SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man.

A shirt worn by Alex Murdaugh on the night his wife and son were murdered was found to have a significant amount of high-velocity impact spatter on it from at least one of their bodies, sources familiar with the investigation recently told FITSNews.

The presence of this forensic evidence on his clothing “could have only come from one thing,” according to sources close to the investigation.

Specifically, the spatter indicates that Murdaugh was physically close to one or more of his family members when they were shot.

This new information appears to directly contradict the claim from the Murdaugh camp that he had an “ironclad alibi” on the evening of June 7, 2001, when he told investigators he had been with his ailing father all night and arrived home to find both Maggie and Paul Murdaugh shot to death.

<snip>

Sources tell FITSNews that the high-velocity impact spatter is not the only evidence placing Murdaugh at the scene.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/26...alex-murdaugh-to-double-homicide-sources-say/

What the presence of spatter can mean …
Patterns in bloodstains and other bodily fluid can help investigators determine what occurred during a violent death — particularly as it relates to the positioning of the victim and the suspect.

For example, in the March 3, 2008, disappearance of Liz and John Calvert on Hilton Head Island, bloodstain analysis was used to determine the circumstances surrounding the death of the couple’s business manager, Dennis Gerwing — the only person of interest in the case.

Gerwing’s body was found in a locked bathroom eight days after the Calverts’ disappearance. He had died of multiple self-inflicted wounds caused by a serrated kitchen knife.

Many people following this unsolved case have continued to question whether Gerwing actually took his own life or was murdered in an effort to silence him.

Based on blood patterns on the floor and walls of the bathroom, investigators were able to determine that no one else could have been present in the bathroom at the time Gerwing’s wounds were sustained.

In the case of the Murdaughs, sources close to the investigation tell FITSNews that Maggie Murdaugh was shot multiple times with a high-powered rifle. One of the bullets reportedly went through her back and the other allegedly went through the back of her head as she was lying on the ground facedown.

This is the first time multiple sources have confirmed details about Maggie Murdaugh’s wounds.

According to his death certificate, Paul Murdaugh was killed by two shotgun wounds — one to the chest and the other to the head.

The gunshot wounds to both Maggie’s and Paul’s heads could be a reason sources told FITSNews on June 8, 2021, that the two were killed “execution style.”

High-velocity impact spatter is usually associated with gunshots, which can result in a spray of tiny “mistlike” droplets.

In certain circumstances it can be difficult for bloodstain analysts to determine whether the droplets of fluid were from the shooting itself or were expirated by the victim because both can have a mist-like appearance.

Murdaugh’s clothes that night were stained with blood, which is consistent with his account of touching the bodies. But it is the high-velocity impact spatter on his shirt that places him at the scene and in proximity to one or both of the victims at the time of their shooting deaths.

What this means to the investigation will remain unclear until charges are filed against the person or persons determined to be responsible for killing Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/26...alex-murdaugh-to-double-homicide-sources-say/

What the presence of spatter can mean …
Patterns in bloodstains and other bodily fluid can help investigators determine what occurred during a violent death — particularly as it relates to the positioning of the victim and the suspect.

For example, in the March 3, 2008, disappearance of Liz and John Calvert on Hilton Head Island, bloodstain analysis was used to determine the circumstances surrounding the death of the couple’s business manager, Dennis Gerwing — the only person of interest in the case.

Gerwing’s body was found in a locked bathroom eight days after the Calverts’ disappearance. He had died of multiple self-inflicted wounds caused by a serrated kitchen knife.

Many people following this unsolved case have continued to question whether Gerwing actually took his own life or was murdered in an effort to silence him.

Based on blood patterns on the floor and walls of the bathroom, investigators were able to determine that no one else could have been present in the bathroom at the time Gerwing’s wounds were sustained.

In the case of the Murdaughs, sources close to the investigation tell FITSNews that Maggie Murdaugh was shot multiple times with a high-powered rifle. One of the bullets reportedly went through her back and the other allegedly went through the back of her head as she was lying on the ground facedown.

This is the first time multiple sources have confirmed details about Maggie Murdaugh’s wounds.

According to his death certificate, Paul Murdaugh was killed by two shotgun wounds — one to the chest and the other to the head.

The gunshot wounds to both Maggie’s and Paul’s heads could be a reason sources told FITSNews on June 8, 2021, that the two were killed “execution style.”

High-velocity impact spatter is usually associated with gunshots, which can result in a spray of tiny “mistlike” droplets.

In certain circumstances it can be difficult for bloodstain analysts to determine whether the droplets of fluid were from the shooting itself or were expirated by the victim because both can have a mist-like appearance.

Murdaugh’s clothes that night were stained with blood, which is consistent with his account of touching the bodies. But it is the high-velocity impact spatter on his shirt that places him at the scene and in proximity to one or both of the victims at the time of their shooting deaths.

What this means to the investigation will remain unclear until charges are filed against the person or persons determined to be responsible for killing Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

@MassGuy and @JaimeInLA, thanks for being on top of this and getting it posted so quickly.

Guess we shouldn’t be surprised of Alec’s proximity, but reading the details about Maggie is totally heart wrenching. Can you imagine her last moments? I feel for Paul, too, but I can’t imagine how horrible this was between a husband and wife.

MassGuy and Jaime, thanks for being on top of this and getting it posted so quickly.

Guess we shouldn’t be surprised of Alec’s proximity, but reading the details about Maggie is totally heart wrenching. Can you imagine her last moments? I feel for Paul, too, but I can’t imagine how horrible this was between a husband and wife.
This seems to answer the question as to who the trigger-man was. I was 50/50 Alex doing it himself/hiring it out.

This seems to answer the question as to who the trigger-man was. I was 50/50 Alex doing it himself/hiring it out.
Me, too, on who pulled the trigger. Although debts with drug gangs worked for me, too.

Will be interesting to hear what his lawyers have to say now. I can’t imagine them wanting to represent him on murder charges.

Maybe AM will confess in exchange for no execution? MOO. He’s never getting out of jail anyway.

Was almost creepy to stand outside the compound while I was down there, even wondered if he happened to be looking out the window and saw me. Going there made this even more real. This is a real, live human being, not Law and Order. The tragedy of it is beyond belief. AM had so many advantages and he flushed them away, with greed, arrogance, self absorption, a stone heart … you name it. Absolutely inhumane. MOO.

Me, too, on who pulled the trigger. Although debts with drug gangs worked for me, too.

Will be interesting to hear what his lawyers have to say now. I can’t imagine them wanting to represent him on murder charges.

Maybe AM will confess in exchange for no execution? MOO. He’s never getting out of jail anyway.

Was almost creepy to stand outside the compound while I was down there, even wondered if he happened to be looking out the window and saw me. Going there made this even more real. This is a real, live human being, not Law and Order. The tragedy of it is beyond belief. AM had so many advantages and he flushed them away, with greed, arrogance, self absorption, a stone heart … you name it. Absolutely inhumane. MOO.

I went by Teresa Sievers house when I was in the area in 2020. Seeing something I’ve spent hours discussing here, in person, was wild. The houses (in her case) are closer together than I realized and the street was much shorter than in pictures. lol

On a different but related topic, has this been posted? I have used up my free access to Fits. If this is new info on Stephen Smith, could some give a quick summary of highlights? Are they exhuming Stephen?

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/12/murdaugh-murders-saga-pressure-mounting-on-stephen-smith-case/
If they're going to solve this, I can't imagine that won't mean getting a second look at his body. I just hope we hear that he has been exhumed, as that'll mean things are moving in that one.

Wow. He killed them himself. Up close and personal. Horrific.
Something is getting ready to happen. Why release this late on a Tuesday night. Arrest tomorrow?
Seems that way. I guess it's possible that he maybe had someone else there with him, who handled one of the killings with a second weapon, and perhaps removed those weapons after the fact.

In any event, it appears Alex is a murderer.

Seems that way. I guess it's possible that he maybe had someone else there with him, who handled one of the killings with a second weapon, and perhaps removed those weapons after the fact.

I am wondering if he had someone else there, too. Or maybe Paul ran over from the house trying to defend his mother and his weapon was wrestled away from him.

It seemed like someone else might have been around during the 911 call. Maybe AM didn’t quite have the guts to do this alone and got some “moral” support from a relative. MOO.

This is my theory. I think Alex killed Maggie and someone else encountered Paul, perhaps unexpectedly. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20