SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Receivers are filing a creditor claim on Maggie's estate for the property value since Alex can’t disinherit Moselle:

MaineProbate.net (southcarolinaprobate.net)

-+-+-+-+-

John Marvin Murdaugh is disallowing Beach’s, Doughty’s, and Altman‘s creditor claims against Maggie's estate. Links are to S.C. Probate Court filings:

The question is does he get to decide whose claim to allow or not?

Last edited:
This is a very good episode of the Impact of Influence podcast that was done to mark the anniversary of Maggie & Paul’s murders.

My original theory was that Alex killed Maggie, headed off to Varnville to establish his alibi, then Paul showed up at Moselle unexpectedly and encountered someone who was there to help stage/clean up the scene. However, with the new information that’s come out, it seems it may be undeniable that Alex was with Paul and Maggie at the kennels that evening…so that changes my theory.
Also, if both murder weapons were disposed of and not just the AR, as reported this week by The State, it seems they may have been murdered within the same timeframe. I had originally thought the killer had time to get rid of Maggie’s murder weapon and phone, but not Paul’s because he came along later. Now I’m thinking they were murdered together and perhaps by the same person. MOO

Add to that the fact that everyone there, all after the fact witnesses, are dead….except Alex.
These are just my thoughts:
-Exhumations are not done just for the heck of it. You don’t disturb the dead and upset their families on a whim. There is some real reason LE feels they need to look further at the body.
.-Perhaps some of her injuries didn’t seem consistent with falling backwards down some steps. The dry medical reports might not tell everything but interviews with doctors and nurses might have brought up suspicions.
-An attempt to put an end to wild speculation. Hopefully the results will tell us either she fell and Alex took advantage, or Alex needed money, again, and manufactured the situation.

“According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion.”

“The (subdural hematoma) was evaluated to not be operable,” the report said. “Doctors also suspected but never located a bowel perforation. She developed a pleural effusion and already had the partially collapsed left lung. She had bilateral chest drains. There is charting by radiology to the effect that at one point her endotracheal tube was positioned too far in (touching the carina) and that an arterial line was in the wrong place, both of which eventually were rectified. Basically she had several severe injuries being managed which together created a greater risk of a downward decline. After a few days she was moved out of the ICU, she appeared by nurse observation to be doing better, then she declined, and was returned to the ICU and eventually placed on a ventilator. She developed a pneumonia of unknown origin; although doctors were aware of sinusitis they never diagnosed the source of pneumonia. She developed fluid in her lungs and had a heart attack and coded. She appears to have sustained anoxic brain injury and went into a deep coma.”

I think SLED owes it to GS's family just like they would any other family, to further investigate GS's death if during the wide ranging M case details and questions arise about the actual circumstances of GS's death. PM and MM's deaths are not the only case worthy of SLED's attention right now. Her family deserve answers regardless of if it was an accidental fall. There may, it sounds like, have been malpractice in her care?

That being said...I wonder if she had any Murdaugh visitors in the hospital?

"...After a few days she was moved out of the ICU, she appeared by nurse observation to be doing better, then she declined, and was returned to the ICU and eventually placed on a ventilator...."

Last edited:
From StarryStarryNight's post above: “According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion.”

Left-sided posterior rib fractures and a right-sided head injury. Trying to picture a scenario where this makes sense in terms of mechanism of injuries. The only way to align this with a trip-and-fall is a somersaulting motion - highly unlikely. What DOES make sense to me is a forceful push from the left / behind (rib fx.) propelling her forward and to the right into a solid object (head injury) OR the reverse - blow to the head propelling / falling to the left and back.
Just theorizing...GS fell on the front steps of the home. Was she leaving in a hurry? Did she possibly see something, hear something, find something? Was she struck as she was fleeing from behind?

Do we know for certain who was present, just PM and MM?

Murdaugh, former bank CEO stole funds from family in fatal crash case, new lawsuit says

Yet another person devastated by death and injury cheated. I wonder if this employee was at PMPED firm and if they're spilling their guts about ALL the stealing going on?

"...emails between Murdaugh and Laffitte referencing the use of a law firm accounting employee to cut checks for certain amounts in a certain fashion."

I think SLED owes it to GS's family just like they would any other family, to further investigate GS's death if during the wide ranging M case details and questions arise about the actual circumstances of GS's death. PM and MM's deaths are not the only case worthy of SLED's attention right now. Her family deserve answers regardless of if it was an accidental fall. There may, it sounds like, have been malpractice in her care?

That being said...I wonder if she had any Murdaugh visitors in the hospital?

"...After a few days she was moved out of the ICU, she appeared by nurse observation to be doing better, then she declined, and was returned to the ICU and eventually placed on a ventilator...."

I think I read somewhere that Maggie was the only Murdaugh that visited Gloria in the hospital.

Yet another person devastated by death and injury cheated. I wonder if this employee was at PMPED firm and if they're spilling their guts about ALL the stealing going on?

"...emails between Murdaugh and Laffitte referencing the use of a law firm accounting employee to cut checks for certain amounts in a certain fashion."
Very interesting. I was curious about whether PMPED had outsourced their accounting, had an accounting-dedicated employee, or an employee that wore multiple hats including internal accounting. Assuming the law firm referenced is PMPED, it sounds like they had their own internal accountant (though the likelihood of that employee being a CPA is low). It will be interesting to learn if that employee was aware of the schemes or not. Certainly some of the things that AM was doing per the document in the article you link and the multitude of other articles should have raised red flags from an accounting standpoint.

Very interesting. I was curious about whether PMPED had outsourced their accounting, had an accounting-dedicated employee, or an employee that wore multiple hats including internal accounting. Assuming the law firm referenced is PMPED, it sounds like they had their own internal accountant (though the likelihood of that employee being a CPA is low). It will be interesting to learn if that employee was aware of the schemes or not. Certainly some of the things that AM was doing per the document in the article you link and the multitude of other articles should have raised red flags from an accounting standpoint.
It's that told to cut checks "in a certain fashion". If they were told not only to cut a check but then told and do it only this way, does that mean they were complicit or just naive?

It's that told to cut checks "in a certain fashion". If they were told not only to cut a check but then told and do it only this way, does that mean they were complicit or just naive?
It could swing either way. It all comes down to the firm accountant’s skills, knowledge, and experience.

If it is someone new in the position with limited accounting training and experience, they may think it is within the normal course of business to accept special requests from partners (let alone specifically AM), especially if they have processed other legitimate special requests for check cutting.

Even for an experienced accountant at a company, it can be easy to grow complacent and forget to ask the question “Why?” when asked to do something outside of ordinary procedures.

That is one of the many reasons companies undergo audits, to have a third party identify potential deficiencies in internal control. Sadly, not all organizations are required to undergo audits, and, in those instances, we see a lot of what I like to call the “Wild West” of accounting.

Just theorizing...GS fell on the front steps of the home. Was she leaving in a hurry? Did she possibly see something, hear something, find something? Was she struck as she was fleeing from behind?

Do we know for certain who was present, just PM and MM?
That’s what I’m wondering, too. Was anyone else there Besides MM and PM? Alex? Buster? Other staff?

Wofford College was on break that weekend so it’s possible BM was around and might know something.

There was at least one farm hand or someone like that around because in the call recording Paul gave 911 a description of the person who would be standing at the gate to flag the ambulance. Of course there is no assurance that person was around the house to witness the fall but who knows.

MOO.

I think I read somewhere that Maggie was the only Murdaugh that visited Gloria in the hospital.
That’s what I remember reading, too, and it was only once? MOO.

I was surprised that PM never visited because I remember reading he had a special connection to GM, but it’s possible, now that we know how AM wanted to control the narrative, that he forbade his family from visiting. OMO.

"This wasn’t about getting tapes so that podcast listeners and FITSNews followers could be entertained,” Murdaugh Murders Podcast creator and FITSNews director Mandy Matney said Friday. “This was about fighting for our rights in the press through the Freedom of Information Act and exposing those who abuse the law for their own advantage.”

The section bolded by me says it all. Slowly but surely this will be cleaned up. MOO MOO MOO

I recommend reading the entire article because it lays out the detail very well for a layperson (like me) when it comes to the law.

Here are the summary snippets.

RSBM and BBM
I found this that explains it fairly well, simply.

BBM

Lawyers with court-ordered control of Alex Murdaugh's finances & assets want a judge to void Murdaugh's 2016 sale to his wife of a private hunting estate in Colleton County [(the Moselle property)], saying the sale was fraudulent.
Sources speaking on a condition of anonymity have told ABC News 4 homicide investigators possess evidence strongly linking an individual suspect to the murders, yet still no charges had been announced[.]

Seems strange for AM to leave Moselle at 9pm to go to his parents' house, only to turn around after a mere 20 minutes to go right back and return to Moselle at 10pm. Did he perhaps pick up some item(s)? ... yes, I'm inferring a gun(s). OR ... did he actually even go to his parents' house that night - was it simply a false alibi?

Whatever the truth, the walls appear to be swiftly closing in on AM. He'll never leave prison alive.
JMO

Thanks for link @Countem

According to the complaint, Murdaugh's transfer of the property to his wife was a "fraudulent conveyance" in violation of S.C. Code 27-23-10, meaning it was done to intentionally defraud creditors.

Lay and McCoy argue what makes the sale fraudulent and void is the fact Murdaugh transferred the property to Maggie when he was already "insolvent" financially due to substantial debts he owed various individuals — including those from whom he's accused of stealing.

In the petition to Judge Amundson, Lay and McCoy claim Murdaugh had already stolen more than $2.5 million from clients over a period of at least five years by December 2016 when he signed over the Moselle estate to Maggie.

Either way, the attorneys say the exchange was fraudulent, and they want Judge Amundson to order Alex Murdaugh's brother, John Marvin, to relinquish control of the Moselle homes and land to the courts.

What a shyster he is.

So did Maggie think he did this out of love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper