SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Traditionally, state legislatures, just like the original US Congress, would begin meeting in early January and adjourn in time for spring planting. Special sessions would be ordered as the needs arose.. Even now, most southern states still have limited sessions and try to finish up legislative business by early summer. Even when the legislature is in session, it is still a part-time job. Committees do not meet every day, and there are not important votes every day.

Harpootlian has supposedly waived his legislative privileges for the upcoming trial, but it would not surprise me at all if things change when the trial approaches. Harpootlian has long practiced hard-ball vicious politics in the past. He plays to win in everything he does. He is not a likable guy, but good at what he does (win at all costs).

BBM
In a motion filed Tuesday, prosecutors specify that Maggie Murdaugh, 52, and Paul Murdaugh, 22, were murdered between 8:30 p.m. and 10:06 p.m. on June 7, 2021, at the Murdaugh family property in rural Colleton County.

BBM
Prosecutors in Alex Murdaugh’s murder trial are asking for all the evidence and the disgraced lawyer’s alibi in the case. […] It is asking that alibi to be turned over in the next 10 days. […] That includes requesting Murdaugh’s lawyers to give them “the specific place or places the Defendant claims to have been at the time of the alleged offense and the names and addresses of the witnesses upon he intends to rely to establish such alibi.”

DH has taken this case on for some reason; fame, recognition, or perhaps AM is very persuasive since they're such good friends from way back, IYKWIM.

I think it's a terrible move for him and his political wife, which makes me wonder even more what his motivation is.

MOO
I haven't been on WS for some months but currently catching up on a few cases. DH is a tricky old devil. He is a highly experienced attorney and now a Senator. He was in charge of Susan Smith's defense team and is, I believe, the reason she didn't get the DP. He created a defense that included her step-father molesting her, which garnered sympathy for her. I believe that DH is doing this for fame, his political career, and to help out a crony. His power as an attorney in SC can't be over-estimated. He is THE big dog. The only other attorney in who was once an equal was Jack Swerling, AFAIK. IMO, DH is working hard to cover the other crimes of AM (financial and drug trafficking, among others) because of the connections that would be revealed. Most of LE has given up on protecting AM because it's now dangerous for them to be linked with him. Before AM's world started coming apart, they were glad to count him as a friend and to run little errands for him, attend parties at his home, etc. Now they don't want any stink to get on them. But DH is slippery and smart. I think he plans on Cuz ES to take the rap, just like Susan Smith's step-father did.

I haven't been on WS for some months but currently catching up on a few cases. DH is a tricky old devil. He is a highly experienced attorney and now a Senator. He was in charge of Susan Smith's defense team and is, I believe, the reason she didn't get the DP. He created a defense that included her step-father molesting her, which garnered sympathy for her. I believe that DH is doing this for fame, his political career, and to help out a crony. His power as an attorney in SC can't be over-estimated. He is THE big dog. The only other attorney in who was once an equal was Jack Swerling, AFAIK. IMO, DH is working hard to cover the other crimes of AM (financial and drug trafficking, among others) because of the connections that would be revealed. Most of LE has given up on protecting AM because it's now dangerous for them to be linked with him. Before AM's world started coming apart, they were glad to count him as a friend and to run little errands for him, attend parties at his home, etc. Now they don't want any stink to get on them. But DH is slippery and smart. I think he plans on Cuz ES to take the rap, just like Susan Smith's step-father did.

DH is a powerhouse but I think Susan Smith had David Bruck, an anti death penalty lawyer. I *think* DH was somehow involved with Pee Wee Gaskins, another well known SC case.

Edit to add that Harpoolian actually prosecuted Gaskins. I just remember a local tv news clip once of DH showing drawings and letters that Gaskins sent him from death row.

BBM

BBM

Again, I don’t, well I do, understand why they are floating this stuff that we expect would be a part of the regular flow in a trial.

As the deluge of feature productions related to the ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga ramps up, a new documentary from HBO Max has sparked a firestorm over its apparent unauthorized use of materials which were placed under a judge’s seal.

The short summary of the article is that an attorney for one of the victims in the boat crash provided HBO with security camera footage from the hospital after the accident under the erroneous presumption that the footage was obtained through a FOIA request. The attorney has requested that HBO remove the footage from the documentary.

DH is a powerhouse but I think Susan Smith had David Bruck, an anti death penalty lawyer. I *think* DH was somehow involved with Pee Wee Gaskins, another well known SC case.

Edit to add that Harpoolian actually prosecuted Gaskins. I just remember a local tv news clip once of DH showing drawings and letters that Gaskins sent him from death row.
Oh, yes, he's been on both sides of the fence, prosecutor and defense. DH was once the head of the Democratic Party in SC. He's got all ten fingers deep into every political/law-connected pie there is. He usually gets what he wants in every case. I would not doubt that he's jumped on this case because he's trying to salvage what's left of the sprawling business AM created and/or inherited because it involves a lot of influential people. You don't launder huge sums of money and buy and sell millions of dollars in drugs because you personally have an addiction. Yet, we aren't seeing very many others involved. Personally, I don't like FITSNEWS. I think they're basically a gossip rag, but I agree that there is a much deeper and dirtier story here, if the prosecutors are brave enough or good enough to bring it to light.

BBM

BBM
I’m finding this new expanded time frame (8.30p - 10.06p) — that includes TOD for both victims — interesting.

Pauls’s video time stamp for the same day is 8.44p, almost 15 mins. after the TOD window opens. The window closes 1 min. before AM fires up his vehicle to drive to Almeada.

In a post way back, I think we had times for the several (four?) phone calls between AM and his lawyer chum during his drives to and from Almeada. Wish I could remember how they fit into this new alleged time line.

I’m sure this expansion is to cover all potential bases, so to speak, but it also makes me curious as to whether it allows potential for two killers/shooters.

All OMO. Just letting my mind wander.

Any thoughts on what reason there might be for expanding the time frame?

Dateline tonight will be interesting as it’s suppose to be more people speaking out. It’s a bit of a “the wicked witch is dead” vibe with AM looking to be toast. People are coming out of the shell it seems but I’m sure they are still cautious.

I’m finding this new expanded time frame (8.30p - 10.06p) — that includes TOD for both victims — interesting.

Pauls’s video time stamp for the same day is 8.44p, almost 15 mins. after the TOD window opens. The window closes 1 min. before AM fires up his vehicle to drive to Almeada.

In a post way back, I think we had times for the several (four?) phone calls between AM and his lawyer chum during his drives to and from Almeada. Wish I could remember how they fit into this new alleged time line.

I’m sure this expansion is to cover all potential bases, so to speak, but it also makes me curious as to whether it allows potential for two killers/shooters.

All OMO. Just letting my mind wander.

Any thoughts on what reason there might be for expanding the time frame?
Actually, AM supposedly left the scene at 9:06 pm and returned an hour later 10:06 pm and then called 911. So he had basically 24 minutes to do the deed, clean up or change clothes and head out to see his Dad.

I just finished “Low Country: The Murdaugh Dynasty” on HBO Max. I seriously can’t believe Griffin laid out the entire defense and to me violated the gag order in place.

….

“Low Country” presents a recreation of a timeline offered by one of Murdaugh’s defense attorneys, Jim Griffin.

The attorney says that Murdaugh, Paul and Maggie had dinner at the Moselle the night of the murders. After dinner, Paul and Maggie left the house while Murdaugh napped, according to the documentary. At 9 p.m., Murdaugh woke up and went to visit his mother who was suffering from dementia and supposedly was on the phone while driving. But his mother’s dementia means she can’t testify, and one interviewee points out that no one has come forward to offer another alibi.

When Murdaugh returned to Mosselle approximately an hour later, Griffin says that Murdaugh found Maggie and Paul shot to death near the dog kennels. Paul was almost decapitated by a shotgun blast; Maggie was shot with an AR-15-style rifle and then shot again while on the ground.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article268180882.html#storylink=cpy

There’s multiple videos showing AM and Smith heading to the suicide spot and I’d have to bet there’s similar video of AM moving on the night of the murders and showing exactly who went there when MM and PM were murdered.

IRA's and 401k's are protected from seizure in civil cases and bankruptcies.

If AM were not allowed to defend himself with his own resources, the taxpayers of South Carolina would be stuck with the bills. AM must not have had any other liquid assets available.

On the other hand, his retirement will most likely be funded by the Department of Corrections, and he won't need his own money.
But poor people, who might have sold a bit of weed because they can't afford food for their family, don't have IRAs or 401ks. They also can't afford to bond out on low key cases. They lose their jobs. They get a criminal record. But AM's crowd lives in a different world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces