SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. FitsNews is reporting MM arriving at Moselle between 7-7:30. If her vehicle was running when LE got there did she maybe stop and get gas before arriving? What kind of vehicle did she have, a real gas guzzler or something more economic. How long would those kinds of vehicles be able to idle on a full tank of gas?

LE knows from their phones when MM texted with her friend before arriving and when PM communicated with the dog owner while there.

It is weird that if LE got there and her car was running why FitsNews is reporting MM got there 2 hrs before the time of death coroner says.

Possibly she talking to someone on a built in car phone, like an Onstar thing, turned it on while making a call when Alex arrived?

There are so many questions about timeline to be revealed. I'm sure LE has all the particulars figured out.

I’m thinking MM arrived at Moselle between 7-7:30pm and drove to the house and waited inside for AM. At some point toward 9pm she realized PM was down at the kennels. The house is a decent distance from the kennels, but walkable, but it was a wet night raining off and on, so she decided to drive down to the kennels instead. As she pulls up maybe AM pulls up too and she gets out to talk but leaves the car on thinking they are getting ready to drive to the hospital to see AM’s father. Just my thoughts.

That’s strange for Bland to make the statement about AM not having anything to do with Gloria’s case. No good reason for him to opine on it and whether it was directly or indirectly it doesn’t matter. We know AM is definitely involved with the family’s settlement so why would Bland give him the benefit of the doubt on anything else?
I wondered why Bland stated that as well…..surprised he even mentioned it at this point when they haven’t even exhumed GS‘s body yet. Lord only knows what they will find but I sure don’t believe AM is innocent of any death where he is concerned.

Megnut mentioned AM=cancer kitty…..so, so true & very fitting (& funny too)!!

I wondered why Bland stated that as well…..surprised he even mentioned it at this point when they haven’t even exhumed GS yet.
I wonder if Bland (and others) know that PM had something to do with the fall. There must have been something fishy noted immediately so it was not reported and no autopsy done. MOO MOO MOO

That’s strange for Bland to make the statement about AM not having anything to do with Gloria’s case. No good reason for him to opine on it and whether it was directly or indirectly it doesn’t matter. We know AM is definitely involved with the family’s settlement so why would Bland give him the benefit of the doubt on anything else?

I thought it odd as well, that’s why I posted it. Considering all we know I was surprised to see him say that.

Sure wish there was more information on the plug being pulled on Hakeem Pinckney’s ventilator.

Jmo

Or they could have an automated AVRU — “If you know the extension of the party you are calling please enter it now. For a directory of employees press 2. To speak to the receptionist press 3”. Many call routing systems can be programmed to transfer an extension’s calls to an outside landline or someone’s cell phone. They can be programmed by the administrator to always transfer, roll over to the cell phone if the extension doesn’t answer after x rings or the extension owner themselves can turn the transfer on and off as with call forwarding.

Hopefully the law office uses a system that records programming history. It will be interesting to see what programming changes were made the day after the jail calls were made public. And even more interesting to see if those changes were made by the administrator or an individual user.

I imagine w/many routimg systems it’s possible to press a code and clear the programming history. Not that it matters because of course no one at the firm would ever intentionally do that. But electronic systems are notorious for annoying random crashes that often result in the unfortunate loss of data…. Right?
Thank you for this info. I guess an unfortunate loss of data could be revealed

Thank you for this info. I guess an unfortunate loss of data could be revealed

Going back and reading @Indy22 post I remember back in the early 80’s secretary had her home phone connected? To her desk phone and could answer from work like she was home. After seeing the list of calls from before the calls were released and after it’s pretty obvious something was going on.

Jmo

Jmo

MetaData is data about data. MetaData from a phone could be position, change or position, rate of change,
Temperature. Some phones also have programs to sense sounds (like alexa) and might record sounds like gunfire. Also newer phones have sensors recording x-y-z axis movements and an accelerometer (sp?) too.
This is how you insurance company monitors your goofy driving. I do expect that the Murdaugh family had the newest cellphones with the top feature list. it's amazing what these little boxes know about you.

MetaData is data about data. MetaData from a phone could be position, change or position, rate of change,
Temperature. Some phones also have programs to sense sounds (like alexa) and might record sounds like gunfire. Also newer phones have sensors recording x-y-z axis movements and an accelerometer (sp?) too.
This is how you insurance company monitors your goofy driving. I do expect that the Murdaugh family had the newest cellphones with the top feature list. it's amazing what these little boxes know about you.
Thank you !
I wish you could send this to Alex in prison. He needs some schooling on technology. A Mercedes instruction manual would be helpful to Alex also.

Last edited:
MOO - Could it be, because a cause of death by murder would negate the settlement the sons received from the homeowner's insurance policy?? From the get-go, it seems that Bland has intentionally shied away from placing any blame on anyone for GS death. Is the finding of an accidental death more advantageous for his clients? Just wondering out loud...

“I would never advocate anyone committing suicide but in Alex’s case he has ruined so many people’s lives already and there’s so much more coming,” Eric Bland, the Columbia, SC attorney representing the Satterfield family, told The Post.

“This guy has left so many victims in his wake, family members whose lives he’s either destroyed and family members he may have killed, that that’s hard to overestimate the damage. This could all drag on another seven years. Alex is potentially a guy who will go down in history making the name ‘Murdaugh’ synonymous with Madoff, Manson and Ted Bundy.”

Bland said that, short of suicide, the only honorable option for Murdaugh now would be to come clean on everything he knows about both the murders of Maggie and Paul as well as the slew of financial charges against him.

Much more at link.

MOO - Could it be, because a cause of death by murder would negate the settlement the sons received from the homeowner's insurance policy?? From the get-go, it seems that Bland has intentionally shied away from placing any blame on anyone for GS death. Is the finding of an accidental death more advantageous for his clients? Just wondering out loud...
I agree, it's probably something like that. IIRC, the Satterfield claim was settled out of court when AM agreed to pay them the original $4.3 million, and apologize for theft. IMO, if it turned out AM murdered GS, the insurance company would claw back that original accidental death settlement. They would have a higher claim on that money than the S family, since it was not just money stolen from the S's, but originally stolen from the insurance company.

JMO

Last edited:
While some of you are focused on the guns, I'm focused on the money. It seems that both the Moselle property and the Edisto property are on the market or sold. Both properties, iirc, are in MM name. The combined value of both properties abt 4.8 million but had combined mortgages of abt 2.2 million leaving abt 2.6 million in equity. The miscellaneous items in MM possession were valued at abt 105K. So a total for MM at 2.7 million. Could this be touched in any lawsuit??

I think I read that at the time of her death or close to it that MM had $58 in a checking account belonging just to her and MM's share of a joint account was 4k, so joint total would be 8k if you used the 50/50 split. Another shared account had just $16 in it. Did she have access to marital funds for monthly living expenses? or was someone squeezing her cash flow? Was there even enough marital money to support 2 households and the 4 of them??

What assets can we put in AM's column? He for sure is/was cash poor. What pocket will all of the various lawsuits dip in to? and that brings me to the question I've had all along. Where did all of the money go????

***Snipped for space***

What assets can we put in AM's column? He for sure is/was cash poor. What pocket will all of the various lawsuits dip in to? and that brings me to the question I've had all along. Where did all of the money go????
Sure wish we knew more about the supposed mistress.....

Where did all the money go? Just my speculation: Bribes, Payoffs, Hush Money?

The night of the murders: I think AM somehow convinced MM to meet him at the kennels to make a deal with her to withdraw the financial audit. But, AM arrived prepared for murder. Maybe the guns were already stashed there in advance.

I'm on the fence about whether AM wanted to kill his son, but it is telling that two guns were used to give appearance of two killers.

I believe that this was discussed previously, with some speculating that Bland was not pushing the issue in the best interest of GS’s family because of potential impacts to the insurance policy payout depending on the circumstances surrounding GS’s death. That is all from my hazy memory, though.

I've posted before about this, but as a lawyer you have to show negligence in a slip and fall case. I've read a little specifically on South Carolina but as with all states there has to be a showing of negligence. I originally understood this was an unwitnessed fall. GS was familiar with the property and that there were dogs. In Georgia there would be likely be no or little recovery unless there was a showing of negligence; because of the death of GS they would probably have paid in the low six figures to avoid cost of lititgation. It would make a lot more sense if there had been litigation between Murtaugh and insurer regarding coverage. The fact that it appears policy limits were paid out is even more curious. As someone who was coming and going on a regular basis GS would have had a duty to watch her footing and be aware of where the dogs were. This is just another aspect of this case that makes little sense to a personal injury lawyer. I know AM made an admission of fault but on what basis? It's as if his plan from the beginning was to both defraud his insurer and GS estate.

While some of you are focused on the guns, I'm focused on the money. It seems that both the Moselle property and the Edisto property are on the market or sold. Both properties, iirc, are in MM name. The combined value of both properties abt 4.8 million but had combined mortgages of abt 2.2 million leaving abt 2.6 million in equity. The miscellaneous items in MM possession were valued at abt 105K. So a total for MM at 2.7 million. Could this be touched in any lawsuit??

I think I read that at the time of her death or close to it that MM had $58 in a checking account belonging just to her and MM's share of a joint account was 4k, so joint total would be 8k if you used the 50/50 split. Another shared account had just $16 in it. Did she have access to marital funds for monthly living expenses? or was someone squeezing her cash flow? Was there even enough marital money to support 2 households and the 4 of them??

Just a quick search, but it seems to me that if AM is convicted of her murder, her estate would pass to Buster. It doesn't seem that any lawsuits could touch her estate, the property was legitimately owned by her. JMO

"A surviving spouse... who feloniously and intentionally kills the decedent is not entitled to any benefits under the will or under this article, and the estate of decedent passes as if the killer had predeceased the decedent. "

Lets imagine that AM's scheme with Cousin Eddie went off without a hitch. Even if the preponderance of evidence were to show AM as the killer, his body could not be convicted. If he were to die in prison pre-trial, same thing. If am was convicted of murder and was granted an aappeal and then dies before appeal was heard, no conviction. On Murder or any of the other charges. Civil suits galore but no Murder.
That happened to the ENRON guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members