SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve known for decades how some people in these counties can wave a wand and make stuff like DUI charges magically vanish with enough money and I’d bet that AM knew that game well. Who knows if one of those jurors could have such a tie to AM from years back and figures it’s time to scratch his back. Especially given that I’m sure his brothers are still well dug in with people there.
As one who hears things...I hear ya!

Alex Murdaugh accomplice Curtis Smith subpoenaed to testify at upcoming murder trial​

<snipped>

Curtis “Eddie” Smith has been subpoenaed to appear as a witness in Alex Murdaugh’s upcoming murder trial.

Smith’s criminal defense attorney, Aimee Zmroczek, has confirmed that Smith, who is accused of conspiring with Murdaugh as part of a money laundering scheme, has been ordered to appear at Murdaugh’s trial.

He was subpoenaed by the state Attorney General’s Office.

Alex Murdaugh accomplice Curtis Smith subpoenaed to testify at upcoming murder trial

Battle continues over use of financial crime evidence in murder case​

One of the most significant sources of pretrial contention is whether or not alleged financial crime evidence can be used to prosecute Murdaugh on murder charges, and that battle will continue to rage until Judge Newman makes a decision by court order.

In addition to double murder and weapons charges, Murdaugh is also facing scores of SC State Grand Jury charges in connection with an alleged decade-long, multi-county financial and drug-related crime spree in which he allegedly stole more than $8.5 million from multiple lawyers and clients.

Prosecutors have filed recent motions claiming that the Murdaugh family murders are directly related to the financial crimes and alleging that Murdaugh killed his family to distract attention from those crimes, and to gain sympathy and time while he attempted to borrow money and cover them up.

Can someone help with this --- previously when I came to read the threads I would see a button 'jump to new' on right side and it would take me to where I previously left off. Now the button reads 'unwatch' what do I do to restore the previous button TIA

Can someone help with this --- previously when I came to read the threads I would see a button 'jump to new' on right side and it would take me to where I previously left off. Now the button reads 'unwatch' what do I do to restore the previous button TIA

If you're all caught up, it's not going to show the Jump to New button.

Alex Murdaugh accomplice Curtis Smith subpoenaed to testify at upcoming murder trial​

<snipped>

Curtis “Eddie” Smith has been subpoenaed to appear as a witness in Alex Murdaugh’s upcoming murder trial.

Smith’s criminal defense attorney, Aimee Zmroczek, has confirmed that Smith, who is accused of conspiring with Murdaugh as part of a money laundering scheme, has been ordered to appear at Murdaugh’s trial.

He was subpoenaed by the state Attorney General’s Office.

Alex Murdaugh accomplice Curtis Smith subpoenaed to testify at upcoming murder trial
I wonder how good ol' cousin Eddie is feeling about Alex these days… Bitter about being dragged into his mess and ready to sing like a canary, or still beholden to him for some big pay out promised in the future and a hostile witness?

<snipped> good info here​

Judge protects identity of jurors in Murdaugh murder trial​

After garnering international headlines and an almost cult-like true crime following, Murdaugh's murder trial is expected to be one of the most publicized and widely followed criminal trials in SC history. To protect the integrity of the trial, and to protect the jurors would will decide guilt or innocence, SC Circuit Judge Clifton Newman has issued a court order preventing the public release of juror information.

State seeks to exclude polygraph, third-party suspect evidence​

New documents reveal more about the Alex Murdaugh murder and Russell Laffitte fraud cases
The judge may have issued a court order preventing the public release of juror information but that doesn't mean that all the local folks won't know exactly who is called and who is chosen for this trial. And, in light of that, influence to sway a juror may not be applied to a juror but to a juror's family, employer etc. Is this jury going to be sequestered?

The judge may have issued a court order preventing the public release of juror information but that doesn't mean that all the local folks won't know exactly who is called and who is chosen for this trial. And, in light of that, influence to sway a juror may not be applied to a juror but to a juror's family, employer etc. Is this jury going to be sequestered?

I’m sure they will be but in small places how much does it matter?

Yes! Rosiebones! I want to know this. I say that every single juror will be identified within 1 hour of being seated. Especially with all those folks in that area sitting on the edge of their seats. Think about it - if my coworker had jury duty, and then says they got on a "A JURY" at the exact same time the Murdagh jury is seated, and says they will be out for 2-3 weeks or whatever the estimate is, you KNOW I am calling my mamma, and my friends and all just because it feels cool to be close to the action, even if barely. So I pray they will be sequestered. That will be the only way I feel that the long reach of the Murdaughs will be stymied. I really believe that as long as this family has been in power, they do not know how to stop trying to keep control, even with something as serious as jury tampering.

I wonder how good ol' cousin Eddie is feeling about Alex these days… Bitter about being dragged into his mess and ready to sing like a canary, or still beholden to him for some big pay out promised in the future and a hostile witness?
Do friendly witnesses still get subpoenaed or do they just show up when it's their day to testify?

In preparation for disbarred attorney Richard “Alex” Murdaugh’s murder trial, the South Carolina state prosecution team is led by Creighton Waters. The criminal defense team is led by Jim Griffin and Richard “Dick” Harpootlian. The Honorable Clifton Newman will be the judge presiding over the trial.

Throughout the last half of 2022 both the prosecutors and defense attorneys have filed numerous pre-trial motions in preparation for the murder trial set to take place in the Colleton County Courthouse, with jury selection starting the week of January 23, 2023, in Walterboro.

TIMELINE EVENTS:

Thanks for the Twitter link! I now have a million more questions running through my head- but i'll wait for the more eloquent and sharp folks to formulate them- ha.
By settling with Buster and his mother's estate (Moselle) it freed up the property to be sold, valued at 3.7M and distributed to plaintiffs. It was said in that article that the Beach family thought that Buster had suffered enough.

They're still going after Parker Convenience Store where PM bought the alcohol and who have deeeeep pockets btw and of course Alex M and his estate.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member