SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, they talked about SLED recently publishing the statement that they were still diligently working on resolving the murders.

The pictures of JM were taken in the presence of LE, Duffie Stone recused himself when appropriate. I don't agree here, he stayed on for 8 weeks before he recused. He should have done it immediately considering his close relationship with BM.

LE secured approx 75 yard crime scene near the kennels around the bodies of PM and MM, they were covered in sheets.

Shockingly IMO, they did not secure the home at Moselle and the family was allowed to go back into the house while LE was processing the scene, How can they not secure the house as well???? There are 2 dead bodies outside. This was a HUGE error in my opinion.

JM talks about next day, he said he knew BM had an app that could locate MM's phone and that he told LE that. He had BM's phone and when they were walking towards the gate they realized the phone was further. Got in car with LE and went looking for the phone.

It took about 15 minutes to find it. It was picked up by SLED using gloves, JM called AM to get the unlock code. The phone was unlocked at the scene.

This is my interpretation only.

Wow so SLED never searched the Moselle house?

PM was shot in the shoulder/chest and then head areas with a more up close and personal shotgun as opposed to a high powered assault rifle very accurate at a distance that killed MM.

Considering that and that family are always the first suspects LE consider, PM's killer could have had blow-back blood on their clothes. They may have struggled with PM and needed to clean up, wash or shower off PM's blood.

How could SLED not check the house on the property!!? Jeez Louise somebody called to come be with AM could have done a Kardashian with the evidence that night!!

AJMO

Wow so SLED never searched the Moselle house?

PM was shot in the shoulder/chest and then head areas with a more up close and personal shotgun as opposed to a high powered assault rifle very accurate at a distance that killed MM.

Considering that and that family are always the first suspects LE consider, PM's killer could have had blow-back blood on their clothes. They may have struggled with PM and needed to clean up, wash or shower off PM's blood.

How could SLED not check the house on the property!!? Jeez Louise somebody called to come be with AM could have done a Kardashian with the evidence that night!!

AJMO
To be clear, they said they cleared the house of suspects and then allowed the Murdaugh family members to congregate there while they finished processing the 'crime scene' <area near the dog kennels>.

Yes, it was a horrible oversight on LE's part. If there was a guilty party there, it would have provided ample time to remove incriminating evidence. I wonder if one of the M's might have left with a certain shotgun without notice?

It just stinks to high heaven to me.

MOO

<snipped>
The family of one of Alex Murdaugh’s alleged financial victims have indicated in a new court filing that a lawsuit is coming against Russell Laffitte, the former CEO of Palmetto State Bank, regarding the family’s more than $800,000 in missing settlement money.

The filing Monday in Hampton County civil court lays the groundwork for a lawsuit, listing several properties associated with Laffitte that the family of Hakeem Pinckney would have claim to should a forthcoming lawsuit rule in their favor. The lawsuit will be filed within 20 days, the document states.

Murdaugh’s financial victims indicate lawsuit coming against former Hampton bank CEO

Really interesting interview with Eric Bland:

Murdaugh Murders with Lead Attorney Eric Bland

What I found interesting:

*Eddie got 3 million from Alex. Bland thinks he laundered it for Alex and kept a percentage.

*Bland theorizes Alex was being blackmailed, and stopped paying. The murders were “someone sending a message.”

*Bland says Gloria Satterfield was “killed” at Moselle. Interesting choice of words?

*Cousin Eddie is cooperating.

*Paul was on house arrest at Moselle.

*Alex already faces 900 years in prison if convicted, with 78 criminal charges against him, and that’s before any federal charges.

*Bland states both Harpootlian and Griffin are “brilliant lawyers” and some of the best he’s ever worked with.

Do you have a source for that that's not on Audible.com? They require an e-mail address (I don't want to give it out).

Edit: I'm assuming this is something new. If it's more than a week old, then I've probably already heard it. What is the date of the interview? Who does the interviewing?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Do you have a source for that that's not on Audible.com? They require an e-mail address (I don't want to give it out).

Edit: I'm assuming this is something new. If it's more than a week old, then I've probably already heard it. What is the date of the interview? Who does the interviewing?

Try this. This episode was released yesterday 4/20.
‎The Shrimp Tank - Charleston on Apple Podcasts

What I found interesting:

*Eddie got 3 million from Alex. Bland thinks he laundered it for Alex and kept a percentage.

*Bland theorizes Alex was being blackmailed, and stopped paying. The murders were “someone sending a message.”

*Bland says Gloria Satterfield was “killed” at Moselle. Interesting choice of words?

*Cousin Eddie is cooperating.

*Paul was on house arrest at Moselle.

*Alex already faces 900 years in prison if convicted, with 78 criminal charges against him, and that’s before any federal charges.

*Bland states both Harpootlian and Griffin are “brilliant lawyers” and some of the best he’s ever worked with.
Wow, those are some real bomb shells Merry B.

I always said Cousin E was working with LE now. Doesn't surprise me that he laundered money for AM, it says he had been doing it over a 3 year period.

Wonder what Paul was on house arrest for? ETA: EB said Paul was on house arrest for the criminal charges from the MB case.

I corrected this post to say that after listening closely, EB says he believes Gloria probably did fall and those steps are concrete and pointed on the ends. He says that he was shocked that AM would sue his own Homeowners over it after she died.

Could it really be someone killed P & M over blackmail? Finding out the magnitude of AM's bad deeds, it could be possible. Hmmm, I'm not sure what to think about all of this.

ETA: Corrected my sentence about Gloria Satterfield.

Last edited:
https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/22...yers-lined-up-for-moselle-edisto-beach-house/

In summary, the attorney who represents the Beach family is satisfied that the sales of the Moselle and Edisto properties are “above board and proper” and has canceled his lis pendens that had put the sale of the properties on hold. Both properties are under contract. Moselle was listed at $3.9M and Edisto was listed at $920,000.

<snipped>
This IS fascinating — highly recommend to everyone. Thank you so much for finding and posting, @MerryB!

What struck me was one of Eric’s final comments, something to the effect: what father would allow his remaining son (BM) to move about freely in society if he wasn’t confident that the son was safe (i.e., that the purp in the June 7 murders was not a threat to him or going after the whole family). [My paraphrasing.] Read between the lines.

I don’t think this has been posted about Stephen Smith’s case (also posted on his thread):

‘Murdaugh Murders’ Saga: Forensic Team Rises To The Challenge | FitsNews, 13 April 2022

[Will Folks writing] <snipped> …. we have learned there are two investigations related to Stephen Smith – one into who killed him and a second probing allegations of obstruction of justice in the aftermath of his murder.

In an effort to get to the bottom of this mystery, forensic expert (and podcaster) Shannon Ferguson has taken this news outlet up on its challenge. Earlier this month, Ferguson traveled to South Carolina with her team – which includes fellow forensic experts Harlette Lacau and Bertha Hurtado. …

ALSO: Listen to an eight-minute statement from Shannon Ferguson and her two colleagues about the case.

Last edited:
A lot of details to mine here —

An Application for Sale of Personal Property was on April 12 recorded in Colleton County probate court.

IN THE MATTER OF: Margaret Kennedy Branstetter Murdaugh (decedent)
Case Number: 2021-ES-15-00347

Other documents also recorded April 12 list personal effects including vehicles and items in storage from Holly Street home.

Order to Sell Personal Property

Amended Inventory and Appraisement

If you only see part of the image, use the little hand icon at top, right, to scroll around the document.

Notice of Delinquency
IN THE MATTER OF: Paul Terry Murdaugh
Case Number: 2021ES1500333

Murdaugh Murders Saga: South Carolina Grand Jury Was Probing Alex Murdaugh’s Finances Prior To Double Homicide

<snip>

Murdaugh was being summoned to “fully respond to previous requests for financial documents” from the family of Mallory Beach, the Hampton County teenager who died when a boat belonging to Alex Murdaugh – and allegedly driven by his late son – slammed into the piling of Archer’s Creek Bridge outside of Parris Island, S.C. shortly after 2:00 a.m. EDT on February 24, 2019.

The documents sought from Alex Murdaugh included a list of any and all checking accounts, savings accounts, 401( K) accounts, investment accounts as well as any net worth statements and tax filings.

It turns out Beach’s attorney, Mark Tinsley, wasn’t the only one seeking this information.

According to multiple sources familiar with the obstruction of justice investigation launched in the aftermath of the boat crash, a statewide grand jury investigating the Murdaugh family subpoenaed all of this information in late April of 2021 – approximately six weeks before the murders.

This subpoena was reportedly authorized by S.C. circuit court judge Robert Hood, who told multiple sources at the time that the attorney general was “going after the Murdaughs.”

“Alex’s finances were already under investigation,” a source close to the inquiry told me, adding that the financial charges which began to fall on Murdaugh’s head in mid-November of last year were already “in the works” months before the murders.

Did Murdaugh know he was the focus of a statewide grand jury investigation at the time of the Moselle murders? Did he know it was focusing on his finances?

Obviously, he knew about the required disclosures related to the civil case against him. But did he also know investigators and prosecutors were digging into his finances for evidence of alleged criminal activity?

Given the proximity – and potential culpability – of Hampton, S.C.-based Palmetto State Bank in Murdaugh’s alleged fleecing of his former law firm clients, it is reasonable to assume officials at the bank would have alerted Murdaugh to the issuance of any subpoenas regarding his accounts at the bank.

Assuming they were not cooperating with the investigation, that is …

So … did bank officials notify Murdaugh of the subpoenas?

And if so, how would that have impacted his state of mind in the weeks prior to the murders?

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/04/26...-murdaughs-finances-prior-to-double-homicide/

Last edited:
So we have a potential motive here, but I also hadn't seen this detail before:

At least two of Maggie Murdaugh’s gunshot wounds were reportedly inflicted as she was laying on the ground – hence the initial reports we received from the crime scene of “execution-style” slayings.

So we have a potential motive here, but I also hadn't seen this detail before:

At least two of Maggie Murdaugh’s gunshot wounds were reportedly inflicted as she was laying on the ground – hence the initial reports we received from the crime scene of “execution-style” slayings.

I’d bet money that AM knew something about the investigation. He was just too well connected not to have been tipped off to it.

<snipped>South Carolina Grand Jury Was Probing Alex Murdaugh’s Finances…
<snipped> … a statewide grand jury investigating the Murdaugh family [BBM] subpoenaed all of this information in late April of 2021…. <snipped>

the attorney general was “going after the Murdaughs.”[BBM]<snipped>

I am struck by specifics of wording, “Murdaugh family”: wondering if it’s Alex’s nuclear family or the more extended Murdaughs like grandpa and brothers? Guess we will find out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member