SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we know this?

FITSNews
@fitsnews
#MurdaughMurders Russell Laffitte trial: Defense attorney Bart Daniel just alleged that Alex Murdaugh was confronted about finances by an employee of his former law firm on June 7, 2021 - the day he allegedly killed his wife and younger son.

Did we know this?

FITSNews
@fitsnews
#MurdaughMurders Russell Laffitte trial: Defense attorney Bart Daniel just alleged that Alex Murdaugh was confronted about finances by an employee of his former law firm on June 7, 2021 - the day he allegedly killed his wife and younger son.
Nope. That is new.

In her opening statement, prosecutor Emily Limehouse mostly described how Laffitte and Murdaugh used their positions as a banker and lawyer, respectively, to misuse money that Murdaugh had gained in settlements. But at one point, Limehouse disclosed that on the morning of June 7, 2021 — the same date when Murdaugh’s wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, were found murdered that night — a member of Murdaugh’s law firm had questioned Murdaugh about missing legal fees. She did not identify the partner, nor did she elaborate on the partners’ conversations.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article268445527.html#storylink=cpy

I couldn’t stop myself so I wrote AM in for Attorney General while voting today. Both he and Wilson are products of the same long standing good boys system.
Agreed and it's pretty damn shameful that they've gotten away with it for so long. I hope all the cronies aiding and abetting the "Murdaugh Empire" have to answer for their actions, LE, Judges, Law Partners, Family Member, Politicians, Bankers.....every single one.

I know it's wishful thinking.

MOO

Poor Russell was just another one of Alex's victims, he most definitely wasn't using settlement money as his own personal slush fund...

Poor Russell was just another one of Alex's victims, he most definitely wasn't using settlement money as his own personal slush fund...

Lafitte is trying to blame it all on AM and others. That they led him astray and conned him blah blah blah.
He is no uneducated lunkhead. He was the CEO of a bank dag-nab-bit!!! HE should have been the one to stand up and say “No, we aren’t doing any of this. It is unethical. It is immoral. It is criminal.”!
The reason he didn’t do that is because HE was benefitting from it too.
So what, that he put the money back in the accounts. The Palmetto Bank of Cousins was not intended as his personal money jar.
What they all did, what HE did as CEO, was unethical, immoral and criminal.
These ridiculous entitled people make me so angry.

Another report:

"The former CFO of Murdaugh’s family law firm PMPED, Jeanne Seckinger, told the court during Laffite’s trial Wednesday the family firm confronted Murdaugh about missing money on June 7, 2021, WCBD reported.

That’s the same day Murdaugh’s wife Maggie and son Paul were brutally shot dead....Seckinger testified... that hours before the shootings, the firm approached Murdaugh looking to identify where client settlement cash was, according to WCBD. She added the firm decided to hold back from further investigating the missing money after Maggie and Paul were murdered, saying it sent the family law firm into a “tizzy," the local TV station reported

The former CFO said the company was particularly worried about Murdaugh hiding money from the firm after his son Paul was charged in the boating crash death of 19-year-old Mallory Beach."

Lafitte is trying to blame it all on AM and others. That they led him astray and conned him blah blah blah.
He is no uneducated lunkhead. He was the CEO of a bank dag-nab-bit!!! HE should have been the one to stand up and say “No, we aren’t doing any of this. It is unethical. It is immoral. It is criminal.”!
The reason he didn’t do that is because HE was benefitting from it too.
So what, that he put the money back in the accounts. The Palmetto Bank of Cousins was not intended as his personal money jar.
What they all did, what HE did as CEO, was unethical, immoral and criminal.
These ridiculous entitled people make me so angry.
I loved that he "worked his way up" from bank teller. Sir, it's a family business. You worked your way up the way Queen Elizabeth "worked her way up" from ambulance driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenitsa