SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that really bothers me about a hired gun...if AM did hire someone (Interestingly he did say he tried to convince/hire Eddie) why were MM and PM not killed with the same weapon? Was it just done to confuse investigators, were there actually two assassins who preferred different weapons? I don't believe so.

One of the weapons was found/left at the murder scene. That's always made me think it could be a Murdaugh owned weapon. It's also been reported that the M's owned a weapon similar to the weapon that killed MM but it's yet to be located. So the Murdaugh weapon found at the the scene most likely wasn't the AR that killed MM. By process of elimination it must be the shotgun that killed PM that was left at the scene.

PM was most likely killed with a family weapon (IMO the shotgun) and MM was killed with an AR that the M's also were know to have had the same type but it's not been located. It's very intriguing to me. No wonder AM was named early on as a POI.

It just doesn't seem logical that a hitman was hired. AJMO

Agreed. I'm not buying a hitman did it. AM absolutely had the means, motive and opportunity to do the deadly deed himself.

Very strange that one gun was left at the scene and the other is missing. Sloppy / incompetent. Hitmen don't do that.

I think there was one killer who used two different weapons to make it falsely appear that there were two killers

I'm no expert on these matters LOL but seems to me that an experienced, professional hitman certainly would not need two different guns to kill two people at the same location.

Another thing - imho, a professional hitman wouldn't need to shoot his victims multiple times to get the job done. He'd know exactly where to shoot to get the job done cleanly and efficiently, i.e. no wasted ammo or effort.

Both MM and PM were shot multiple times with guns that specifically cause maximum damage (shotgun and assault rifle), suggesting these were killings of anger / rage. The killer didn't simply want them dead - he wanted them destroyed.

JMO

Murdaugh has to respond to Bland’s lawsuit soon as a deadline is approaching next week. This means he has three options — none of which are good, according to Bland.

He can admit fault in the lawsuit, which is what he did in his brother and law partner’s lawsuits in a move that essentially prioritizes their ability to recover funds over other victims of his alleged financial crimes. If he admits fault, he would be admitting to crimes.

For his second option in the lawsuit, Alex Murdaugh can deny it — which further torpedoes his spiraling reputation considering his shady moves last week, and all of the evidence that has already been stacked against him in this case.

Or he can file a motion and plead the fifth amendment.

After Palmetto State Bank Settled, Alex Murdaugh Is The Only Defendant Left In Satterfield Lawsuit

Palmetto State Bank is the fifth potentially liable party to have settled or resolved differences with the Satterfield family since Bland and Richter filed their lawsuit on September 15. They have recovered funds that exceeded the original $4.3 million — even without Murdaugh offering a dime.

Something that really bothers me about a hired gun...if AM did hire someone (Interestingly he did say he tried to convince/hire Eddie) why were MM and PM not killed with the same weapon? Was it just done to confuse investigators, were there actually two assassins who preferred different weapons? I don't believe so.

One of the weapons was found/left at the murder scene. That's always made me think it could be a Murdaugh owned weapon. It's also been reported that the M's owned a weapon similar to the weapon that killed MM but it's yet to be located. So the Murdaugh weapon found at the the scene most likely wasn't the AR that killed MM. By process of elimination it must be the shotgun that killed PM that was left at the scene.

PM was most likely killed with a family weapon (IMO the shotgun) and MM was killed with an AR that the M's also were know to have had the same type but it's not been located. It's very intriguing to me. No wonder AM was named early on as a POI.

It just doesn't seem logical that a hitman was hired. AJMO

My theory is that Alex planned to kill Maggie because she was planning to divorce him and had ordered a financial audit, which was about to expose his wrongdoings. He laid in wait for her at the kennels and shot her with his AR and the same Blackout ammo he’d used earlier in the day for hog hunting.
I believe he then established his alibi by driving to Varnville to visit his mother, throwing Maggie’s phone out the window as he left Moselle and the AR in the swampy waters along his route. That’s what investigators were looking for in the water but have unfortunately been unable to find.
Eddie was the clean-up guy. After all, Alex paid well for odd jobs, and this was no different for someone who was “like a brother.” While cleaning up the scene, he was surprised by Paul, who had received a call from his buddy about checking on his dog at their kennels. A struggle ensued, and Paul was killed with a nearby shotgun. This weapon was left at the scene and has been confirmed as the Murdaugh’s as well.
Paul’s murder was unplanned and therefore much messier.
The scene was then staged in an attempt to explain Paul’s death and steer investigators away from the real intended victim (Maggie).
It was set up to look like a revenge killing, with Paul tied up (rumor) even though he was shot through the arm into the head while in a defensive position.
This is why it benefits both Alex & Eddie to stay quiet, and it explains why both men would attempt to throw investigators off the trail with the Salkehatchie Rd. shooting. Remember Alex described the shooter as a young man with very short hair, so he wasn’t trying to pin it on Eddie.

MOO

Sounds reasonable. Now to find the carcass of one of the hogs Alex shot (if any) and ballistically match the slugs.
In this scenario, Alex may have wanted to frame Eddie for both murders by faking a murder attempt on himself (with eddies unwitting help) The meeting between the two explained by a need to "pay Eddie off". Eddie, shifty but not stupid, was ready for him. Not Eddie can't really say anything because of his involvement.
This would be a great "COLUMBO" episode.
Guest stars- The sheriff from Rambo as Alex
- Jim the taxi driver from TAXI as Eddie.
- The guy who played "Mayhem" in those commercials as Harpootlian. or maybe the guy who played Herb Tarlek in WKRP.

Alex Murdaugh pleads the 5th in response to SC firm’s embezzlement lawsuit

Suspended Hampton lawyer Alex Murdaugh, in an answer filed in Colleton County Friday, declined to respond to his former law firm’s allegations that he funneled money stolen from clients and his former law firm into a fake bank account for years.

In the two-page filing, Murdaugh asserted his constitutional privilege against self-incrimination in response to an embezzlement lawsuit filed last month by Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED), the law firm founded by Murdaugh’s great-grandfather in 1910.

That right not to comment is enshrined in the 5th Amendment in the U.S. Constitution’s Bill of Rights.

Murdaugh does not face criminal charges in the alleged theft of law firm money but the S.C. Law Enforcement Division is investigating.

The law firm has not made public how much money it believes Murdaugh stole.

But sources familiar with the case estimated the amount to be as high as $10 million or more.

The law firm’s civil lawsuit alleged that Murdaugh “was able to covertly steal... funds by disguising disbursements from settlements as payments” to Murdaugh’s fraudulent account.

Murdaugh’s response, filed by attorneys Jim Griffin and Dick Harpootlian, made clear that the once-prominent Murdaugh, who was head of the state trial lawyers association several years ago, will remain mum to the accusations — at least for now.

PMPED’s lawsuit against Murdaugh, filed Oct. 6, came one day after court documents indicated the firm could be implicated in Murdaugh’s scheme to divert a multimillion-dollar settlement away from the heirs of his former housekeeper.

No attorneys from the law firm were available to comment on Murdaugh’s response Friday afternoon.

I think that’s correct. We don’t know exactly where or how many times she was shot I don’t think.

I’m curious on this rifle that’s similar to the one Maggie was murdered with. I’m sure LE would make it clear to AA that he shouldn’t even dream of getting out on bail without producing that rifle.

I have thought you have access to the FITS news site?? And you are somewhat local to this area of SC, right?
Maybe you could send an inquiry to FITS, for us all!!!

you know, like can Fits put pressure on getting more of the details of the murders released. It is really ridiculous how much is hidden.

My theory is that Alex planned to kill Maggie because she was planning to divorce him and had ordered a financial audit, which was about to expose his wrongdoings. He laid in wait for her at the kennels and shot her with his AR and the same Blackout ammo he’d used earlier in the day for hog hunting.
I believe he then established his alibi by driving to Varnville to visit his mother, throwing Maggie’s phone out the window as he left Moselle and the AR in the swampy waters along his route. That’s what investigators were looking for in the water but have unfortunately been unable to find.
Eddie was the clean-up guy. After all, Alex paid well for odd jobs, and this was no different for someone who was “like a brother.” While cleaning up the scene, he was surprised by Paul, who had received a call from his buddy about checking on his dog at their kennels. A struggle ensued, and Paul was killed with a nearby shotgun. This weapon was left at the scene and has been confirmed as the Murdaugh’s as well.
Paul’s murder was unplanned and therefore much messier.
The scene was then staged in an attempt to explain Paul’s death and steer investigators away from the real intended victim (Maggie).
It was set up to look like a revenge killing, with Paul tied up (rumor) even though he was shot through the arm into the head while in a defensive position.
This is why it benefits both Alex & Eddie to stay quiet, and it explains why both men would attempt to throw investigators off the trail with the Salkehatchie Rd. shooting. Remember Alex described the shooter as a young man with very short hair, so he wasn’t trying to pin it on Eddie.

MOO

My speculation is similar to yours. MM the target, Paul because he went there.

I was trying to find early early posts that referenced that AM was moaning something about "paul, you didn't have to be here". Can someone help me out here..... Is this even an accurate memory???

ButI still think pappa M still had the best connections to make it happen to MM. ... without a trace.

When do you think that murder charges for PM and MM will be made? (Against anyone) Hoping that justice is grinding fine, because it sure seems exceedingly slow!

I honestly would settle in for a long wait. There is a lot of other crimes being investigated and to charge him for apparently and which could be linked to murder, and while those crimes probably have statute of limitations, murder does not. SLED is definitely building a case slowly. They only get one shot. AM is sitting in jail, at least.

On Sept. 2, 2021, a check was found on his (Murdaugh’s) desk” made payable to Alexander Murdaugh from another law firm, the PMPED lawsuit said. Checks for legal work should have been made out to the firm, the lawsuit said.

“According to the notation on the check, it was a partial payment of the fees at issue,” the lawsuit said. “However... it had been deposited into a personal account for Alex Murdaugh and not PMPED.”

“This discovery prompted a review of prior settlements of cases Murdaugh resolved. This review showed numerous checks” with questionable notations, the lawsuit said.

Questions to Murdaugh about the unpaid fee “failed to produce a satisfactory explanation.”

“This review showed numerous checks made payable to ‘Forge’ or ‘Forge Consulting, LLC’,” the lawsuit said.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article255771656.html

PMPED’s lawsuit states that Murdaugh was able to get away with this for years through a personal Bank of America account titled “‘Alexander Murdaugh d/b/a Forge’, a [fictitious] entity that provides no services and makes no products for sale.“

I was trying to find early early posts that referenced that AM was moaning something about "paul, you didn't have to be here". Can someone help me out here..... Is this even an accurate memory???

ButI still think pappa M still had the best connections to make it happen to MM. ... without a trace.

No

Some said they thought AM said, For God’s sake Paul why’d you have to get involved.

Iirc

Jmo

It was the 911 call from Moselle. Some of us thought that when he went over to Paul’s body, there was a guttural sob and it sounded like he said, “For God’s sake, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?” It’s difficult to hear because the 911 operator is speaking over him. But that’s what it sounds like he says IMO.

It was the 911 call from Moselle. Some of us thought that when he went over to Paul’s body, there was a guttural sob and it sounded like he said, “For God’s sake, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?” It’s difficult to hear because the 911 operator is speaking over him. But that’s what it sounds like he says IMO.

thanks... it says much to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member