SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell Phones at Richland County Detention Center

Over the past months some have wondered if AM was allowed his cell phone while locked up. I just returned from a trip to Columbia, S.C., where DH indulged me in some site seeing. (See photos.) Please note the signs at the Alvin Glenn Detention Center that state “no cell phones.”

As might be expected, the lane from the state road up to the detention compound houses numerous bond financing companies and an establishment that appears to offer redemption through religion. My personal favorite was “Bad Boys Bonds.” I guess none of these guys can foot $7M.

Attachments

• F1B53ED3-E238-4351-90CC-C26700E409F4.jpeg
    F1B53ED3-E238-4351-90CC-C26700E409F4.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 35
  • E8D6650C-214B-4927-B114-61048BF15EB1.jpeg
    E8D6650C-214B-4927-B114-61048BF15EB1.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 79F352B6-6CA9-4A52-9F99-EA9FAECACDD3.jpeg
    79F352B6-6CA9-4A52-9F99-EA9FAECACDD3.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 33
Additional to my snooping around I located the Columbia office of our hero (MOO) Eric Bland, Esq. (The main office is in Charleston.) The entrance for his practice is at the back of the building. Just thought some of you might be curious. One interesting feature were bright yellow signs on each side of the building warning in red and black text that the building is under constant police surveillance.

Attachments

• 04F40DA3-6C41-408B-8337-6EC32F9F82CD.jpeg
    04F40DA3-6C41-408B-8337-6EC32F9F82CD.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 40
  • B9A1C468-05F3-4D85-8DD8-1AA187707A08.jpeg
    B9A1C468-05F3-4D85-8DD8-1AA187707A08.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 36

Over the past months some have wondered if AM was allowed his cell phone while locked up. I just returned from a trip to Columbia, S.C., where DH indulged me in some site seeing. (See photos.) Please note the signs at the Alvin Glenn Detention Center that state “no cell phones.”

As might be expected, the lane from the state road up to the detention compound houses numerous bond financing companies and an establishment that appears to offer redemption through religion. My personal favorite was “Bad Boys Bonds.” I guess none of these guys can foot $7M.

Cell phones in jails have been a major problem across this state according to many, many reports for some time now. If he is getting access to one it’s not part of the official jail gig I’m sure.

Did anyone else catch Cousin Eddie on the new 48 Hours on ID about the Murdaugh's that aired 4/7?

He's still in his jailhouse threads so he's obviously still incarcerated. It makes me wonder if what his role in all of this will turn out to be and if he is cooperating with LE.
Sorry I missed the April 7 edition of 48 Hours. It does not seem to be posted online yet — are you sure about date? The website lists a show for April 2 and April 9, and neither seem to include Murdaugh content.

Related: had long discussion today with DH Esq. (with criminal trial experience). In his opinion, LE does not have enough evidence to charge anyone with murders, and the longer this goes the less likely it is there will be charges. He says evidence weakens with time. Just his opinion.

Last edited:

Thanks for your treks! I drive from Florida to Vermont in the summer and go through Columbia often... to have a "feel" for a place helps one understand more. And learning more about the Low Country has been interesting.
People who live in Rexberg ID, AND people who made treks through there over the past two years, kept bringing more 'life" to the Daybell/Vallow saga as well.

‘Murdaugh Murders’ Saga: Financial Probe Metastasizing

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/15/murdaugh-murders-saga-financial-probe-metastasizing/

On December 21, 2011 – two months after the Hakeem Pinckney was taken off of life support – the settlement fund earmarked for his mother paid PMPED more than $35,000 in three separate installments of precise amounts – $12,305.34, $12,310.26 and $10,785.02. A fourth disbursement, though, was a more precise total – $150,000.

On the same day, Moss, Kuhn and Fleming was paid a total of more than $675,000 from the settlement fund – in addition to the monies disbursed to PMPED and to Murdaugh. Palmetto State Bank was also paid nearly $34,000 from the fund – more than $28,000 of which it received on December 21, 2011.

More than six years later, in March of 2017, the fund paid Alex Murdaugh the oddly specific amount of $4,560 – leaving a balance of just over $89,000 in the settlement account. That is the money Murdaugh is accused of embezzling from his former law partners after the firm was paid in May 2017 – depleting the fund.

The extent of the criminal exposure facing the Moss Kuhn law firm (beyond the Fleming indictments, anyway) is not immediately clear, but its founding partner took out a bizarre loan within the last few months on his home Beaufort, S.C.

Continued

According to documents obtained by this news outlet, the loan taken out by James H. Moss against his $2.3 million home at 604 Pinckney Street in Beaufort, S.C. is for $1.2 million – with a payoff date of (get this) August 28, 2090.

Moss is 81 years old. He would be just three days shy of his 150th birthday when his loan comes due.

“Why in the world would a successful lawyer at the end of his career need to borrow $1.2 million?” one source wondered.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/15/murdaugh-murders-saga-financial-probe-metastasizing/

Sorry I missed the April 7 edition of 48 Hours. It does not seem to be posted online yet — are you sure about date? The website lists a show for April 2 and April 9, and neither seem to include Murdaugh content.

Related: had long discussion today with DH Esq. (with criminal trial experience). In his opinion, LE does not have enough evidence to charge anyone with murders, and the longer this goes the less likely it is there will be charges. He says evidence weakens with time. Just his opinion.
Yeah, I just checked the recording it was 48 Hours on ID original airdate 4/7/22. I hadn't seen it before, as it showed 'Cousin Eddie' in his jail duds talking about how he wrestled the gun out of AM's hand during the roadside 'murder attempt'.

Last edited:
Private Eyes & Public Mudslinging | The Murdaugh Murders, Money and Mystery | Unsolved South Carolina | ABC News in Charleston, S.C., 14 April 2022

Sarah Capelli is a private detective who's been ordered by a judge to turn over records detailing her work following Paul Murdaugh and his friends in the months before Paul and his mother, Maggie, were murdered.

Those records include undercover videos and GPS tracking data Capelli gathered in her surveillance of Paul.
Capelli says she's happy to turn over everything, and is adamant all her work was on the up-and-up and above reproach from an ethics standpoint.

But that's contrary to the allegations of Mark Tinsley, the attorney for the family of Mallory Beach.

Tinsley and the Beach family have sued convenience store franchise magnate Greg Parker over what Tinsley describes as a ruthless, intentional mudslinging campaign carried out in the public eye.

That lawsuit has come to head with Parker's attorneys battling Tinsley tooth-and-nail over documents and records he's subpoenaed such as those of Capelli, which Tinsley feels may prove his accusations against Parker.

In the meantime, state police investigators have sought Capelli's videos and evidence in pursuit of a clue that might help them answer the burning question 10 months in the making: Who killed Maggie and Paul Murdaugh?

Continued

According to documents obtained by this news outlet, the loan taken out by James H. Moss against his $2.3 million home at 604 Pinckney Street in Beaufort, S.C. is for $1.2 million – with a payoff date of (get this) August 28, 2090.

Moss is 81 years old. He would be just three days shy of his 150th birthday when his loan comes due.

“Why in the world would a successful lawyer at the end of his career need to borrow $1.2 million?” one source wondered.

I wanted to see what a $2.3M home in Beaufort, S.C., looks like. \/ \/ I’m a bit surprised by apparent real estate values in Beaufort.

Added: In response to my own question about real estate values: Google offers this on Beaufort —

Beaufort is a city on Port Royal Island, one of South Carolina’s coastal Sea Islands. It’s known for its antebellum mansions, especially in the downtown historic district. [BBM] A notable example is the John Mark Verdier House Museum, an early-1800s Federal-style mansion, with period furniture and exhibits on area history. Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park overlooks the Beaufort River and the Woods Memorial Bridge. ― Google

Attachments

• EC9348C2-3A7B-4C6F-AA68-45828B0E54AD.jpeg
    EC9348C2-3A7B-4C6F-AA68-45828B0E54AD.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Private Eyes & Public Mudslinging | The Murdaugh Murders, Money and Mystery | Unsolved South Carolina | ABC News in Charleston, S.C., 14 April 2022

Sarah Capelli is a private detective who's been ordered by a judge to turn over records detailing her work following Paul Murdaugh and his friends in the months before Paul and his mother, Maggie, were murdered.

Those records include undercover videos and GPS tracking data Capelli gathered in her surveillance of Paul.
Capelli says she's happy to turn over everything, and is adamant all her work was on the up-and-up and above reproach from an ethics standpoint.

But that's contrary to the allegations of Mark Tinsley, the attorney for the family of Mallory Beach.

Tinsley and the Beach family have sued convenience store franchise magnate Greg Parker over what Tinsley describes as a ruthless, intentional mudslinging campaign carried out in the public eye.

That lawsuit has come to head with Parker's attorneys battling Tinsley tooth-and-nail over documents and records he's subpoenaed such as those of Capelli, which Tinsley feels may prove his accusations against Parker.

In the meantime, state police investigators have sought Capelli's videos and evidence in pursuit of a clue that might help them answer the burning question 10 months in the making: Who killed Maggie and Paul Murdaugh?
Just a passing thought, wondering if someone might have murdered the Murdaughs as vengeance for the death of MB?

Not an opinion, but I'll still add MOO.

Just a passing thought, wondering if someone might have murdered the Murdaughs as vengeance for the death of MB?

Not an opinion, but I'll still add MOO.
That was an early theory here and elsewhere before the 'shot in the head by the side of the road' happened and triggered the landslide of Low Country death and destruction.

He's her husband. I too know my wife's code and vice versa. I know my neighbor's garage codes. I don't find it all that strange
I agree. I only find it strange when a spouse DOESNT know the husband/wives phone passcode. Being secretive about what you do on your phone and hiding it from your spouse is the weird behavior, not openly sharing with your significant other.

I agree. I only find it strange when a spouse DOESNT know the husband/wives phone passcode. Being secretive about what you do on your phone and hiding it from your spouse is the weird behavior, not openly sharing with your significant other.

I don't find that strange at all either. I know many couples that don't know their significant others passcode for various reasons. Some simply don't care. Some like their privacy. Everyone is different and I don't think it's weird or not if a spouse does or doesn't know the password. Plenty of people in both camps.

Our family has the same passcodes for the security alarms, phones, computers etc. No problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member