SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to what Colleton County officials stated in a June 8 release, "At this time, there is no danger to the public." This was the morning after the killings of two people violently murdered at their home. HOW did they know in less than 24 hours that there wasn't a killer on the loose? Why say anything?

I’m stunned by attitudes of those helping him and recorded in phone calls — like they think it’s ethical to preserve his wealth instead of taking care of the people financially who he has wronged all these years. The entitlement and shadiness certainly extends beyond the one in jail.

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised after listening to this:

The History of the Murdaugh Crime Influence | Crime Talk with Scott Reisch (podcast), 5 June 2022

Incoming Call From Alex Murdaugh
After officials released Alex Murdaugh’s jailhouse phone call recordings, we now have a much clearer understanding of the former attorney and volunteer solicitor’s relationships, plots, and life behind bars. <snipped>

This episode will be one of at least two covering these public records.

During this episode, you’ll hear Alex speak with his family about moving around assets before the receivership was in place. You’ll hear calls between Alex and his sister-and-law Liz Murdaugh — who is apparently one of his biggest supporters.<snipped>

Last edited:
Anyone listening to the most recent phone calls/podcast - Did Alex say something about locking himself out of jail while naked? I though I heard something like that, but there was no explanation or additional comment. Maybe I heard it wrong, but if not, that was quite bizarre.

His discussion of or explanation of his “suicide” attempt, “going blind” for a few minutes and the injury to his head was odd.

Alex seems to be fixating on various snack foods from a kiosk.

Anyone listening to the most recent phone calls/podcast - Did Alex say something about locking himself out of jail while naked? I though I heard something like that, but there was no explanation or additional comment. Maybe I heard it wrong, but if not, that was quite bizarre.

His discussion of or explanation of his “suicide” attempt, “going blind” for a few minutes and the injury to his head was odd.

Must not be high security because Alex was telling Buster he went to take a shower before meal time and he accidentally locked himself out of cell while in buff. Mentions he covered his “bottom” with his “stuff.” Seems they can come and go freely from cells, at least during certain times?

Alex does seem fixated on his “allowance” and having Liz give funds to others, too, so he can get enough snacks from “kiosk.” From what we have learned the last year, he has always been obsessed with $$ and his standard of living :rolleyes: — seems attitude carries through in detention:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks for link @Countem

According to the complaint, Murdaugh's transfer of the property to his wife was a "fraudulent conveyance" in violation of S.C. Code 27-23-10, meaning it was done to intentionally defraud creditors.

Lay and McCoy argue what makes the sale fraudulent and void is the fact Murdaugh transferred the property to Maggie when he was already "insolvent" financially due to substantial debts he owed various individuals — including those from whom he's accused of stealing.

In the petition to Judge Amundson, Lay and McCoy claim Murdaugh had already stolen more than $2.5 million from clients over a period of at least five years by December 2016 when he signed over the Moselle estate to Maggie.

Either way, the attorneys say the exchange was fraudulent, and they want Judge Amundson to order Alex Murdaugh's brother, John Marvin, to relinquish control of the Moselle homes and land to the courts.

What a shyster he is.

So did Maggie think he did this out of love?
I’m not saying it’s right, but this is common practice for people in professions that have a high risk of being sued for malpractice. I’m guessing Maggie thought this was a way to protect their assets by putting it in her name.

IMO These clips seem to be less substantive and more meant to embarrass and/or entertain. Pop tarts? Nudity? What’s newsworthy here? How do these recordings (at least what we’ve heard so far) have to do with the murders of Maggie and Paul? We already know Alex is a sociopath and seems to have no remorse for his financial crimes against many. Is anyone else concerned that these could potentially be used to say the jury pool was tainted, he can’t get a fair trial, blah, blah, blah? MOO

IMO These clips seem to be less substantive and more meant to embarrass and/or entertain. Pop tarts? Nudity? What’s newsworthy here? How do these recordings (at least what we’ve heard so far) have to do with the murders of Maggie and Paul? We already know Alex is a sociopath and seems to have no remorse for his financial crimes against many. Is anyone else concerned that these could potentially be used to say the jury pool was tainted, he can’t get a fair trial, blah, blah, blah? MOO

None of it seems relevant to the murders. I agree that the phone calls could be used for a court fight but the rebuttal could be that AM, his lawyers, and the public knows that these phone calls are recorded.

They want to sell subscriptions. Clickbait

None of it seems relevant to the murders. I agree that the phone calls could be used for a court fight but the rebuttal could be that AM, his lawyers, and the public knows that these phone calls are recorded.
They know they’re being recorded, and judging by what we’ve heard so far, there’s nothing necessarily incriminating on them in terms of the murders.
However, I wonder if putting these out for public consumption, making fun of him getting locked out of his cell naked, ordering Pop Tarts and beef sticks, broadcasting embarrassing and personal family conversations, etc. is truly helpful to justice. MOO

Last edited:
I agree the latest podcast on the detention center recordings is sensationalized and seems mostly motivated by self promotion [OMHO] but what we learn is 1) that AM is wheeling and dealing (illegally) with other inmates, 2) was definitely working on BM and JMM to preserve/launder as many assets as possible, ASAP, 3) Alec’s version of shooting experience (his description of bullet moving along side his skull was interesting and he’s “not dumber”), and 4) that some of his close family are standing by him completely especially LM, but 5) most significant to me is what is not mentioned AT ALL by ANYONE — the murder investigation status; and/or any sadness or expressions of grief over the loss of Maggie & Paul.

MOO. MOO.

Last edited:
‘You’ve done some illegal’ stuff, Alex Murdaugh’s son tells dad in jail phone recording | The Herald (Rock Hill, S.C.), 15 June 2022

The son of suspended Hampton County lawyer Alex Murdaugh told his father during a recorded phone call in December that Alex did “some illegal” stuff.

Alex talked to his son Buster by phone from Richland County’s Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center, where Alex is being held on a series of financial charges. The call with his son Buster was made on Dec. 22.

On the call, Buster expressed concern that a search warrant might not have been properly served on Alex.

“I understand that you’ve done some illegal s---,” Buster Murdaugh said to his father. That doesn’t mean investigators “can turn a cold shoulder to the laws of the United States.”

Allegedly done illegal stuff,” Alex said and chuckled. “I’m kidding . . . It is what it is,” he said.

That exchange, during a casual phone call, was contained in the recordings of more than 100 calls obtained this week by The State.

Just before the exchange, the father and son talked about police confiscating Alex’s phone and electronic tablet. Buster asked if it was legal for the police to take the devices without serving a search warrant to Alex in person. Alex said that “it doesn’t matter” to him that police took the phone and tablet.

”Ain’t nothing on it,” he said.

<snipped>

The Dec. 22 call began with the two talking about a family trip and law school for Buster.

They also talked about reporters’ coverage of a recent bond hearing for Alex Murdaugh. Alex wanted to know if reporters had quoted what he said in the court room.

“I’m way past worrying about what people who don’t matter say,” Alex said. “But they don’t have a f---ing clue.”

Buster went on to say that people had been harassing him in public.

“Some redneck fellow” had “cussed me out” at a gas station, Buster said.

Alex called the stranger an “a--hole.”

<snipped>

Last edited:
They know they’re being recorded, and judging by what we’ve heard so far, there’s nothing necessarily incriminating on them in terms of the murders.
However, I wonder if putting these out for public consumption, making fun of him getting locked out of his cell naked, ordering Pop Tarts and beef sticks, broadcasting embarrassing and personal family conversations, etc. is truly helpful to justice. MOO
I have no problem with them being released. IMO it continues to show AM’s conniving ways, always looking for an angle whether it be about selling assets or his roadside shooting.

He is a habitual liar and con man who doesn’t deserve protection from embarrassment, especially after he repeats the phone calls are recorded and monitored while talking.

MOO

I have no problem with them being released. IMO it continues to show AM’s conniving ways, always looking for an angle whether it be about selling assets or his roadside shooting.

He is a habitual liar and con man who doesn’t deserve protection from embarrassment, especially after he repeats the phone calls are recorded and monitored while talking.

MOO
Exactly this.

And this statement is very telling, as if his actions weren't: Allegedly done illegal stuff,” Alex said and chuckled. “I’m kidding . . . It is what it is,” he said."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper