might take steps to hide millions of dollars in cash and assets so they can’t be recovered in the lawsuits.

Judge Daniel Hall has scheduled a hearing in Chesterfield County on Friday to consider the requests.

And this week, the Satterfields’ attorneys said they had reached an agreement that dismisses Murdaugh’s former law firm, PMPED, from any legal liability in the case. Richter would not disclose whether PMPED paid the family any money, saying only, "We can confirm that the Satterfield family has reconciled its differences with the Murdaugh law firm."

Murdaugh, one of just two defendants remaining in the case, was served with the lawsuit last week, records show.

What does this mean.????

"
Without that protection, the lawyers said, Murdaugh and his remaining son, Buster, might take steps to hide millions of dollars in cash and assets so they can’t be recovered in the lawsuits.""
What protection?

And if Sattersfields have reached an agreement, why would the feds still be investigating the Satterfield money???

Alex Murdaugh lawyer shares more details on unsolved slayings, staged shooting in interview

... Maggie Murdaugh was spending time in the family’s Edisto home that spring, Griffin said, but only because she was working on renovations there. Griffin said the pair would text each other affectionate messages each night before going to bed. ...

So AM had enough money for alleged "renovations" but not enough money to pay the taxes on Edisto to avoid tax liens*? Not buying "renovations".

imho, AM quit paying the taxes because MM moved to Edisto in July 2020 (per her FB post) in anticipation of a divorce.

* 2020 $6000.
2021 $7000.

Motion for temporary injunction filed that names Alex Murdaugh, son Buster, lawsuit shows

ETA: I'm no construction expert, but 1) Edisto doesn't appear that large and 2) one would think that an owner would move OUT of the property getting "renovations", not move into it.

JMO

I was just going to say the very same thing - you don't usually move into a place to live among the wreckage of renovations, you move out. It's like opposite day every day for this guy.

And very good point about the taxes not being paid in relation to MM moving into Edisto as well as these so called renovations.

What does this mean.????

"
Without that protection, the lawyers said, Murdaugh and his remaining son, Buster, might take steps to hide millions of dollars in cash and assets so they can’t be recovered in the lawsuits.""
What protection?

And if Sattersfields have reached an agreement, why would the feds still be investigating the Satterfield money???

Murdaugh Murders: Judge To Hear Motions On Freezing Alex And Buster’s Assets This Week

Murdaugh Murders: Judge To Hear Motions On Freezing Alex And Buster’s Assets This Week

In the motion, Tinsley asks the court to appoint two outside parties — attorney John T. Lay Jr. and former U.S. attorney Peter M. McCoy Jr. — to have control over Alex and Buster Murdaugh’s assets, which is known as “receivership” in the court. This would give Lay and McCoy broad powers to not only lock up Alex and Buster Murdaugh’s assets, but to sue for the recovery of their assets as well.

Elley... i missed something. When was this sale of land....

♀️ my bad

Buster “acted as Alex Murdaugh’s agent and executed a satisfaction of a mortgage with a face value of $970,354.00 on a 42 acre property located in Hampton and Colleton Counties.

He satisfied a mortgage not sold.
Now looking at that seems awful high for 42 acres.

3) Only a day or two after the double murder LE says they have come across evidence that causes them to want to reopen SS case...

In the very beginning I wondered it reopening the SS case was PLANTED by someone trying to DEFEND Alex.... Like "saying they were sure the murder was revenge from SS allies". Paul was now dead, so he could no longer be implicated in anything with SS. I know the stronger rumour was that SS was somehow connected to Buster...

but anyway... as I said I had that thought in the beginning, after the double murder...it doesn't hold any weight today... so am just as curious as you as to the source of the reopening the case...

The Murdaugh name came up more than 40 times in the investigation….

Stephen Smith Case Files Part 3: Murdaugh Rumors Fly During 2015 Investigation

I read this a bit back, I don’t recall PM being mentioned, it was BM and “friends”.

BM was called and emailed about the case to talk about what he knew and BM never returned call or email.

In the motion, Tinsley asks the court to appoint two outside parties — attorney John T. Lay Jr. and former U.S. attorney Peter M. McCoy Jr. — to have control over Alex and Buster Murdaugh’s assets, which is known as “receivership” in the court. This would give Lay and McCoy broad powers to not only lock up Alex and Buster Murdaugh’s assets, but to sue for the recovery of their assets as well.

oh, ok..... "protection" over the assets..........

I can never read the fits news............ so whenever you can provide more text, it really helps.............

thanks

♀️ my bad

Buster “acted as Alex Murdaugh’s agent and executed a satisfaction of a mortgage with a face value of $970,354.00 on a 42 acre property located in Hampton and Colleton Counties.

Not where I live!!! ha ha.

I would suspect that Low Country is quite expensive in the wild markets of today..........

Interesting...did that caregiver actually tell someone in the media that AM was there at Mom's, at the murders timeline? I've never heard that and you'd think that would have been plastered throughout the M-friendly media.
I recall reading this too - AM was alibied by carer at his Mums facility

i hope you can remember too. I don't think we have seen anything concrete about the voice OR THE WHERABOUTS of the caretaker..........
I recall hearing that AM was with his mother who has dementia, watching a game show on TV and his mother’s caretaker was with them. That was from an interview with one of AM’s lawyers, Iirc it was Jim Griffin and someone posted the interview in three segments a thread or so back.
My big take away from that interview is that the lawyer didn’t mention the visit to the hospital to see his dad. My impression was that he (JM) was reconstructing the alibi.

I don’t know how relevant this is to #3 on your list but I believe it was RM (the 3rd or 4th, anyway AM’s brother) reached out to SS’s family offering them representation. I don’t see how that would be enough to reopen the case. But remember the conflicting accounts of his death caused quite a stir and they wanted to see if his COD had been tainted.

♀️ my bad

That does seem way high. Maybe money laundering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528