SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

SC Supreme Court moves to disbar disgraced attorney Alex Murdaugh | The Post & Courier, 16 June 2022​

COLUMBIA — The S.C. Supreme Court is ending its investigation of Alex Murdaugh and moving to yank his law license, saying the disgraced Hampton attorney’s public admissions of dishonesty and “egregious ethical misconduct” are enough to disqualify him from the courtroom.

Murdaugh will not contest the high court’s decision, his defense attorney, Jim Griffin, told The Post and Courier. The justices have ordered Murdaugh to appear before them at 11 a.m. June 22 to finalize the matter, arranging for him to be picked up from the Richland County jail where he has been detained since mid-October. [BBM]

Griffin called the Supreme Court’s decision to cut short its administrative probe of Murdaugh “unusual and unprecedented.” Wrapping up the matter early puts Murdaugh in a tough position, Griffin said, since anything Murdaugh admits or says in his defense at next week’s hearing can be used against him in the ongoing state and federal investigations of him. <snipped>

The June 22 hearing will be live-streamed and open to the public. [BBM]

In normal disciplinary proceedings, the South Carolina Supreme Court goes through a lengthy process of investigating, pleading, limited discovery, and hearings. However, Murdaugh’s confession in at least one of the cases against him “amounts to clear and convincing evidence of dishonesty in violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct.”

The level of Murdaugh’s misconduct “subjects him to the most significant sanction available — disbarment,” according to the South Carolina Supreme Court.

Made my Friday.

Satterfield family announces launch of ‘Gloria’s Gift’ to help families in need

Both the Satterfield family and their lawyers, Bland and Richter, contributed the first donations Thursday with two checks totaling $75,000.

Satterfield family announces launch of ‘Gloria’s Gift’ to help families in need

Both the Satterfield family and their lawyers, Bland and Richter, contributed the first donations Thursday with two checks totaling $75,000.

What a wonderful thing to do after all they've been through. And of course now I wonder if the Murdaugh's have ever given ANYthing to charity.

I wish the article had included a contribution link.

What a wonderful thing to do after all they've been through. And of course now I wonder if the Murdaugh's have ever given ANYthing to charity.

I wish the article had included a contribution link.
I believe we know a check written to a charity event bounced sometime before Maggie was killed. I've always believed that was the beginning of the end for the Murdaugh clan.

I’m not saying it’s right, but this is common practice for people in professions that have a high risk of being sued for malpractice. I’m guessing Maggie thought this was a way to protect their assets by putting it in her name.
I am sure that is the way the transfer was pitched to her, jmo.
I agree the latest podcast on the detention center recordings is sensationalized and seems mostly motivated by self promotion [OMHO] but what we learn is 1) that AM is wheeling and dealing (illegally) with other inmates, 2) was definitely working on BM and JMM to preserve/launder as many assets as possible, ASAP, 3) Alec’s version of shooting experience (his description of bullet moving along side his skull was interesting and he’s “not dumber”), and 4) that some of his close family are standing by him completely especially LM, but 5) most significant to me is what is not mentioned AT ALL by ANYONE — the murder investigation status; and/or any sadness or expressions of grief over the loss of Maggie & Paul.

MOO. MOO.
BBM - I thought the very same thing. It's so matter of fact, not one of them on the phone calls show any since of grief that Maggie and Paul are gone and especially by double homicide. If that were my family that would be all we were talking about. Not one question about who did it or the status of investigation. Stunning really.

I thought the same thing when I listened to them. IMO, it undercuts the gravity of the murders.

I haven’t listened but I’ve read enough from people who have to note the complete silence about the murders and victims. I would find that more strange if this wasn’t a circle of lawyers who probably would consider it smart to leave it alone. I feel like it’s intentional for sure.

I haven’t listened but I’ve read enough from people who have to note the complete silence about the murders and victims. I would find that more strange if this wasn’t a circle of lawyers who probably would consider it smart to leave it alone. I feel like it’s intentional for sure.
Well that's true but they aren't concerned about discussing shifting money around and who to contact and for what reason along with his suicide attempt details. Maybe they had forgotten they were being recorded. Good point though.

66FDF74E-8CB1-4ADB-8767-3EECCD233E75.jpeg

For Donations to Gloria’s Gift visit gloriasgift.com or mail a check made payable to Gloria Satterfield’s Foundation to: PO Box 1093, Varnville, SC 29944.

BBM
In jailhouse calls obtained this week by the State, a local Columbia newspaper , Alex Murdaugh told sister-in-law Liz Murdaugh “it wasn’t that bad” when he was shot in the head during an alleged suicide-for-hire incident three months after his wife and son were murdered. Murdaugh’s lawyers insist he had nothing to do with those killings, and was visiting his mother and father when they were killed.

snipped

Murdaugh, in a December phone call, said: “So you know how fast the bullet comes out of a gun, right? Yeah. All right. So it hits my head, it goes into my skin and puts a hole and kind of goes around my skull, it comes out an inch and a half, two inches further away.”

Three months earlier, Murdaugh reported finding the bodies of his wife and son. But those reports, too, are filled with inconsistencies. Cellphone records show Murdaugh was at or near the property close to the time of the murders. Maggie Murdaugh left all her assets, valued at about $2.1m after debts, to her husband.

But according to attorneys for Satterfield, the dog narrative was only one that Murdaugh shared – neither his late wife, Maggie, nor son Paul, ever mentioned a dog. Earlier this month, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (Sled) said it had received permission from the family to exhume Satterfield’s remains. “This is a complex process that will take weeks, not days,” investigators said.

I have always suspected it.

JMO

Last edited:
If not the dog could there be a broke brick in the steps that would cause GS to fall and put the blame on home owner?

After knowing what I/we know about AM I as well have a hard time believing his story.

Jmo

His story
History ?

The night of June 7, 2021, Murdaugh and Wilson were talking to each other on their cellphones at the approximate time that authorities have indicated Maggie and Paul were likely shot — between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to Jim Griffin, one of Murdaugh’s attorneys along with state Sen. Dick Harpootlian, D-Richland.

The night of June 7, 2021, Murdaugh and Wilson were talking to each other on their cellphones at the approximate time that authorities have indicated Maggie and Paul were likely shot — between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m., according to Jim Griffin, one of Murdaugh’s attorneys along with state Sen. Dick Harpootlian, D-Richland.

“Alex talked to Chris four times — twice on the way over, and twice on the way back, and texted him once,” Griffin said, adding Murdaugh’s cellphone records document the calls. Those records have not been made public.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article261614337.html#storylink=cpy
It is important to know who initiated the phone calls. If it was AM then he could have been establishing an alibi. Who in the world calls someone four times with an additional text in a twenty minute period from a car. How come he couldn't say it all at once, it's not like AM was looking up information and getting back to him.
Those calls don't establish where he was, just that he talked to CW in that time frame. MOO MOO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper