SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if this was planned to kill Maggie & Paul is it possible that AM asked PM to take video (of whatever) to show that all was good between them.

Jmo
Could be, AM has a cunning mind. OT, I laugh every time Dick H uses the word convivial to describe how the M's were getting along. He has said that numerous times.

It was a more human review — these are the real, live people who have suffered, knew the M family, and who live and work in that community everyday.

One thing said by Sandy on the CNN program that was news to me was that both AM and his brother RM appeared at the crime scene the night SS was found. If you will recall RM called SS’s father immediately after the death was reported offering to take SS’s case pro bono. On the CNN show Sandy asked why anyone would think at that point that the SS family had a case.

Hearing that two Ms showed up at the SS crime scene reminded me of two Ms showing up at the hospital after the boat crash. MOO.

Think what you will. OMHO.
When an ambulance chaser takes a case "pro bono" and not on contingency, that raises red flags. Maybe this was just imprecise reporting, but I doubt the M family does a lot of work for free.

Back in the day when Dad was active LE we had a motorola police radio in the house. We could listen to the dispatch calling out to different patrol cars to respond to situations.

Hubby and I also had hand held scanner’s and could listen to calls, they are now encrypted.
I wonder if an M or two had a radio to stay on top of what was going on.

Jmo

As a side note, I was listening one day, started scanning the channels and picked up a baby monitor in a home? and could hear ppl talking.

I’ve heard that they would pick up cordless phones and 900MH cell calls too.

It’s been said people are entitled to the best justice they can afford. Well, this week accused killer Alex Murdaugh got $600,000 to spend on his defense in the double homicide case at the heart of the still-unfolding ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga.

That answers, in part, how a disbarred lawyer described by his own counsel as “impecunious” (a.k.a. broke) is able to afford two of the top criminal defense attorneys in the state of South Carolina.

And at least a half-dozen expert witnesses

During a hearing in Lexington County on Tuesday afternoon, circuit court judge Daniel Hall approved an agreement between Murdaugh’s attorneys and the lawyers appointed to manage his funds in connection with a high-profile wrongful death case in which Murdaugh and several members of his family are named as defendants.

Under the terms of that agreement, Murdaugh is entitled to compensate lawyers and experts in his murder trial with proceeds from his 401(k) retirement account – which he is liquidating.

It’s been said people are entitled to the best justice they can afford. Well, this week accused killer Alex Murdaugh got $600,000 to spend on his defense in the double homicide case at the heart of the still-unfolding ‘Murdaugh Murders’ crime and corruption saga.

That answers, in part, how a disbarred lawyer described by his own counsel as “impecunious” (a.k.a. broke) is able to afford two of the top criminal defense attorneys in the state of South Carolina.

During a hearing in Lexington County on Tuesday afternoon, circuit court judge Daniel Hall approved an agreement between Murdaugh’s attorneys and the lawyers appointed to manage his funds in connection with a high-profile wrongful death case in which Murdaugh and several members of his family are named as defendants.

Under the terms of that agreement, Murdaugh is entitled to compensate lawyers and experts in his murder trial with proceeds from his 401(k) retirement account – which he is liquidating.
This makes me soooo mad, that money should be given to the people he conned.

Obviously it's legal, but definitely not the moral thing to do. Duh, we're talking about AM here, moral isn't a word in his vocabulary.

MOO

This makes me soooo mad, that money should be given to the people he conned.

Obviously it's legal, but definitely not the moral thing to do. Duh, we're talking about AM here, moral isn't a word in his vocabulary.

MOO

That judge is a lawyer too and this makes sure the lawyers involved are getting money.

IRA's and 401k's are protected from seizure in civil cases and bankruptcies.

If AM were not allowed to defend himself with his own resources, the taxpayers of South Carolina would be stuck with the bills. AM must not have had any other liquid assets available.

On the other hand, his retirement will most likely be funded by the Department of Corrections, and he won't need his own money.

IRA's and 401k's are protected from seizure in civil cases and bankruptcies.

If AM were not allowed to defend himself with his own resources, the taxpayers of South Carolina would be stuck with the bills. AM must not have had any other liquid assets available.

On the other hand, his retirement will most likely be funded by the Department of Corrections, and he won't need his own money.
Guess it’s unreasonable to expect his 401(k) to go to the folks he allegedly scammed — I mean people without resources are represented by public defenders or Legal Aid all the time. He doesn’t need to have Poot and Griff.:rolleyes:

Murdaugh’s lead attorney, state senator Dick Harpootlian, told the court on Tuesday that he and co-counsel Jim Griffin had already retained six expert witnesses on Murdaugh’s behalf —– and already spent “six figures” to retain them.

<snipped>

Harpootlian has previously stated neither he nor Griffin are expecting to make any money defending Murdaugh. [BBM]
————
They must be defending him for sport. :rolleyes:

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/10/26...dge-approves-alex-murdaughs-401k-liquidation/

Murdaugh’s lead attorney, state senator Dick Harpootlian, told the court on Tuesday that he and co-counsel Jim Griffin had already retained six expert witnesses on Murdaugh’s behalf —– and already spent “six figures” to retain them.

<snipped>

Harpootlian has previously stated neither he nor Griffin are expecting to make any money defending Murdaugh. [BBM]
————

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/10/26...dge-approves-alex-murdaughs-401k-liquidation/
As I have said earlier, my suspicion (My opinion only) is that he is involved to protect more prominent people....I don't believe he's in it for money, or fame, or any altruistic motive.

<snipped>

————

“Not expecting” to make money is a relative term in their world. It doesn’t mean they are not going to make any money. It will be made in one way or another. He stands to make a large sum for each person he saves from prison, short and long term.

“Every time you think it’s finished,” WSAV-TV reporter Andrew Davis says of South Carolina’s Murdaugh saga, “there’s another turn.” No statement better sums up the twists and turns laid out in “Low Country: The Murdaugh Dynasty,” a new three-part HBO Max documentary series about Alex Murdaugh and his family’s legacy of power, corruption, entitlement and murder. The series debuts on the HBO streaming service Thursday, Nov. 3. Davis is one of several journalists interviewed for the series, helping explain the complicated case alongside local residents, victims, friends and attorneys.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/entertainment/tv-movies/article267681937.html#storylink=cpy

I do not live in SC but there are so many reasons why allowing state senators to be practicing attorneys is ridiculous. I understand the conflicts re: judicial appointments, but what about the tremendous amount of time this trial (that hasn't even started) is taking away from doing his senatorial work for his constituents? This system needs to be wiped out with all the good ol boys.

I do not live in SC but there are so many reasons why allowing state senators to be practicing attorneys is ridiculous. I understand the conflicts re: judicial appointments, but what about the tremendous amount of time this trial (that hasn't even started) is taking away from doing his senatorial work for his constituents? This system needs to be wiped out with all the good ol boys.
Not every state has a full time legislature.

There are lots of conflicts of interest with lots of professions (e.g., construction/development). My state doesn't pay state legislators enough for them to sit out their full time jobs unless they are wealthy. I think it's a mistake not to pay elected officials with significant power enough to leave their full-time jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces