SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Alex talked to Chris four times — twice on the way over, and twice on the way back, and texted him once,” Griffin said, adding Murdaugh’s cellphone records document the dicalls. Those records have not been made public.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article261614337.html#storylink=cpy
It is important to know who initiated the phone calls. If it was AM then he could have been establishing an alibi. Who in the world calls someone four times with an additional text in a twenty minute period from a car. How come he couldn't say it all at once, it's not like AM was looking up information and getting back to him.
Those calls don't establish where he was, just that he talked to CW in that time frame. MOO MOO MOO
Or that his  phone did.

Can we be certain he was where his phone was?

Saw that in the FDulos case. Manipulated phones to make it appear he was making phone calls -- business as usual -- in one place while committing murder in another.

JMO

BBM
In jailhouse calls obtained this week by the State, a local Columbia newspaper , Alex Murdaugh told sister-in-law Liz Murdaugh “it wasn’t that bad” when he was shot in the head during an alleged suicide-for-hire incident three months after his wife and son were murdered. Murdaugh’s lawyers insist he had nothing to do with those killings, and was visiting his mother and father when they were killed.

snipped

Murdaugh, in a December phone call, said: “So you know how fast the bullet comes out of a gun, right? Yeah. All right. So it hits my head, it goes into my skin and puts a hole and kind of goes around my skull, it comes out an inch and a half, two inches further away.”

Three months earlier, Murdaugh reported finding the bodies of his wife and son. But those reports, too, are filled with inconsistencies. Cellphone records show Murdaugh was at or near the property close to the time of the murders. Maggie Murdaugh left all her assets, valued at about $2.1m after debts, to her husband.

But according to attorneys for Satterfield, the dog narrative was only one that Murdaugh shared – neither his late wife, Maggie, nor son Paul, ever mentioned a dog. Earlier this month, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (Sled) said it had received permission from the family to exhume Satterfield’s remains. “This is a complex process that will take weeks, not days,” investigators said.

I have always suspected it.

JMO
I realize I am really behind the 8 ball, been on another thread for months...So, this is new to me: "Cellphone records show Murdaugh was at or near the property close to the time of the murders."

Wowzers!!!

Remember tonight on Discovery ID 9 PM Eastern time:
Hope you all will fill us in if any new intel comes out in this show. I wasn’t sure how to get this channel without adding a monthly fee to our cable. Normally I don’t watch much TV.

I guess there is no chance this will be on YouTube or posted somewhere for a paid one-time viewing?

Please fill us in! Bet it was interesting!

Hope you all will fill us in if any new intel comes out in this show. I wasn’t sure how to get this channel without adding a monthly fee to our cable. Normally I don’t watch much TV.

I guess there is no chance this will be on YouTube or posted somewhere for a paid one-time viewing?

Please fill us in! Bet it was interesting!

It’s pretty close to the others. They are doing a long piece on the boat crash so I assume they will do the same with all the parts of this. Hardly a mention of the murders yet.

I just hear so many things in the 911 calls that AM made that it just flat confuses me. At the murder scene he is upset, in a panic, seems confused at times but at the suicide or whatever, it’s a different person who is supposed to have been shot. I wish that I knew more about analyzing things like this.

I didn't learn anything new /earth shattering and really didn't expect to.
HOWEVER, the two locals who were interviewed were Gloria's life-long best friend and a gal for whom Gloria worked part-time, as was the trooper investigating Stephen Smith's death. Here's what they had to say:
  • In twenty plus years of working for the Murdaugh's - Gloria never got a paid vacation
  • AM never visited Gloria after her 'fall' and MM only once
  • The Murdaughs would routinely call Gloria for needs- and she would go do whatever they asked. In other words- she was 'on-call' for them
  • The trooper never believed it was a hit and run AND the second gal (above) believes he was hit with a bat (as one might see along a row of rural mailboxes) from a vehicle and that Paul was among the group involved.
  • The trooper (who covers several counties) felt he was being tailed/ watched whenever he entered 'Murdaugh country'.
  • Everyone interviewed seems relieved that the Murdaugh dynasty is over- and that the entire truth will eventually be unraveled.
  • NO speculation on the reason for AM's thievery.

Last edited:
HOWEVER, the two locals who were interviewed were Gloria's life-long best friend and a gal for whom Gloria worked part-time, as was the trooper investigating Stephen Smith's death. Here's what they had to say:
  • In twenty plus years of working for the Murdaugh's - Gloria never got a paid vacation
  • The Murdaughs would routinely call Gloria for needs- and she would go do whatever they asked. In other words- she was 'on-call' for them
  • The trooper never believed it was a hit and run AND the second gal (above) believes he was hit with a bat (as one might see along a row of rural mailboxes) from a vehicle and that Paul was among the group involved.
  • The trooper (who covers several counties) felt he was being tailed/ watched whenever he entered 'Murdaugh country'.
  • Everyone interviewed seems relieved that the Murdaugh dynasty is over- and that the entire truth will eventually be unraveled.
My my my....very interesting....

I just hear so many things in the 911 calls that AM made that it just flat confuses me. At the murder scene he is upset, in a panic, seems confused at times but at the suicide or whatever, it’s a different person who is supposed to have been shot. I wish that I knew more about analyzing things like this.
Could be he’s highly medicated after the murders adding to the utter ridiculousnesses of his suicide/shoot cousin E plan gone sideways, upsides and way, way down

Some of the comments by the locals were pretty blunt about not trusting the LE system there. That was a little surprising but I was glad.

Gloria’s Gift update: I contacted Bland Richter about the foundation’s status as a non profit. Mr. Richter wrote me back to say they are working on becoming a 501(c)(3) And they will publicize that as soon as it comes through. FYI. :)

Good summaries here. I highly recommend watching the special if you’re able to. There were many photos and videos I had not seen before. The biggest piece of new information that stuck out to me was that Paul’s body was half inside the kennel and half outside the kennel. So that tells me that he was either entering or exiting the kennel when shot.

Scroll down for Murdaugh episodes:

Good summaries here. I highly recommend watching the special if you’re able to. There were many photos and videos I had not seen before. The biggest piece of new information that stuck out to me was that Paul’s body was half inside the kennel and half outside the kennel. So that tells me that he was either entering or exiting the kennel when shot.

Seems first reading that the dogs would havs been out. But it could have been a kennel that one could enter to access food/water, then kennels for each dog.

Jmo

MaryB — thank you so much for posting the link!! This was very interesting despite thinking I had knowledge of everything published so far. LOL.

Just watched the entire 3 hours — Wow! A lot to absorb, a lot of new photos, new info, and excellent summary. Kudos to courageous locals/friends who were willing to speak up. Hope they will inspire others with knowledge or leads to do so.

ONE QUESTION: did anyone pick up on the local lady with short hair saying she hoped whomever had knowledge of what happened to Stephen would have it in “her” heart to speak up. Any ideas on why she referenced a female or who the “she” might be? Or did she misspeak.

Last edited:

Yes- and the scenario that immediately came to my mind is MM is the intended target. She is outdoors and the shooter doesn't even realize PM is on the property. Shooter brought two weapons not knowing what the kill circumstances would be like. Shoots MM. PM hears the shot which has likely set off the dogs, shooter realizes someone is in the kennel, grabs the second weapon not knowing who it is, and shoots PM in the doorway.

On June 21, 2022, Respondent, through counsel, filed with this Court an affidavit in which Respondent waives all rights to a hearing, states he does not contest the Court's "authority and decision" to disbar him from the practice of law, and requests that the Court cancel the hearing currently scheduled for June 22, 2022.

Thank you for the details--I had alarm set to watch this but FAther's Day/Family events continued into the evening so ended up missing it and can't seem to find it anywhere to Re-watch.
Much appreciated :)

Bless you !!!
Cant wait to watch !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads