SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the flurry of ranting replies, I'm just so disheartened by the whole lot of them. AM (and his cronies) schemed, stole and abused everyone around and then topped it off with the murder of his own wife and son. How much more despicable and corrupt could this be? I'm so very sorry to all of the innocent people who have been victimized by this.

MOO

#Justice4AllofAMVictims

I didn't realize RL's family was taking the stand against him. Interesting. I actually know a few of the Lafitte's....no one in this trial and they are only related by marriage. The ones I know are good people and really nice! We've never talked about the case so I have no insider info to get verified on. But like I said, they are only related through marriage, in-laws, not any of the key players in this.

Did he make all of the calls or answer any? Normally I wouldnt think anything of a lawyer being on the phone a lot but this is far from normal.
And during his flurry of alibis -- I mean, phone calls -- what was happening on his wife's phone and his son's? They were deadly quiet, I imagine.

Digital forensics will shatter his alibi.

JMO

Last edited:
One of the questions asked of John Marvin Murdaugh by defense attorneys was if he knew who the beneficiary of Maggie’s estate was. JMM answered that he thought Alex was the beneficiary.
I don’t know what the purpose of that question was, but to me, it sounded like a motive for murder.
Isn’t he executor of Maggie’s estate?

He answered he “thought Alex was the beneficiary”? [BBM]

Today his lawyers hope to rest their case in the defense of #RussellLaffitte. I've been at the federal courthouse for most of this trial. I think we're all hoping to see Laffitte take the stand today after his lawyers said nothing could keep him from testifying. @Live5News
Oh please, let this bumbling, not too bright Banker take the stand. I really, really want to hear this.

Laffitte testified that he and Murdaugh knew each other but ran in different social circles. […]

Laffitte described Murdaugh as boisterous and chaotic. He said when Murdaugh came into a bank or room he made demands and people did what he asked.
Laffitte addressed some of the conservatorships.
[…] According to Laffitte, he would sign the spaces on documents Murdaugh put in front of him because he trusted the lawyer. […] Laffitte said the loans [from conservatorship accounts] to himself and Murdaugh would earn more money in interest [for the conservatees].[…] As for checks Murdaugh brought to Palmetto State Bank and asked to be cut and applied to different accounts, Laffitte said he rarely looked at the memo line. He cut all the checks because Murdaugh came in with a story every time.

Buster angrily rejected the suggestion that he is supporting his father, and said, 'I don't want to see it written anywhere that I'm supporting my father'

I’m glad to see the police in Idaho admit that telling the public that all was well with nobody caught after murders wasn’t smart. We will never see that here because admitting to stupid errors is out of bounds.

Buster angrily rejected the suggestion that he is supporting his father, and said, 'I don't want to see it written anywhere that I'm supporting my father'

Really not much new here, other than DM asking if he supports his father. To which they got a 'none of your business' type response.

The government also questioned Laffite and the bank loaning Murdaugh money for things like farming or house renovations, which instead appeared to be used to pay off debts.

“I don’t know what he’s got going on,” Laffitte said. “If you started calling and questioning every odd check you get in the bank, you’d be doing it all day. In hindsight, I wish I had.”

Murdaugh, 26, was interviewed ambush-style by a reporter for The (U.K.) Daily Mail as he emerged from “a modest $180,000 condo” on Hilton Head Island, S.C. reportedly owned by his girlfriend, Brooklynn White.

“Presumably you’re supporting your father,” reporter Laura Collins asked Murdaugh as he exited the home.

“You have no right to presume anything,” Murdaugh fired back.

“I don’t want to see it written anywhere that I’m supporting my father,” he added, per Collins’ report.

Asked whether he cared to add anything to that statement, Murdaugh declined.

“I have no interest in saying anything,” he said. “I have no comment.”

Collins described Murdaugh as “adamant” in saying he did not wish to be identified as supporting his father – and that he “politely” declined to comment further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth